The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BBB?

Nuxfanabroad

The fact that you think Ferland is a "playoff player" or an effective player in the NHL shows me that your judgement is far too clouded with emotions. He's a fringe NHLer who will be lucky to play 200 games, but because he got a couple big hits in a few playoff games all of a sudden he is the guy we need to build our team to respond to? Take a step back and get some objectivity.

Don't worry after Benning takes us to the bottom we should get some good quality prospects that excel in the playoffs. But don't expect to see Benning as our GM in 2-3 years.

How did FERKLUND look last night? Just in case U missed

1 goal 1 assist +1 & 1st Star of the game....oh ya & 2 hits 4 shots and 14:00 min.

Just a BIT better than what U described..... :shock::towel:

How did FERKLUND look last night? Just in case U missed

1 goal 1 assist +1 & 1st Star of the game....oh ya & 2 hits 4 shots and 14:00 min.

Just a BIT better than what U described..... :shock::towel:

Lol. In a preseason game vs mostly AHL'ers and I'm pretty sure his goal was on the power play. Pretty sure that's not going to happen often.

Even in context, his worst move so far was the Kassian trade. I really hope I'm wrong, but Kass has so many unteachable tools. Most of JB's other moves I have agreed with or at least understood. Likely there's something I don't know about the dressing room, but from the outside Kassian looked he got along with everyone.

You even get worked up over preseason?

The Canucks have bigger issues like trying to rebuild.

Do u have short memory problems? I was always talking about PLAYOFFS where he was a huge factor. U are the one who said that wasn't impressive so I just thought I'd point out to U that he can also be a factor in other places too (preason/regular season)

I have told U already that it's ALL ABOUT PLAYOFFS not Regular season stats & that's where he was most effective & that Benning has realized our weaknesses & is correcting that.

U clearly don't like what Benning & Linden are doing but I guarantee you'll be on the bus again when their a contender in the next few years. Sometimes you have to be able to see past th moment...

Do u have short memory problems? I was always talking about PLAYOFFS where he was a huge factor. U are the one who said that wasn't impressive so I just thought I'd point out to U that he can also be a factor in other places too (preason/regular season)

I have told U already that it's ALL ABOUT PLAYOFFS not Regular season stats & that's where he was most effective & that Benning has realized our weaknesses & is correcting that.

U clearly don't like what Benning & Linden are doing but I guarantee you'll be on the bus again when their a contender in the next few years. Sometimes you have to be able to see past th moment...

Ferland has played in 9 NHL games and you are saying he is a playoff player. I think that is a little to premature. He had about 3 good playoff games. He was practically nonexistent during their series against the Ducks.

I'd love to know how you differentiate regular season players from playoff players.

Ferland has played in 9 NHL games and you are saying he is a playoff player. I think that is a little to premature. He had about 3 good playoff games. He was practically nonexistent during their series against the Ducks.

I'd love to know how you differentiate regular season players from playoff players.

This was never about FERKLUND, it was about Benning bringing in & drafting big stronger tougher players that turn their game up when counted on. I mentioned that Benning likes to have a guy or 3 (Dorsett, Prust, etc.) on the team to deal with guys like ferklund.

U made this conversation ALL about ferklund.

I was strictly talking about Benning bringing in guys that perform when the going gets tough.

PS.

Memory check, Quick Crawford, Toews, D.Brown, Kane, W.Mitchell, Messier, C.Lemiuex, etc.

This was never about FERKLUND, it was about Benning bringing in & drafting big stronger tougher players that turn their game up when counted on. I mentioned that Benning likes to have a guy or 3 (Dorsett, Prust, etc.) on the team to deal with guys like ferklund.

U made this conversation ALL about ferklund.

I was strictly talking about Benning bringing in guys that perform when the going gets tough.

PS.

Memory check, Quick Crawford, Toews, D.Brown, Kane, W.Mitchell, Messier, C.Lemiuex, etc.

List of guys Benning brought in:

Dorsett: 0 Goals, 2 Assists, 43 Playoff Games (Worse than regular season performance)

Prust: 2 Goals, 8 Assists, 43 Playoff Games (Worse than regular season performance)

Vrbata: 8 Goals, 10 Assists, 42 Playoff Games (Worse than regular season performance)

Sbisa: 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 20 Playoff Games (Same poor quality as regular season)

Sutter: 8 Goals, 4 Assists, 33 Playoff Games (Better than his average regular season offense)

Baertschi: Unproven (2 playoff games)

Vey: Unproven (1 playoff games)

Bartkowski: Unproven (15 playoff games)

Miller: .915 SV% in 56 playoff games. Not to mention he was brought in at age 34.

