The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US priests accused of sex abuse get a second chance by relocating to South America

Red Light Racicot

Exactly the reason I hate religion It's when people fall too deep and think everything can be fine if you use God.

...don't get me wrong, I believe in a "God" but completely different to what most do/follow. I just think it's wrong being so blinded by religion.

I try to keep in constant contact with him. We're buds (eh :P). He's given me discernment as a gift, I'm pretty sure he'd let me know when something's up.

I try not to be blinded by religion, because it is indeed blinding(, and that's why we get Christians even not believing God can do things today, like heal people, etc). I mean, I've got the Bible, but that's as far as it goes. God's taught me more himself than any one man has about him, and everything else I find that would be considered "religious" I search out for myself.

Recently I've started praying I'd be doing the right things with the right people at the right time and place, and he's led me to go places where I never would've thought to and I've unintentionally met some friends I haven't seen in a long time, including my high school crush. God is cool and he does cool things, but you can believe whatever you want about him until he reveals himself to you.

Yes, I agree. Deep feelings of guilt would become a hell on earth. We all need to pay for our crimes in this life, so our eternal souls do not pay for them in the next.

If you're talking about the physical consequences, yes. Spiritual/mental (it even bleeds into the physical, too)? That's why we have Jesus. I mean, we don't sin to get the grace, but he's there for when we stumble. If we truly want to get back up again and keep walking with him, he'll take responsibility for our failings and we get to keep going with him. I mean, there's at least a little bit of guilt that goes with you wherever you go, but it's so much less when you find forgiveness.

I try to keep in constant contact with him. We're buds (eh :P). He's given me discernment as a gift, I'm pretty sure he'd let me know when something's up.

I try not to be blinded by religion, because it is indeed blinding(, and that's why we get Christians even not believing God can do things today, like heal people, etc). I mean, I've got the Bible, but that's as far as it goes. God's taught me more himself than any one man has about him, and everything else I find that would be considered "religious" I search out for myself.

Recently I've started praying I'd be doing the right things with the right people at the right time and place, and he's led me to go places where I never would've thought to and I've unintentionally met some friends I haven't seen in a long time, including my high school crush. God is cool and he does cool things, but you can believe whatever you want about him until he reveals himself to you.

This is truly beautiful, and I thank you for sharing this with all here, fortunate enough to read it. God connects all that exists, and without Him there is only total loneliness. We can, through Him, pray for the eternal flame, even those sparks of the guilty priests.

Yeah but ye gotta love him for it.

Jazz would be a good friend. Straight up have your back.

From a hockey point of view, I want him on my team all day long. I know he would be there to stand up for his mates, even in a (so called) mean nothing summer camp game against the Russians when McCann gets rocked. That's a teammate. One who is always there, no matter the circumstance - a true Canadian heart!

No idea what he did to deserve that kind of comment. :/We all have our flaws, but I can say, someone who would forgive like that, I'd put above myself in the "quality person" category.

From a hockey point of view, I want him on my team all day long. I know he would be there to stand up for his mates, even in a (so called) mean nothing summer camp game against the Russians when McCann gets rocked. That's a teammate. One who is always there, no matter the circumstance - a true Canadian heart!

That's what I'm talkin bout bros.

The kid has love in his heart.

The kid has heart.

No idea what he did to deserve that kind of comment. :/

We all have our flaws, but I can say, someone who would forgive like that, I'd put above myself in the "quality person" category.

Just being honest. That kind of forgiveness is also dangerous because you passively accept it. Where's the accountability for here and now? Especially when the offence is committed more than once/regularly committed. That's irrelevant though apparently. As long as you "make it right with god" then it's not a big deal. This is the nonsense the Duggars were trying to pass off.

Just being honest. That kind of forgiveness is also dangerous because you passively accept it. Where's the accountability for here and now? Especially when the offence is committed more than once/regularly committed. That's irrelevant though apparently. As long as you "make it right with god" then it's not a big deal. This is the nonsense the Duggars were trying to pass off.

I think of you read Jazz's posts you won't find acceptance of the act, nor will you find him agreeing to allow the position of the offender to be maintained. And therefore I don't expect Jazz, when he does have kids, allow such an offender near them. Based on what I've got out of his posts.

I think of you read Jazz's posts you won't find acceptance of the act, nor will you find him agreeing to allow the position of the offender to be maintained. And therefore I don't expect Jazz, when he does have kids, allow such an offender near them. Based on what I've got out of his posts.

And if you notice, ever since the outrage crew took off (they seem to swarm like flies to crap until they were done releasing the pent up outrage), we've actually managed to right this thread-ship into respectable discourse.

Also, /inb4 someone brings up his Mecca comments.

The Duggars were often condemning of others, none other than Josh who was busy molesting girls while preaching about morals and looking down his nose at others. I don't notice that with jazz.

This is a bad example to give me, imma screw it up I think...

First of all, I don't have a priest. I'm not Catholic.

Second, I've already been planning to teach my kids to tell me anything they need to no matter the threat.

Third, I've got Jesus to let me know if anything is going on and to protect my family as well.

Fourth, I already know that I've got a place in heaven and I only give to places I know I can trust. See my third point for how I know I can trust a church or charity.

Fifth, you don't deserve a second chance. I'll never hate you but I'll have hated what you've done forever. It's disgusting.

Sixth, when I do find out, I'd do what Jesus said to do in the quote I've quoted earlier.

Seventh, I'd go find a new church ASAP.

You don't have to wait, I'm in the exact same crowd with you.

Fair enough man. I just see your responses on the first page and have to tell you I could never ever turn the other cheek

I have kids and very distinct views on these crimes.

There should never be a second chance for these people. To willingly prey upon societies weakest members and then destroy them mentally and physically for life doing it deserves no second chance

If you want my forgiveness for such a crime you can get it as I load my shotgun.

I've lead a very messed up life at times and I've been afforded chances I don't deserve but I've never considered anything like this.

I've also never been to jail. but would happily risk a sentence putting animals like this in front of god in an expedited manner

I'm honestly baffled by people that say things like 'I've got Jesus to tell me...' And when something bad inevitably happens, you chalk it up to a lesson or you weren't listening hard enough or somehow it's your fault. I just can't fathom being so blinded by faith. It's actually crazy.

That's what I'm talkin bout bros.

The kid has love in his heart.

The kid has heart.

Agreed. Love him or hate him, he's consistent with his beliefs.

Jazz, you seem like a good person and I can see your points. I may not necessarily agree 100% but I can see your side.

Just don't be TOO damn nice; as the saying goes "nice guys finish last"! ^_^

I care about everyone. That's why I want to help these people. If you feel the need to put them through a rehab program in prison, then do that. If you feel to give them a second chance, then do that, and put him in a community that's willing to help him be accountable and help him change.

I don't care what the research says. Every human has the capacity to change. Even the worst ones.

From wanted to see what would happen if someone were to bomb one of the holiest places in the world to "I care about everyone" is Jazz in a nutshell.

Archived