The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Jaromir Jagr

canucksnhl

Jagr and the Sedins were meant to be a line, but it never happened. Jagr is one of the strongest cyclers in the history of the NHL, big body, RHed, obviously huge hockey IQ, goal scorer, would fit perfectly on the PP and 5-on-5 with the Sedins. Unfortunately I doubt it works out. And how much can Jagr have left in the tank?

Saying that, if the Canucks want to make the playoffs and move out vets for picks, and FLA is out of a playoff spot, then maybe something like:

Canucks move Vrbata to team X for a 1st round pick

Canucks acquire Jagr from Florida for a 3rd round pick

Canucks get a 1st rounder, but stay competitive for the playoffs.

Very unlikely. But I think most hockey watchers would agree that Jagr & the Sedins would've been great together.

Jagr and the Sedins were meant to be a line, but it never happened. Jagr is one of the strongest cyclers in the history of the NHL, big body, RHed, obviously huge hockey IQ, goal scorer, would fit perfectly on the PP and 5-on-5 with the Sedins. Unfortunately I doubt it works out. And how much can Jagr have left in the tank?

Saying that, if the Canucks want to make the playoffs and move out vets for picks, and FLA is out of a playoff spot, then maybe something like:

Canucks move Vrbata to team X for a 1st round pick

Canucks acquire Jagr from Florida for a 3rd round pick

Canucks get a 1st rounder, but stay competitive for the playoffs.

Very unlikely. But I think most hockey watchers would agree that Jagr & the Sedins would've been great together.

If Jagr came back a little earlier and signed with us him and the Sedins in their prime (10/11-11/12) could've arguably been one of the best lines of all time.

If Jagr came back a little earlier and signed with us him and the Sedins in their prime (10/11-11/12) could've arguably been one of the best lines of all time.

Definitely would have been something. Not to mention the ability to put Jagr with Kesler sometimes back then would've really given the Canucks two scary lines. Oh well.

So how about we reconsider my proposal here? 

Jagr wants to play until he is 50. Sedins are ironmen. Doug Jarvis is the ironman champ. They're not young, but they are legends.

Jagr isn't aging; the senior would bring a spark to the Sedins! Show them how to play into their 40-50s. 

Sedins foreverrrrrrrrrrrr.

On 12/23/2016 at 0:55 AM, canucksnhl said:

So how about we reconsider my proposal here? 

Jagr wants to play until he is 50. Sedins are ironmen. Doug Jarvis is the ironman champ. They're not young, but they are legends.

Jagr isn't aging; the senior would bring a spark to the Sedins! Show them how to play into their 40-50s. 

Sedins foreverrrrrrrrrrrr.

On 9/20/2015 at 0:18 PM, elvis15 said:

People keep suggesting it, but also keep forgetting he has no interest in coming out West. He'll stay in the East (particularly in the warm, Florida weather) where the travel is much easier.

Don't bump year+ old threads. The answer hasn't changed: he wouldn't want to come here.

Archived