The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

macann should be in the nhl

hockeygod77

A good GM will know if the player has a future with team from the get go..none games will show what the kid can do and thats the difference in getting a championship team together...you don't baby them along until they get to the hl level..you teach them the hl game young and early is my way...you don't pick guys for their scoring skills only...its about having the chatacter skill and toughness...

hqdefault.jpg

I think he means McCann everybody :)

Edit : Honestly though , I don't think he has much of a shot this year man. Too many forwards fighting for spots already. He would have to really , really ,reallllllly impress.

Virtanen has the best shot out of the prospects you mentioned to make the team this year because he is a beast.

I like Virtanen sure, but am I the only one who thinks this guy is getting his tires pumped way beyond reality?

The way this team is shaping up Brenden Gaunce has a better chance at making the team than Jake does IMO. He's that prototypical 2-way guy that Benning loves and is also a big body at 6'2 205lbs... I'd put him on the 4th line before Vey.

Jake is projected as a scoring power forward but he has yet to really show that - even at the AHL level.

had no idea about franzen and streit lol. How can you be drafted so late?

Eligibility:

Any North American player who turns 18 by September 15 and does not turn 20 by Decemeber 31 is eligible for the draft. Any non-North American player can be drafted at any age if they are at least 18 by September 15. If a player is 18, they must declare themselves eligible, but if a player turns 19 by September 15th, they are automatically eligible for selection in the draft.

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/rules/

Eligibility:

Any North American player who turns 18 by September 15 and does not turn 20 by Decemeber 31 is eligible for the draft. Any non-North American player can be drafted at any age if they are at least 18 by September 15. If a player is 18, they must declare themselves eligible, but if a player turns 19 by September 15th, they are automatically eligible for selection in the draft.

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/rules/

so they were just kind of passed over until they developed at that age. Cool

i know way more hockey than most of you on here including the fans of the game that go to rogers arena..some smart fans but many just don't get it..i know it and followed it played lots of sports and yes i think thats why the canucks never get going unless they fluke it off with some surprsie player..i just think if you go with the young guys in they will be better off in the long run win or lose...players that do well start in the hl at 18 or 20....you can't just send guys down and hope they get bigger and faster...you need to plat them now

I'd be surprised if you were older than 16.

i know way more hockey than most of you on here including the fans of the game that go to rogers arena..some smart fans but many just don't get it..i know it and followed it played lots of sports and yes i think thats why the canucks never get going unless they fluke it off with some surprsie player..i just think if you go with the young guys in they will be better off in the long run win or lose...players that do well start in the hl at 18 or 20....you can't just send guys down and hope they get bigger and faster...you need to plat them now

Damn kid.you must be smart.

You're inglish is surper.

Almost as surperer as you're hockey nowledge.

Teech me how too be as smrt as you is.

(If you don't want to get made fun of, don't come here telling everybody how much smarter you are than them. Smart people's posts don't take 3 time to read before it makes sense.)

Even if he was playing good enough to make the team, he is just too little. He is a skinny little boy.

Physically he would get beat down by halfway through the season.

Let's take our time and let him marinade for a while.

Gaunce on the other hand, looks ready now. His game and size are needed on the team.

Even if he was playing good enough to make the team, he is just too little. He is a skinny little boy.

Gaunce on the other hand, looks ready now. His game and size are needed on the team.

and how big is pastrnak?

McCann 6.0 179...Sam can't do a chin up Benett 6'1 178. Lots of similarities in both players, in fact it was reported that McCann was top 5 in hockey IQ in his draft class.

McCann 6.0 179...Sam can't do a chin up Benett 6'1 178. Lots of similarities in both players, in fact it was reported that McCann was top 5 in hockey IQ in his draft class.

I've got a 17 year old nephew who is around 175-180 and lives in the gym. He still looks like a little wiener boy. I just think McCaan should be a bit stronger.

I am really high on him tho. I think he will be a hell of a great player for us in the not too distant future.

And didn't Bennett have an injured shoulder during that test?

Archived