The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miley Cyrus Wants To Stop BC Wolf Cull

DonLever

What about the caribou?

Saving the Caribou and killing entire packs of Wolves are not mutually exclusive. We can save the Caribou and not kill the Wolves. Anyone who argues removing an apex predator from an ecosystem to balance out a loss of habitat caused by Man, not Wolves, is purposefully deceiving themselves. Think of the cost of running the helicopters and paying people to pick off the Wolves at a distance versus what those funds could do to preserve, create and protect the habitat and Caribou. The same style of cull failed in the 90's. It's actually quite risky to rely on shooting Wolves at a distance. If a pack is not completely destroyed and is spread out, each Wolf will hunt separately and they will target multiple Caribou. From a cost perspective alone it makes no sense. I (and most others who are fighting to stop the cull) want to see the Caribou saved. There is a smear campaign from the Christy Libs painting anyone who wants to save the Wolves as being callous to the plight of the Caribou. I've seen more ad hominem attacks on character from them than I have relevant science. I have lost all faith in the Prov Libs to manage this sensitive issue.

So to answer your question? We need to save the Caribou...and not cull Wolves.

Saving the Caribou and killing entire packs of Wolves are not mutually exclusive. We can save the Caribou and not kill the Wolves. Anyone who argues removing an apex predator from an ecosystem to balance out a loss of habitat caused by Man, not Wolves, is purposefully deceiving themselves. Think of the cost of running the helicopters and paying people to pick off the Wolves at a distance versus what those funds could do to preserve, create and protect the habitat and Caribou. The same style of cull failed in the 90's. It's actually quite risky to rely on shooting Wolves at a distance. If a pack is not completely destroyed and is spread out, each Wolf will hunt separately and they will target multiple Caribou. From a cost perspective alone it makes no sense. I (and most others who are fighting to stop the cull) want to see the Caribou saved. There is a smear campaign from the Christy Libs painting anyone who wants to save the Wolves as being callous to the plight of the Caribou. I've seen more ad hominem attacks on character from them than I have relevant science. I have lost all faith in the Prov Libs to manage this sensitive issue.

Awesome bud.

Thank you for your commitments.

Her last album hit 1 million in sales in 2014, which was her 6th album to do so.

...As unfortunate as that may be, sounds pretty relevant.

Disgusting, isn't it? Seriously, there are people in this world that not only ENJOY her music and buy it, but can even tolerate it. To me, she is pure scum.

Disgusting, isn't it? Seriously, there are people in this world that not only ENJOY her music and buy it, but can even tolerate it. To me, she is pure scum.

Why can't people all have the same tastes and opinions I do. Jerks.

The wolf cull is a very misguided attempt at disguising the real issue that is threatening the Caribou: humans.

The only species of animal on this planet that really needs to be culled in order to sustain the environment are humans.

Its a sad reality we live in.

On another note: I suggest people watch Parasyte: The Maxim (anime) for a great take on the human cull.

Hey I might not like the girls music or her performing persona either, but as a person she does a lot of good for marginalized people, probably a lot more than anyone here has done.

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/miley-cyrus

Such scum.

Exactly, a wolf cull is just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic, doesn't address the real issue, mainly habitat destruction and disrupting migration routes.

Disgusting, isn't it? Seriously, there are people in this world that not only ENJOY her music and buy it, but can even tolerate it. To me, she is pure scum

Can't say I like her music (although calling the music hers appears to be a stretch, as far as I know she doesn't write or play an instrument), do not like the image she is presenting, but the public image may not be the real Miley, it may be just a character she created to get attention and sell albums. I haven't heard about drug busts, rehab or run ins with the law from her ( unlike Lindsay Lohan)

Her last album hit 1 million in sales in 2014, which was her 6th album to do so.

...As unfortunate as that may be, sounds pretty relevant.

Maybe I just don't hear about her because I'm older now and I'm not exposed to too much news or media that discusses pop idols but I thought she was past her prime. Regardless, I'm glad to have entered an age where I have to rarely hear about people like her. Ah blissful ignorant adulthood!

Bit of an overreaction don't you think? What has she done wrong?

-Wears weird clothes

-Shows her boobs

-Parties

-Makes bad music (depending on your taste)

There's really nothing innately wrong with any of these things. In terms of being a "train wreck" she's not even in the top 10, in fact she actually seems to have a decent handle on her life if you watch her interviews. She's mostly just playing a character. I know it's sort of the cool thing to do to hate on flashy celebrities, but I would reserve use of the term "scum" for people who actually make a life of hurting others.

Bit of an overreaction don't you think? What has she done wrong?

-Wears weird clothes

-Shows her boobs

-Parties

-Makes bad music (depending on your taste)

There's really nothing innately wrong with any of these things. In terms of being a "train wreck" she's not even in the top 10, in fact she actually seems to have a decent handle on her life if you watch her interviews. She's mostly just playing a character. I know it's sort of the cool thing to do to hate on flashy celebrities, but I would reserve use of the term "scum" for people who actually make a life of hurting others.

I don't have to justify my hate of a celebrity to you and neither does anyone else. By being a public figure and making an embarrassing about of money for doing something I don't like (IMO terrible music), she opens herself to my irrational dislike.

And it's just not her. If you tied up Kanye West and a convicted murder, and gave me a gun with two bullets, I'd shoot Kanye West twice.

Archived