The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC in a rush to Implode - Selling off All Buildings in midst of Election Campaign

TOMapleLaughs

CBC has been dying a slow death for quite awhile now. The biggest blow came when they lost the HNIC theme but this seems to be another major setback for them.

Like most people, I think the only thing I consistently watch is hockey on Saturday nights....and maybe some coronation street if you count the time I turn on the TV when I get up the next day and let it run while I brew up some coffee. After that I realize it's Coronation Street and promptly switch to my recorded programming.

Meanwhile in the BBC, they make $5 billion in revenue. 1/4 of that is BBC Worldwide selling it's programming internationally.

However they too have been selling off real estate and consolidating programming. I'm pretty sure if the CBC made quality shows like the BBC does they wouldn't have issues.

It's pretty clear that the Conservatives aren't trying to kill the CBC to save money. They just don't want someone asking tough questions on how they run government.

It's pretty clear that the Conservatives aren't trying to kill the CBC to save money. They just don't want someone asking tough questions on how they run government.

I doubt it, the CDC is quite biased and I wouldn't put it past them to support whatever party is going to give them the most funding. If they were interested in criticizing the government you would see them run a report on what the Canada Revenue Agency is up to.

I doubt it, the CDC is quite biased and I wouldn't put it past them to support whatever party is going to give them the most funding. If they were interested in criticizing the government you would see them run a report on what the Canada Revenue Agency is up to.

In general CBC is alright in staying neutral. Don't let Conservative media and their drones like Mr. Ambien fool you.

Meanwhile in the BBC, they make $5 billion in revenue. 1/4 of that is BBC Worldwide selling it's programming internationally.

However they too have been selling off real estate and consolidating programming. I'm pretty sure if the CBC made quality shows like the BBC does they wouldn't have issues.

This seems to explain the selloff rush during election period. Probably shouldn't be allowed.

Mr D is pretty funny but Dragons Den? Really? A show where they sit around waiting for something worthwhile and when they find it they basically steal it from the inventor. They dont pit themselves against each other to get the deal. They pit themselves against the person with the product to take as much of the company as they can for as little as they have to pay.

And once they get off air nothing is signed yet and any deal made on the show is non binding...so whatever. The guy with the doorbell thing that hooks to your cell phone and a small camera so you can answer your front door from anywhere. He sold it on the show and the deal fell through afterwards when it came time to sign and whoever it was that bought it wanted more than the agreed upon percentage of the company. That guy ended up walking and getting 25 million in financing from Richard Branson (owner of Virgin airways, records, etc) without having to give up control of his company. They now sell in Home Depot and other stores. He won by failing to make a deal. Thats Dragon Den in a nutshell.

EDIT: sorry for going so far off topic. I dont get much of anything out of CBC. Its rise or fall makes no real difference to me. I do miss Peter Puck though.

I'm sure the 'politics' behind Dragons Den aren't all that great, but I enjoy watching it for 2 reasons: I love Shark Tank (the politics behind that show probably aren't that great but I like the Sharks and they're going to be having a lot more celebrity guest sharks this season), and I like that it's Canadian (I've seen a couple people on there who I know personally, and I've seen a couple products on there that I actually use).

Nah less spending especially on First Nations and corporations would be a start but from the looks of it any of the three that get elected won't do crap. And Trudeau's platform is "frack it.. just run deficits".

More hypocrisy from Harper butt-kissers!!!

Harper ran deficits while our economy was booming. He increased our deficit by over $150 billion while letting our infrastructure erode. If Trudeau runs deficits to fix all the bridges and roads that Harper let rot, at least he will be creating jobs for Canadians in the process. Canadian workers will be the ones fixing the roads and bridges that Harper ignored for 10 years. These Canadian workers will spend their wages in Canada which will circulate more money into small businesses. Harpers deficits only benefited the ultra-wealthy!!

Harper ran deficits while our economy was booming. He increased our deficit by over $150 billion while letting our infrastructure erode. If Trudeau runs deficits to fix all the bridges and roads that Harper let rot, at least he will be creating jobs for Canadians in the process. Canadian workers will be the ones fixing the roads and bridges that Harper ignored for 10 years. These Canadian workers will spend their wages in Canada which will circulate more money into small businesses. Harpers deficits only benefited the ultra-wealthy!!

lol

Find me a post where I defend Harper's deficit spending.

Then compare to the posts where I chide him for it.

Gonna be rather lopsided but not in the bone headed way you asserted.

Then have your kids and grand-kids be taxed to heaven to pay off the accumulated debt as interest rates cannot stay this low forever...

The CBC is such a waste of money. It actually blows my mind people still watch it. When they played hockey, i wouldn't even change to CBC a minute before hockey started because it was just so awful. Coronation street.. Little mosque on the prairie? Cable is basically dead with the likes of apple tv, and the other ones. CBC was already dead long ago.

Archived