The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hundreds killed in stampede during hajj pilgrimage

nucklehead

For those who keep saying karma whenever something bad happens to people you feel like deserve it.

You're kind of twisting the real definition of karma.

A buddhist monk has once told me that Karma does not affect your current life, karma affects how your next life will be.

As for those assholes who have money now (Ahem, the hedge fund guy), he's just lucky he did great deeds in his previous life. His next life will probably suckASS.

You reap what you sow.........just not in the near future.

Edit: oops really OT, RIP for those who died.

For those who keep saying karma whenever something bad happens to people you feel like deserve it.

You're kind of twisting the real definition of karma.

A buddhist monk has once told me that Karma does not affect your current life, karma affects how your next life will be.

As for those assholes who have money now (Ahem, the hedge fund guy), he's just lucky he did great deeds in his previous life. His next life will probably suckASS.

You reap what you sow.........just not in the near future.

Edit: oops really OT, RIP for those who died.

Did you tell the buddhist monk that I bet other buddhists have different opinions? That's the great thing about religion.. you can believe whatever you want.

Did you tell the buddhist monk that I bet other buddhists have different opinions? That's the great thing about religion.. you can believe whatever you want.

I went to some religious discussion at school and the Sikh presenter I think? told us that "Karma" is not what people think it is and is rarely used in the proper context by the average person. Such as is the case here. So what is the proper context? I don't have a clue so I never use it. Nor do I care. But yeah, you can make it out to mean whatever the hell you want I guess ... cuz religion.

This is very sad and unacceptable, if these ppl were actaully walked over. Like what the hell, your going to mecca for peace of mind and bliss, so how can you walk over someone? I get concerts, people are rowdy and care-free but in a religious gathering were people are trying to reach the understanding of peace, I find it hard to believe.

This is why I loved what Babe Bhulle Shah says about these rituals.

1) Makeh gaya gal mukde naheen

2) Pawain so so jummay parrh aeey

Going to Makkah is not the ultimate

Even if hundreds of prayers are offered

3) Ganga gaya gal mukde naheen

4) Pawain so so gotey khaeey

Going to River Ganges is not the ultimate

Even if hundreds of cleansing (Baptisms) are done

5) Gaya gaya gal mukde naheen

6) Pawain so so pand parrhaeey

Going to Gaya is not the ultimate

Even if hundreds of worships are done

7) Bulleh Shah gal taeyon mukdee

8 ) Jadon May nu dilon gawaeey

Bulleh Shah the ultimate is

When the “I” is removed from the heart

9) Parrh parrh alam fazal hoya

10) Kadee apnay aap nu parrhaya ye naeen

[He] Read a lot and became a scholar

But [he] never read himself

11) Ja ja warrda mandir maseetey

12) Kadi man apnay which warrya ye naeen

[He] goes enters into the temple & mosque

But [he] never entered into his own heart

13) Aewaien roz shaitan naal larrdaan

14) Kadee nafs apnay naal larrya ye naeen

He fights with the devil every day for nothing

He never wrestled with his own ego

15) Bulleh Shah asmani udeeyan pharrda

16) Jayrra ghar baitha onu pharrya ye naeen

Bulleh Shah he grabs for heavenly flying things

But doesn’t grasp the one who’s sitting at home

http://www.ghkothari.com/2011/12/baba-bulleh-shah.html

Applies to mainstream Christianity as well. Imagine.

^^^ There is nothing in North America that is close to this scale. You could take all the people trampled on black Friday over the last 20 years and it would still be less than this.

Really it's just sad, your link just goes to show how many times this has happened at this same event in the same place. They still haven't figured out how to stop it.

It all goes to show the power their religion has over them. Attendance there is mandatory, at least once as I understand it. Could be prevented in this case by building traffic ways that don't intersect?(just one idea) Or maybe start realizing their is no invisible man in the sky waiting with your imaginary rewards, neither will he smite thee for apostacy

Yet the only time I ever notice you posting on this board is in defense of Islam. Fancy that.

Sounds more like TheFirstLine.. who's defence of Islam and whining about white people mirrors the posts from AllEyezOnMe pretty much to the t. It's really funny how across a certain political spectrum Christian bashing, making fun of people who are Christian, is perfectly okay, but go after Muslims and their religious nuttery, and there's all sorts of creative names to call you.. racist, bigot.. what else?

Sounds more like TheFirstLine.. who's defence of Islam and whining about white people mirrors the posts from AllEyezOnMe pretty much to the t. It's really funny how across a certain political spectrum Christian bashing, making fun of people who are Christian, is perfectly okay, but go after Muslims and their religious nuttery, and there's all sorts of creative names to call you.. racist, bigot.. what else?

Well, it shouldn't be like that.

That makes sense. Seemed familiar but didn't recognize the name.

Also this is basically spot on. Everyone looses their $#!+ when some Christian nuts won't bake a cake for gays, but when you report a similar situation where a Muslim barber won't cut a lesbians hair it's all the sudden religious freedom. Hah. The popular trend though is to be tolerant of the religion of peace. Instead of calling it what it is.

That makes sense. Seemed familiar but didn't recognize the name.

Also this is basically spot on. Everyone looses their $#!+ when some Christian nuts won't bake a cake for gays, but when you report a similar situation where a Muslim barber won't cut a lesbians hair it's all the sudden religious freedom. Hah. The popular trend though is to be tolerant of the religion of peace. Instead of calling it what it is.

Sounds like the gun control issue too. Same group of people.

More paranoid of gun owners protecting themselves than the armed criminals.

Brain cells = overrated.

Funny you talk about Christianity bashing but I don't see more then 1 or 2 threads criticizing it at all. Whereas every thread about Islam or any other religion is opportunity for posters like you to make ignorant comments and take unnecessary shots. Trying to be comical on a thread about 100s of PEOPLE not Muslims but people dieing speaks volumes about you and your character.

Funny you talk about Christianity bashing but I don't see more then 1 or 2 threads criticizing it at all. Whereas every thread about Islam or any other religion is opportunity for posters like you to make ignorant comments and take unnecessary shots. Trying to be comical on a thread about 100s of PEOPLE not Muslims but people dieing speaks volumes about you and your character.

Kinda got ya there bud

Archived