The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) 2 beauty trades...

So the consensus is that come trade deadline both Vrbata and Hammer will be moved...hopefully for 1st round picks. However, why deal for mid-round to late picks that are a few years off when you might be able to deal for great prospects that might be able to step in the line up next year or the year after. I propose that if Detroit is scratching for a playoff spot, Vrbata would be the perfect fit for that club.

Vrbata- to Detroit

Mantha-to Vancouver

Mantha's stock has slipped slightly but this kid can flat out play he'll be ready for the NHL next year.and with Virtanen on the RW as well we could have some serious high end depth in that spot.

The next deal involves Hamhuis, who better to deal with then J.B.'s favorite team to deal with then Anaheim...

Hamhuis-to Anaheim

Ritchie-to Vancouver

N.Ritchie is a beast who is a lot like Lucic, he's 6'3", 240lbs. He also will be ready to play next year and would look great with Horvat.

Hopefully the Canucks are in a position to sign Lucic in the off season because we need a physical leader who can transcend this team to play with physical edge and still pot 25 goals.

If you look at kids like Virtanen, Ritchie, McCann and Mantha this team would be a seriously physical and a very skilled club.

Flame away...

Never happen, two high prospects for rentals.

really?

Correct me if I am wrong but high prospects and first or multiples of get traded every single year my man, even though this forum seems to continually say and think otherwise.

Doesn't mean these trades happen, but these kinds of trades happen all the time.

We'd have to give a lot more, and I'd be happy to upgrade some of our prospects for those listed guys with Vbrata + Hamhuis as added value.

TO DET: Vbrata + Boeser

TO VAN: Mantha + 2nd or 3rd round pick

----

TO ANA: Hamhuis + Hutton

TO VAN: Shea Theodore + late pick

Sure, Boeser and Hutton are good, but lets be realistic - they're not going to be future NHL stars. I know it's hard to predict how Mantha and Theodore will turn out, but the probability that they'll have great top success in the NHL is much higher than that of Boeser and Hutton. In my books, Boeser will be a 2nd line powerforward at best, more likely a Higgins-type player, and Hutton will never play more than 20 minutes on a thin defence, I don't think he'd crack a deep top-4.

Mantha on the other hand is proving himself at every level and is a giant, while Theodore is a point machine at the AHL level and is just a step away from the big leagues but won't get that chance with the stacked young Ducks defence.

Next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic

Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows

Hansen - Sutter - Mantha

Dorsett - Gaunce - Virtanen

Prust

Cassels

Edler - Tanev

Theodore - Seabrook (I wish, otherwise some UFA)

Sbisa - Barktowski

Corrado

We'd have to give a lot more, and I'd be happy to upgrade some of our prospects for those listed guys with Vbrata + Hamhuis as added value.

----

Sure, Boeser and Hutton are good, but lets be realistic - they're not going to be future NHL stars. I know it's hard to predict how Mantha and Theodore will turn out, but the probability that they'll have great top success in the NHL is much higher than that of Boeser and Hutton. In my books, Boeser will be a 2nd line powerforward at best, more likely a Higgins-type player, and Hutton will never play more than 20 minutes on a thin defence, I don't think he'd crack a deep top-4.

Mantha on the other hand is proving himself at every level and is a giant, while Theodore is a point machine at the AHL level and is just a step away from the big leagues but won't get that chance with the stacked young Ducks defence.

Next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic

Hansen - Sutter - Mantha

Prust

Cassels

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Barktowski

Corrado

Again you completely overlook the upside of Boeser and Hutton. Arguably Boeser has one of the finest shots of any of our prospects and has the unique ability to find the perfect area to shoot from, his shot reminds me of Brett Hull. Hutton seems to have impressed everybody in the management group including Benning who likes his size skating and puck moving ability. In fact when Benning is asked about our prospects Huttons name is always brought up by him as one of our prime guys.

detroit's lost faith in mantha. mantha is their jensen, except he had farther to fall

Wut?

In February, while Mantha was still struggling to adjust to the the AHL, Coach Jeff Blashill said "When you care as much as he [Mantha] cares, as soon as he learns the daily attention to detail and the daily work ethic it takes, with his skill set, he's going to be a special player". Learning what it takes on a daily basis to be a successful NHL player is a process for all young players, so the fact that Mantha is also learning the "daily attention" as Blashill put it, shouldn't come as a shock, and also isn't a reason to question his desire.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/7/23/8903521/the-demise-of-anthony-mantha-has-been-greatly-exaggerated-detroit-red-wings

Sounds like their new coach hates him.

----

Next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic

Hansen - Sutter - Mantha

Prust

Cassels

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Barktowski

Corrado

The trades i proposed are fair and realistic, Mantha was a below middle round pick and Ritchie was a top third pick, and yes we want Ritchie, just ask McCann, he loved playing with him. Teams need start thinking about Jr. synergies, built in line chemistry. Just like Sven Baertschi and Ty Rattie

Again you completely overlook the upside of Boeser and Hutton. Arguably Boeser has one of the finest shots of any of our prospects and has the unique ability to find the perfect area to shoot from, his shot reminds me of Brett Hull. Hutton seems to have impressed everybody in the management group including Benning who likes his size skating and puck moving ability. In fact when Benning is asked about our prospects Huttons name is always brought up by him as one of our prime guys.

No way are we dealing either of those prospects, they will be future core players for the Canucks...

really?

Correct me if I am wrong but high prospects and first or multiples of get traded every single year my man, even though this forum seems to continually say and think otherwise.

Doesn't mean these trades happen, but these kinds of trades happen all the time.

I hate absolutes but the chances of this happening - particularly involving an aging team like Detroit or a team already stacked with defence like Anaheim - really are so small I felt pretty safe saying it.

I hate absolutes but the chances of this happening - particularly involving an aging team like Detroit or a team already stacked with defence like Anaheim - really are so small I felt pretty safe saying it.

and that's cool.

But while remote a solid prospect is far from unrealistic in return from the right team

Archived