The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Captaincy] Montreal Canadiens name Max Pacioretty their 29th Captain.

Odd.

According to the organization, the 26-year-old left-winger was chosen by the players.

“Last year prepared me a lot for this. I think whether you have the ‘C’ on your sweater or not, you’re expected to lead this team and we expect everyone to lead the team,” Pacioretty told reporters last Thursday at the Habs’ annual golf tournament.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2228039/max-pacioretty-named-29th-captain-of-canadiens/

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2015/09/18/montreal-canadiens-name-max-pacioretty-as-captain.html

P.K Subban, Andrei Markov, and Brendan Gallagher named alternate captains.

EDIT: Forgot to add Tomas Plekanec who's also an alternate captain.

No surprise. What's interesting is the inclusion of Gallagher, and Plekanec not getting an A. Lends creedance to the rumours that Plekanec might be the one dealt in Galchenyuk works out at centre

Edit, Nevermind. I read the articles, Plekanec actually does still have an "A"

Anyone think Subby is disappointed that he doesn't even get an A?

Perhaps it can be argued that Subby might be disappointed not to have been given the "C", but he will wear the "A", and I believe that it's a good choice. He has matured a significant amount on the ice but he can be hot-tempered at times.

Would have thought Subban would get it especially after that generous donation and setting a good example in the community for all the things he's done off the ice. Not disappointed as Patches is a great leader on and off the ice as well. Congrats. That Habs team is solid, they're pretty set all around to compete for the next 7-8 years. Hope they finally bring the cup back to Canada because lord knows they're the best Canadian team and it has been too damn long

Archived