The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Higgins out 3 Weeks with Broken Foot

b3.

Kenins is the spare forward. Looks like Virtanen will get quite an opportunity. He will be our extra even if Ronnie plays well. Will probably see his max limit of games before a decision is made.

My money is on both of them sticking and Hansen being shipped out for a pick or D prospect.

Hopefully he recovers quickly. At least we know exactly what to expect out of Higgins: solid defensive play, veteran leadership and an uncanny ability to miss the net completely, even with no one in it.

Even though this gives one of our prospects a spot for a while and a fantastic opportunity to miss a yawning cage themselves,I'd prefer they earn it by actually playing better than Higgins, or Hansen, or anyone other than another prospect. Which, even though I rip on Higgins, matching his positional and defensive play would be almost impossible for any of our prospects, even most of our vets, sadly.

Rest up bud.

Jensen has a better chance because I'm pretty sure he is waiver eligible this year unlike Kenins who we can send up and down.

Jensen is still waivers exempt for another year. If it's not Kenins, it's Virtanen or maybe Gaunce steals a spot. Could be two of the three.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Sutter - Vrbata

Virtanen - Horvat - Hansen

Prust - Vey - Dorsett

Jensen, Kenins

I could see that starting night, then Gaunce being called up if it's decided that Virt only gets 9 games. With so many players playing for a roster spot, the Canucks could end up playing with a lot of intensity these first weeks. If they can set a tone I wouldn't be surprised if they surprised everyone again this year.

Archived