The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miley Cyrus Wants To Stop BC Wolf Cull

DonLever

The fact is extinction is the norm. Albeit, human encroachment has likely exacerbated extinction and population decline in many species. The science is far too difficult to make concrete predictions on effects of the cull, but should that stop the government from proceeding? Maybe, maybe not.

If we agree that we want to preserve species, for whatever reasons, we will have to make decisions like these. If we agree that we don't want to preserve species then there are no decisions. If the latter is chosen, it is important to note that it isn't just "nature taking its course". Human's have already corrupted "nature" (from a natural state) and thus we would just be deciding to not take corrective action.

It's a little unfortunate that Cyrus and Clark are turning this issue into a clown show. At least Cyrus is bringing awareness to the issue while Clark is making jokes on twitter.

Bingo. I'm not a Cyrus fan (either her or her dad) but her heart's in the right place and at least she's drawing attention to it in a positive way.

It's funny that people speak of mother nature as something humans control. We're actually a part of mother nature. If mother nature wanted to get rid of us, it would be no problem. Becomes easy enough anyways as we increase in population and make our own environment less hospitable for ourselves.

We can control mother nature, but generally only in a negative way. We'd be in effect ridding nature of ourselves, versus mother nature doing it, as we'd be destroying integral portions of the food chain and climate to ruin the whole ecosystem.

If we want to 'control' mother nature positively, the only thing we can do is to get our stupid selves out of the way to let it correct itself.

Seems like senseless killing. I'm not at all a supporter of trophy hunting. Clark acting childish and immature over this whole thing isnt a good look either.

The credbility of Cyrus makes no difference really. Shes bringing millions of peoples attention to this who otherwise wouldnt be aware. Mission accomplished, back to twerking naked on a wrecking ball and licking chains.

I love wolves. They are literally my favourite animal.

They are the ancestors of my second favourite animal, the dog.

Tortorella has said one thing I truly agree with: Dogs are better than people. I have cried more for dogs I have lost than people I knew who have died.

Why you ask? Because dogs are loyal, while people tend to be self serving dicks who will lie to your face for a nickel.

Long story short: Feed Miley to the wolves

I see what you did there

Shhhh.;)

I love wolves. They are literally my favourite animal.

They are the ancestors of my second favourite animal, the dog.

Tortorella has said one thing I truly agree with: Dogs are better than people. I have cried more for dogs I have lost than people I knew who have died.

Why you ask? Because dogs are loyal, while people tend to be self serving dicks who will lie to your face for a nickel.

Long story short: Feed Miley to the wolves

Wolves are my favourite animal too.

Unfortunately/ironically I have never seen one...only heard them...and I've spent a lot of time being outdoorsy - coming in close contact with other wild animals local to our environs.

Right behind the wolf on the list in no order would be:

The humpback whale

The killer whale

Gorilla

Bald eagle

Sloth

So hopefully Miley likes those animals too.

I loves wolves more than you hate Miley.

Unfortunately for the Miley haters (of which I would generally classify myself as), she is now on the right side of the debate. Personally, I would prefer she not be. "People" will take the opposite stance now just because they hate Miley. The fact is, these culls have been tried and have failed before. Wolves are not the cause of the Caribou extinction. Loss of habitat and food source is the reason for the Caribou extinction. The science also shows if the cull is not done thoroughly, or if any of the pack are left living, they will begin hunting alone and could easily strain the caribou populations even more. The Prov. Libs are ignoring scientific fact. It shouldn't matter who is advocating for the wolves in my opinion, what should matter is the stifling of actual science by Christy Clark and her cronies. I am extremely disappointed in Christ Clark. She is deflecting the real issue with Miley bashing...which leads me back to why Miley's support isn't necessarily helpful. What does Christy think will happen to the Caribou when the pipeline destroys more of their habitat? Should we kill more wolves?

I think Miley Cyrus is a lot smarter than people give her credit for. I don't know much about the wolf cull issue but I wouldn't have known this was even happening if it weren't for her. Are we gonna even debate the issue, or just sit around trashing an innocent woman? She likes to party and shake her ass, big deal.

I think Miley Cyrus is a lot smarter than people give her credit for. I don't know much about the wolf cull issue but I wouldn't have known this was even happening if it weren't for her. Are we gonna even debate the issue, or just sit around trashing an innocent woman? She likes to party and shake her ass, big deal.

Just a short time ago she was wearing a full fur coat, and if you think culling wolves is unnecessarily cruel, it isn't anywhere close to the cruelty the fur industry. I don't have a problem with people debating the merits of a wolf cull, but to do something as idiotic as wear a coat like that and protest a wolf cull a short time later......you have to wonder why exactly she takes issue with the cull.

Just a short time ago she was wearing a full fur coat, and if you think culling wolves is unnecessarily cruel, it isn't anywhere close to the cruelty the fur industry. I don't have a problem with people debating the merits of a wolf cull, but to do something as idiotic as wear a coat like that and protest a wolf cull a short time later......you have to wonder why exactly she takes issue with the cull.

Fair enough, and the fur coat thing is a relevant point. So why don't people bring that up more instead of stupid things like twerking?

Archived