But I'm sure all their Stanley cup rings tell the story: Combine 0

But I'm sure they all excel at everything one cannot measure. That seems to be the default position when there is no evidence. They are all tough right? And they make everyone better right? It sounds like you've completely drunk Benning's Kool-Aid. Either that or just some extremely wishful thinking on your part.

We shouldn't even be concerned about the playoffs it will take at least a few year before we can start to become contenders again.

Dorsett: 0 Goals, 2 Assists, 43 Playoff Games (Worse than regular season performance)

Prust: 2 Goals, 8 Assists, 43 Playoff Games (Worse than regular season performance)

Vrbata: 8 Goals, 10 Assists, 42 Playoff Games (Worse than regular season performance)

Sbisa: 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 20 Playoff Games (Same poor quality as regular season)

Sutter: 8 Goals, 4 Assists, 33 Playoff Games (Better than his average regular season offense)

Miller: .915 SV% in 56 playoff games. Not to mention he was brought in at age 34.

But I'm sure they all excel at everything one cannot measure. That seems to be the default position when there is no evidence. They are all tough right? And they make everyone better right? It sounds like you've completely drunk Benning's Kool-Aid. Either that or just some extremely wishful thinking on your part.

We shouldn't even be concerned about the playoffs it will take at least a few year before we can start to become contenders again.

All your above homework doesn't add up.

What has Bonino , Mathias, Kassian, ever done in their playoff careers.??? It's about proper chemistry not just players regular season stats).

Not gonna talk to U about your hatred for JB & TL. anymore. To not give the two 4-5 years AT LEAST before U make judgement shows your lack of knowledge of hockey in general never mind when it comes to a GM"s position.

But on your last note " it will take at least a few year before we can start to become contenders again." , again with your short term memory, I said clearly that we are a few years away from being contenders. Why do U repeat things I already said???

Please give it up before dementia really kicks in for U. :towel:

Peace out bro!

Ferland for the Art Ross clearly.

LOL. another person looking for attention. Read the whole thread. I never said Ferlund was that great, just said that Benning knows we need people in the line-up to deal with these guys when it really counts, "Playoffs".

Guess your Bauerwomens BF...

LOL. another person looking for attention. Read the whole thread. I never said Ferlund was that great, just said that Benning knows we need people in the line-up to deal with these guys when it really counts, "Playoffs".

Guess your Bauerwomens BF...

I'm here to discuss hockey. I'm not here to listen to your sexist personal attacks.

All your above homework doesn't add up.

What has Bonino , Mathias, Kassian, ever done in their playoff careers.??? It's about proper chemistry not just players regular season stats).

Not gonna talk to U about your hatred for JB & TL. anymore. To not give the two 4-5 years AT LEAST before U make judgement shows your lack of knowledge of hockey in general never mind when it comes to a GM"s position.

But on your last note " it will take at least a few year before we can start to become contenders again." , again with your short term memory, I said clearly that we are a few years away from being contenders. Why do U repeat things I already said???

Please give it up before dementia really kicks in for U. :towel:

Peace out bro!

but wait, the Canucks are with their 11th GM and only 4 of the previous 10 lasted more than 3 years.

Technically Nonis was here for four but one was the lockout.

I remember cries of distain when Nonis was fired for not being allowed his 5 years.

my biggest question about Benning is whether he is actually cut out to be a GM?

we believe he is a great scout, maybe that is where he belongs

maybe that is where he is most comfortable

but wait, the Canucks are with their 11th GM and only 4 of the previous 10 lasted more than 3 years.

Technically Nonis was here for four but one was the lockout.

I remember cries of distain when Nonis was fired for not being allowed his 5 years.

my biggest question about Benning is whether he is actually cut out to be a GM?

we believe he is a great scout, maybe that is where he belongs

maybe that is where he is most comfortable

I agree. Being a good scout doesn't necessarily make you a good GM. There is some overlap but being a GM requires a larger and different skill-set.

I agree. Being a good scout doesn't necessarily make you a good GM. There is some overlap but being a GM requires a larger and different skill-set.

Drafting and player development are the most important things this team needs right now..You claim Benning will be fired in 2-3 years,but the landscape is going to look a lot different in 2018...By that time rookies like McCann (he's on a trajectory to be an impact player) ,Boesser,JV should all be NHL regulars.

Why don't you tell us what percentage of players produce as many or more points in the playoffs as they do in the regular season Professor. Would expect this kind of red herring from you though.

Let me spell out a simple truth that even most casual fans realize - playoff hockey is tighter, lower scoring hockey against stiffer competition in general than in the regular season - that little trend you identified would apply to the majority of players' production.

Archived