The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

macann should be in the nhl

hockeygod77

im not a pro scout but if i was in charge i would play maccann vitanen and one other rookie for at least 9 games..hunter shake should also just get a few games and if any of them pan out then you keep them if not move the players now rather than wait... ir eally think they will miss a player like kassian or bieksa ..not miss their sloppy play but the way the can create some room on the ice and be there for the players...but hey prust dorsett will be involved lots if this team will beat other teams in the west....they need a young d man that can play tough defence and tough hockey...thats a must linden

Hey AJhockey I don't think McCann is eligible for the AHL this year. One more year junior for him. Which sucks because the AHL would be the best for him like you say.

If there are two cases known; Horvat Last year and McCann this year in the same sticky situation, perhaps there are a few more players in that situation.

This should be addressed as a problem that may hamper one's evolution in the NHL.

I think he means McCann everybody :)

Edit : Honestly though , I don't think he has much of a shot this year man. Too many forwards fighting for spots already. He would have to really , really ,reallllllly impress.

Virtanen has the best shot out of the prospects you mentioned to make the team this year because he is a beast.

are you seven pounds soft from sexual stories?

im not a pro scout but if i was in charge i would play maccann vitanen and one other rookie for at least 9 games..hunter shake should also just get a few games and if any of them pan out then you keep them if not move the players now rather than wait... ir eally think they will miss a player like kassian or bieksa ..not miss their sloppy play but the way the can create some room on the ice and be there for the players...but hey prust dorsett will be involved lots if this team will beat other teams in the west....they need a young d man that can play tough defence and tough hockey...thats a must linden

Nothing in here says why McCann should be in the NHL other than this is what you would do. The Canucks have professional managers, coaches and scouts making these decisions, these are people that have lived and breathed hockey their entire lives so I'd place more faith in their judgement than I would in yours.

What a stupid idea, forcing youngsters to play their maximum allowed games before sending them down. Do you realize that every team has limited roster spots? And those roster spots would be wasted if we're just going to use the young players like temporary loans before sending them back? And what if Virtanen and McCann aren't ready? What then? Then their individual morale will suffer, the team will suffer and everybody loses. If they look like they're ready, they can prove themselves in preseason and the first few regular season games. If at any point they are not ready then they should be sent down right away. Don't force them to play the nine games thinking it's somehow going to help no matter what.

Archived