The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Hunter x Hunter (MAFIA WIN)

Baka

Hunters vs Chimera Ants

hunter_x_hunter__5_ending__yuzu___hyouri

About Hunters and Ants

tumblr_n20c9pn19Y1rdspclo1_500.gif

Hunters are often people who have an ability to use Nen which is an ability to manipulate ones life energy to achieve inhumane like feats. The most simplest explanation of Nen is in the video below but for the lazy think of it like a more complicated and ranged version of energy in Dragonball Z. Disclaimer: Understanding Nen isn't meant to have any relevance to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1iEkXt4HY

tumblr_mvt4k9PVhR1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

In this series the World (unknown to most people) does not exist in simple space but as part of a larger world as nothing more than a small area in a lake of an area known as the Dark Continent. From this continent came the Chimera Ants an invasive species that ate just about every living thing with a specific desire to eat humans. In doing so though they evolved to gain traits along the lines of what they fed the queen. With ease they started taking control of what they wanted and using humans as nothing more than livestock and play things.

So stop them or something. Oh yeah and the main plot is about a young boy named Gon Freecss trying to find his father but that's none of our business.

Notes

- Nightfall: 9pm Pacific/12am Eastern. This is when all actions and votes are final. I will attempt to post the nightfall within half an hour of each closing.

- Private messaging is allowed.

- You may vote and change your vote as much as you desire unless 3 players or less remain alive in which case all votes will be final.

- This is my first game hosting and in general I have only played so many games so if I am effing something up bring it to my attention. Also feel free to ask for clarification on things I will answer if I can.

- Character names will be used in the Nightfall. When killed alliance will be revealed but not role.

- This is not a vanilla game if you didn't notice.

- Shut up I like anime.

- Dez nuts.

The Kill Order:

1) Lynch
2) Twinblade
3) Serial Killer
4) Mafia
5) Vigilante

6) Bomber

*God kills and other Judgement kills will trigger before the order but not be announced until nightfall*

Roles

*means that role has a hidden ability not even they know or they know more than I released in this main post about their ability.

Hunters

Vigilante - The Vigilante can kill one person each night. By the end of every round, the Vigilante must send one name to the GM, and the player named will be killed during the night.

Doctor - The Doctor can choose one player to "save" during each night. If the Mafia try to kill that player, their kill will not go through – he or she will be saved by the Doctor. The Doctor's save only applies to one kill attempt per target per round - if, for example, both the Mafia and Serial Killer target the Doctor-protected player, the first attempt will be "saved" but the second will successfully eliminate the targeted player. The Doctor may only self save once in this game and may not save another player on back to back nights.

Twinblade - The Twinblade has a one-time ability to suicide-kill another player. Therefore, they will die as well in their attempt.

Watcher - The Watcher chooses one player to "Watch" during the night. If any action is performed on the watched player (i.e. Mafia kill, Vig/SK kill, Doc save) the Watcher will be informed who targeted the player, although not what action was taken. If multiple actions were performed, the Watcher will usually only learn of the first one. The Watcher may watch him/herself.

Tracker - The Tracker chooses one player to "Track" during the night. If that player performs any action, the Tracker will be informed who was targeted, although not what action was taken. If multiple actions were performed, the Tracker will usually only learn of the first one undertaken.

Role-blocker - The Role-blocker can target one player per night and place a nen curse on them. Nothing will happen that nightfall but if that player is still cursed come the next nightfall they will lose all role abilities. The role-blocker can remove this curse before it strips the victim of their abilities if they choose. (Example: If a player is cursed on Nightfall 1 they will lose their abilities for Day 2 and Nightfall 2.)

Jailer - May take one player to jail per round. The jailed player will not be able to use their role ability while jailed and will not be immune to night attacks. The jailer will be allowed to execute one jailed victim in the game but must choose to execute, release, or rejail the jailed player come the next nightfall.

Veteran - Can choose to go on watch on two separate nights. While on watch, the Veteran will kill any player who visits them. The Veteran can not be role blocked and can be killed while on watch via lynch or another scenario.

Chimera Ants

Commander - Hidden inactive ability.

Nurse - The Nurse can choose one player to "save" during each night. If the Mafia try to kill that player, their kill will not go through – he or she will be saved by the Doctor. The Doctor's save only applies to one kill attempt per target per round - if, for example, both the Mafia and Serial Killer target the Doctor-protected player, the first attempt will be "saved" but the second will successfully eliminate the targeted player. The Nurse may not self save in this game and may not save another player on back to back nights.

Watcher - The Watcher chooses one player to "Watch" during the night. If any action is performed on the watched player (i.e. Mafia kill, Vig/SK kill, Doc save) the Watcher will be informed who targeted the player, although not what action was taken. If multiple actions were performed, the Watcher will usually only learn of the first one. The Watcher may watch themselves.

Role-blocker - (Will start with the Mafia and can submit kills) The Roleblocker can target one player per night and prevent that player from taking any action of their own.

