The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Higgins out 3 Weeks with Broken Foot

b3.

Kenins Horvat Hansen seemed to work pretty good. I would imagine that would be the default line.

It did, but I can't help but feel like Hansen is the weak link on that line. His talent level just isn't suited for possession hockey.

Kenins - Horvat - Higgins

looks ideal to me. Last night surprised me because Higgins and Horvat had instant chemistry. I look forward to seeing more of those two together this year.

This could cost Higgins his job permanently. A rookie is gonna come in and try to prove himself now. Bad luck for him, but itll be exciting to see more youngsters make the team.

That's too bad for poor Higgy.

How come no one mentions Kenin-ball? With Bo he was one of the most productive guys on the team last year, and he's got the skating, physicality and enough scoring touch to make a difference in the bottom 6. Sure, Brendan and Jake have impressed but Ronnys Hockeys shouldn't be discounted b/c he's still young.

Pls no

Gaunce looked pretty damn good last night too. He is one of our most underrated and forgotten-about prospects I would say. He's a big kid, has a nice shot, and his skating is not as bad as people make it out to be. He will fit nicely into a third/fourth line role this season or next.

He's seen a lot of talk since his play in the second half and playoffs last year in Utica

NOTE only possible without Higgins on opening night:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baerschi Horvat Hansen

Kennins Sutter Borrows

Gaunce/Virtanen - Prust - Dorsett

Pressbox: Vey, Grenier, Virtanen

Managament soon realizes this roster shows just as much - if not more promise than with Higgins active. One more vet is moved in the wake of this discovery. Virtanen and Gaunce become regulars, Vey, Grenier rotate with other young faces but mainly with Dorsett and Prust. Cracknell is the other forward for (injuries, sickness) filler.

With Higgins in the lineup Benning and Co. Will be more complacent and we likely won't see any vets moved until the deadline, if at all depending on the play off situation.

in both situations the teams are capable of making the playoffs as a wildcard. More of the same happens in the scenerio where Higgins is not hurt come opening night, make playoffs (or just miss). Get eliminated in the first round. The other side of the coin where Higgins is NOT available in Calgary on the 7th - we will make the playoffs as the number 1 wildcard and make enough noise to make the second round, similar to Calgary last year

The new faces are a breath of fresh air and a good look on the future. But unlike Calgary we will trend downwards instead of up for the next two seaons. Returning as a solid playoff team in 2018.

. thing about having a team of vets they get comfy just because hansen out works alot of players doesnt mean he will win out over youth baertchi has more upside when virtanen and gaunce dont have stone hands they seem to get better scoring opportunititys plus they make less in cap space id rather free up 1.6 mill and play a youngster than have all these vets do the saje thung we do every yr which is mediorcrity

Lol until he gets out played, he is gonna be on the roster. He plays a bottom 6 role and continually provides secondary scoring and grinds harder then anyone. It will be evident when his time is over, but it's not now

He's seen a lot of talk since his play in the second half and playoffs last year in Utica

He's seen more since last year, yes, but he is still second in conversation to guys like virtenan, shink, subban, mccann. I get that those players are more exciting, but Gaunce is probably the closest to getting into the big leagues.

Lucky we've got about 20 wingers who can play a similar role. Regardless, Higgins' work ethic is the sort of thing that rubs off on players, and is a big reason why Hansen plays with the tenacity he does. If we could throw that work ethic into our kids like Shinkaruk, Virtanen and even Jensen, we'd have some pretty formidable young wingers.

I'd like to see Kenins, Gaunce, Shinkaruk and especially Jensen get a better shot now. Jensen has been toiling in the AHL for many years and shows strides of brilliance followed by complete invisibility at times. He needs to be paired with a consistent veteran to teach him how to become a consistent scorer in the NHL, and I thought Higgins, Hansen or the Sedins would be the perfect mentors for him.

Lucky we've got about 20 wingers who can play a similar role. Regardless, Higgins' work ethic is the sort of thing that rubs off on players, and is a big reason why Hansen plays with the tenacity he does. If we could throw that work ethic into our kids like Shinkaruk, Virtanen and even Jensen, we'd have some pretty formidable young wingers.

I'd like to see Kenins, Gaunce, Shinkaruk and especially Jensen get a better shot now. Jensen has been toiling in the AHL for many years and shows strides of brilliance followed by complete invisibility at times. He needs to be paired with a consistent veteran to teach him how to become a consistent scorer in the NHL, and I thought Higgins, Hansen or the Sedins would be the perfect mentors for him.

higgins has no bearing on hansen's work ethic. hansen's work ethic is what got him to the show, and did so long before higgins joined the team.

also jensen has been in the ahl for 2 years, plus a partial season after his swedish league season ended. by what definition is that "many years"?

you've once again demonstrated how utterly clueless you are

Archived