Prust - McCann/Gaunce - Hansen

Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Corrado

Sbisa/Bartkowski - Hutton/Weber

Miller

Markstrom

First call-ups: Kenins/Shinkaruk

I doubt we'd have this many rookies make the team out of the pre-season, but from the games I've been able to watch Gaunce, McCann, and Hutton have impressed the hell out of me. Not to mention they along with Jake would add a solid injection of youth/speed into the team.

I'm sorry if I appear that way to you, but if you considered the abuse I take from some of the folks on "Canack Talk" you might begin to look at it as a case of frustration.

I try to stand up for myself, but no-one ever says anything in my defence... or in defence of the others on this site that get abused...

So yes, I do seem to be childish and immature, but... Emotional Abuse does leave traces you know...

Now... I answered your questions, I hope to your satisfaction, and now I'll leave you with the rest of your Friends.

Take Care

If anything people say to you on an internet hockey forum upsets you enough that you feel emotionally abused then you need to close the tab out of your browser and go outside

It depends on which veterans. If they get a strong offer on any of Higgins, Hansen, Burrows, Hamhuis, Miller and a few others they should at least consider it. However, there isn't a market for vets unless it's really the right fit. We'll see come deadline what is attractive to opposing team.s

Maybe they can try cut Vey earlier an see if he may clear waivers as alot of teams may be too distracted by their own overload of cuts that they need to do.This may just have better than 55% chance of no one picking him up, then this frees up a spot for at least nine games for some of the kids an youth movement.If the team cannot offload a few veterans during the season,this would allow for Vey to maybe get his mojo in the AHL, its a risk I would take there is a diminishing rate of return right now on the asset, that clealy at this time an space is a bust.I have thought since young superstars that Gaunce all along with Virtaanen an perhaps Mccann could push the team for spots an outside shots by Jenson,Cassel an Shink .I am drooling at the skill set on offense by the young trio ,I have to say we have some good problems right now.Perhaps its a pipedream but is a good one infusing youth, speed an skill into the line up now, rather than later.You may have eat a few contracts or deals but go now .The western conference is gonna be a wicked conference to make play offs this year alot of good bubble teams are gonna miss by three or less points this yr. play an maximize youth an skill at outset of first nine games grab as many points as possible then reasign a few of the young players until some trades could take out a few veterans an free up space .

yes but the least Benning can do is atleast back his words up.

Gaunce, McCann, Virtanen and Hutton have all outplayed vets.....therefore some vets need shipping out.

Exactly....he put the mandate up on the wall, he has to abide by it. If the season starts and Vey is in the lineup ahead of, say, Gaunce, he's screwing the deserving kids over. The kids are the future, the brass has to do right by them.

I'd really like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

Gaunce/McCann - Sutter - Virtanen

Prust - McCann/Gaunce - Hansen

Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Corrado

Sbisa/Bartkowski - Hutton/Weber

Miller

Markstrom

First call-ups: Kenins/Shinkaruk

I doubt we'd have this many rookies make the team out of the pre-season, but from the games I've been able to watch Gaunce, McCann, and Hutton have impressed the hell out of me. Not to mention they along with Jake would add a solid injection of youth/speed into the team.

I 2nd this notion.

Exactly....he put the mandate up on the wall, he has to abide by it. If the season starts and Vey is in the lineup ahead of, say, Gaunce, he's screwing the deserving kids over. The kids are the future, the brass has to do right by them.

I would honestly be shocked if anyone outside Jake and Gaunce nake it. I think Hutton and McCann look darn close too ready.

I see the following:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Sutter Vrbata

Gaunce Horvat Hansen

Prust McCann Dorsett

Virtanen

Vey

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Weber

Sbisa Bartowski

Corrado

Kenins and Grenier will be sent down as they are not waiver eligible. When Higgins returns from injury, they'll determine whether Gaunce should stay up or not. Gaunce will likely switch out with Kenins as 13th forward.

McCann will get a look at 4C over Vey. If he struggles then Vey will take over. McCann will likely get 9+ games and hopefully a spot at WJC then back to juniors. If very struggles, there's always Cracknell and Jones.

Hutton will be sent down. He'll likely be second or third call up after Biega and possibly Fedun. Corrado will duke it out with Bartowski for 6.

I foresee Horvat and Sutter alternating. They play similarly but Horvat seems to have better offensive IQ.

Here's hoping that Gaunce and McCann are able to stick around, forcing a Higgins and Vey trade. Also hoping Baertschi can flourish in a top 6 role.

yes but the least Benning can do is atleast back his words up.

Gaunce, McCann, Virtanen and Hutton have all outplayed vets.....therefore some vets need shipping out

I totally agree that we are seeing a strong push from the players you have listed for spots on the team. You can never tell how quickly a young player will develop.

Benning is not just going to discard assets on the waiver wire though. McCann for example looks much better than Vey and you can't even tell he's 10 lbs lighter.

Gaunce and Hutton can go up and down between Utica and Van with ease. McCann and Virtanen are either with Van or with their junior teams. They are more likely to be spare forwards if not on the team then. Kenins will also have a place.

If these guys are ready, then over the season, room will be made. I'm thinking in terms of moving free agents to be at the trade deadline. Vrbata, Prust, Weber, Hamhuis.

Clearly you can't just dump players on the market and expect anything close to reasonable value in return.

I hope next year looks like this

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Lucic-Horvat-Boesser

Gaunce-McCann-Sutter

Cassels-A.Mathews-Grenier

Edler-Tanev

Bartkowski-Stud UFA D

Pedan-Corrado

Subban

Gone. Higgins,Hansen,Burrows,Jensen,Vey,Baerschi,Hamhuis, Weber

Boesser is in college likely wont be out of eligable for another 2 years

McCann, Virtanen, and Hutton have REALLY impressed me. Gaunce as well, but not so much as the other three for some reason. Feel that McCann and Virtanen definitely deserve a shot at making the team, as well as Hutton if his stellar play continues. All exciting players with good puck sense and skill.

:)

If anything people say to you on an internet hockey forum upsets you enough that you feel emotionally abused then you need to close the tab out of your browser and go outside

Thanks Mate... you might be on to something... perhaps emotional abuse is too strong of a term...

How about we call it what it is...

A stick to the throat that puts me out long-term...

While the fans laugh at the replay.

Stay Cool

Archived