The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looks like Markstrom is

Trancer

NHL ready. You can see he is tracking the puck very good. Hes squared to the puck and absorbs the puck. Also his laterall movement seems to be improving as well. If Markstrom keeps playing the way he has so far he could be forcing lot of pressure on Miller. Do you think Miller is in trouble because of Markstrom becoming a strong option for number 1 goaltender?

Inb4 you get ripped apart for the title.

I think Marky needs to prove himself through the season to show he is capable of being a No1 tender. Love the way this guy has played this preseason though, I think we have something in him if he continues to play and develop like this.

Markstrom's been excellent this preseason and he had a hell of a run backstopping Utica before they fell in the final, but he's got a lot to prove before he's going to be able to displace a goalie like Miller. There are those who will say this and that about Miller and his play but he's the only legitimate number one we've got in the organization right now and it'll likely take Markstrom a while to prove otherwise.

I don't think Miller's in trouble, not this season anyway. We'll live or die with him backstopping us unless he's seriously injured and Markstrom's just going to have to make the most of what he gets and do his best to progress as much as possible.

Markstrom looks good... he's bigger and more solid than Lack.

Miller is basically a $6M human shield against media scrutiny. Maybe it was better that Lack moved on because I could see the fans slowly turning on him like how WWE fans turned on John Cena once it was revealed he had limited ability.

Lack was moved to make room for him. Management see him as the goalie of the future - his job is to displace Miller, don't see it happening this year - but you never know. If he does our season (and future) is looking very, very good.

If CDC was GM, Miller would be in Utica

Miller is basically a $6M human shield against media scrutiny. Maybe it was better that Lack moved on because I could see the fans slowly turning on him like how WWE fans turned on John Cena once it was revealed he had limited ability.

Did someone say John Cena?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY&app=desktop

There was a time when he was hailed the next generational goaltender. If you are to look at all of our developing players, Markstrom probably has the highest ceiling. He is the only prospect we have that has had that consensus superstar hype.

NHL ready. You can see he is tracking the puck very good. Hes squared to the puck and absorbs the puck. Also his laterall movement seems to be improving as well. If Markstrom keeps playing the way he has so far he could be forcing lot of pressure on Miller. Do you think Miller is in trouble because of Markstrom becoming a strong option for number 1 goaltender?

For sure, Miller is definitely on the down swing. Markstrom has been considered a top prospect for quite a long time, seems he's now putting it all together. Markstrom's looked very solid and there's potential for him to be that much better. While in regards to Miller, he's an aging average goalie who's best years are behind him.

Markstrom's been excellent this preseason and he had a hell of a run backstopping Utica before they fell in the final, but he's got a lot to prove before he's going to be able to displace a goalie like Miller. There are those who will say this and that about Miller and his play but he's the only legitimate number one we've got in the organization right now and it'll likely take Markstrom a while to prove otherwise.

I don't think Miller's in trouble, not this season anyway. We'll live or die with him backstopping us unless he's seriously injured and Markstrom's just going to have to make the most of what he gets and do his best to progress as much as possible.

Why live and die? If Markstrom is significantly out playing him, hopefully the coaching staff is component enough to see it and run with the better goalie.

Great reference.

Archived