The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prospects pushing vets

captaincowbasher

It's unbelievable how many people want to go edmonton mode just from watching the pre-season. I'd like you guys to take a look out East at Toronto, who have had pre-seasons where they were undefeated and ended up not making the playoffs...Calm down, take some ritalin, and just enjoy a sneak peek at some of the prospects, their time will come eventually.

It's unbelievable how many people want to go edmonton mode just from watching the pre-season. I'd like you guys to take a look out East at Toronto, who have had pre-seasons where they were undefeated and ended up not making the playoffs...Calm down, take some ritalin, and just enjoy a sneak peek at some of the prospects, their time will come eventually.

Its unbelievable how many people want to stay the course with a bunch of vets who have really proven nothing when everything matters, rather than moving on, taking some rough patches and letting the young guys learn with experience. Not every team that injects youth is going to be on the "Edmonton" path. I would rather watch our young guys learn and entertain us, rather than another possible year of maybe just making the playoffs, getting bounced and dropping further for draft day. Face reality, the 2011 leftovers are finished, expired. Just counting the day until our team is Swede free

I think we should be allowing the youth that has the skill to make the team to actually be able to do it... No?

I was flamed in the summer for saying one of higgy or Hanson should be moved to make room for prospects

Its unbelievable how many people want to stay the course with a bunch of vets who have really proven nothing when everything matters, rather than moving on, taking some rough patches and letting the young guys learn with experience. Not every team that injects youth is going to be on the "Edmonton" path. I would rather watch our young guys learn and entertain us, rather than another possible year of maybe just making the playoffs, getting bounced and dropping further for draft day. Face reality, the 2011 leftovers are finished, expired. Just counting the day until our team is Swede free

Yeah Swedes that took this franchise to soaring heights

Higgy is probably the best PKer on this team besides Burrows. Who are you gonna replace him with? Stats show he was an elite PKer last season. We already lost Matthias, who was important as well, AND Richardson.

Gaunce? Is he going to put up elite PK numbers in his rookie season? Doubt it.

EDIT: Higgy/Matthias were so good on the PK because they're amazing at blocking passing lanes. There's a reason we were #1 in PK for like the entire year last year.. Higgy was a BIG part of that.

Does moving 2 vets = Edmonton mode?

Higgins and Hansen are replaceable whether it's this year or next. I doubt they are both here mid season 2016-2017

Archived