Kingpin - The Kingpin cannot submit kills even if the last Mafia member.

Third Party

Serial Killer - The Serial Killer gets one kill a night. He or she does not win with either Town or Mafia – only if he or she is the last one standing. Sometimes the Serial Killer faction will feature more than one player.

Bomber - Similar to the Serial Killer they can only win if they are the last faction standing. Only one bomb can be placed per day and bombs can be activated at any time. Bombs can be placed on another player in public chat or in private messages but requires direct contact to place the bomb and to activate it. I will only confirm a bomb on a player once it has been activated. Bombs will not kill night immune players.

Rules

1) Rounds end at a specified time, usually during late evening PST; the exact time will vary depending on the GM. The GM will update as quickly as possible; please be patient if there is a delay.

2) Once you've been killed off, please do not interfere with the game. Don't post during in-game discussions or loan your opinion to players, not even privately. The only comments you make should be completely off-topic and in no danger of influencing the game in any manner. Do not even up-vote posts relating to the game. Please also stay honest when conducting private correspondence.

3) Please stay active. If you sign up, that means you want to play. If you do not vote at least once every two rounds, you will be killed off for inactivity.

4) Screenshots of any communication (especially with the GM) are not allowed. It is also against the rules to copy/paste any message from the GM. Do not invite the GM into any private conversations, unless to prove rule-breaking. Faked screenshots/messages are subject to this rule as well, at the discretion of the GM.

5) If you are lynched, you are allowed "last words." You can say whatever you like at this time. However, anyone who is killed by any other means does not get last words.

6) Please avoid editing your posts, in order to prevent changing or removing information in old posts. Some GMs may grant leeway if the edit is made within the first 10 minutes after posting; after 10 minutes, there may be punishment. Other GMs allow zero editing.

7) Do not bring outside factors into the game. Making bets, offering real-life rewards, or claiming to ban yourself from future games to prove your innocence will not be tolerated. You're all clever enough to come up with better defenses than that.

8) All rules are subject to staying within the "spirit of the rules" as well. Just because there may be a loophole in the rule's wording does not mean the rule can be averted. The GM of the game will have final say on what constitutes rule breakage.

9) The word of the GM is final. If you disagree with a decision, feel free to say so (privately), but understand that the ongoing game will likely not be altered. And please remain civil if you do have a complaint – remember that the GMs are devoting their own time to running this game for you.

10) Remember, this is just a game! If things start getting heated or personal between players, take a breath and a step back. Just have fun, and don't take it too hard if you get duped during the game!

Host Sign Up Queue

JohnLocke - Hobbes Vs Locke Vs Rousseau?
GFY - Surrey Vs North Van?
Kryten - Republican Party
MR - Jack the Ripper
Dral - Weed Vs. Alcohol?
Jazz - Jizz Vs Jazz?
Virtanen - DBZ
ol'Muldy - Sex Files Vs Pedo Files?
Zfetch - To Feltch or not to Feltch (Hamlet Style)?
Time Lord - Tardis Vs. ReTardis (How to use a Time Machine to Spy on Naked Ladies)?
Aladeen - Star Wars pt I
Aladeen - Star Wars pt II
BOH - Mortal Kombat

Signups: Don't care if you hate anime or never saw the show just sign up mang.

1. BOH
2. TheRussianRocket.
3. Jazz
4. Fwybwed
5. Dral
6. Intoewsables
7. Horvat
8. g_bassi13
9. Time Lord
10. JohnLocke
11. Fox Mulder
12. Zfetch
13. MikeyBoy44
14. Alchemy Time
15. Virtanen87
16. HashtagNucks
17. 112

Signups: Don't care if you hate anime or never saw the show just sign up mang.

1. BOH

2. TheRussianRocket.

3. Jazz

4. Fwybwed

5. Dral

6. Intoewsables

7. Horvat

8. g_bassi13

9. Time Lord

10. JohnLocke

11. Fox Mulder

12. Zfetch

Q

N

+

Aa

%$

This needs to be the default sign up for every game from now on.

He's not visiting me....

Seriously tho... what domination of Christianity are you ? Not Catholic....

I don't have one, actually. I was raised Presbyterian, and I go to an apostolic church now, but I really don't align myself with any one denomination. I don't appreciate labelling myself on something trivial.

I don't have one, actually. I was raised Presbyterian, and I go to an apostolic church now, but I really don't align myself with any one denomination. I don't appreciate labelling myself on something trivial.

Hehe gotta love the reformation... and gotta hate labeling.... so I guess then my next question has to be - how much love do you really have towards the Pope...

Hehe gotta love the reformation... and gotta hate labeling.... so I guess then my next question has to be - how much love do you really have towards the Pope...

I don't honestly get Catholicism, as their theology goes against the bible in a few cases, but if the pope gets the people closer to Jesus and how Jesus acts/acted, then he's über cool in my books.

Archived