The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looks like Markstrom is

Trancer

Listen some of Gillis' and Bennings deals looked shaky at the time but

Markstrom for Luongo(We retain 800K) ( forget the other fine pieces of the Trade )

Well if Markstrom plays well this year as the back up and gets 50/50 split with Miller next season and plays well. The trade doesn't look bad if Marky becomes our number #1 for 5-7 years then the trade doesn't look bad at all.

McCann Sbisa for Kesler

We all know Sbisa sucks but if he figures things out and McCann becomes our #1 centre for 5-8 seasons. The trade is a great one for the Canucks

From experience we have learned that to be successful in the NHL a team needs 2 quality goalies. The timing of the continued development of Markstrom and the length of Miller's contract looks like a good overlap of talent. Three years from now Markstrom should be well positioned to take over as the first string goalie, plus we should have another quality backup in place.

There was a time when he was hailed the next generational goaltender. If you are to look at all of our developing players, Markstrom probably has the highest ceiling. He is the only prospect we have that has had that consensus superstar hype.

Agree about his ceiling being the highest of our prospects. Whether it's superstar-level is something we find out this year: if so there will be some strong signs. Last year he got both his technique and his head together. This year we find out what that adds up to. Superstar is optimistic but definitely possible.

Markstrom has looked good in preseason. Great. But let's see how he looks against a regular NHL lineup first before any talk of 'Miller is in trouble'. And how about letting Markstrom go through THE PROCESS of gaining experience as a backup at the NHL level before handing him the starting job?

Yeah, this is Arizona guys. Let's not get too excited over one game... He looked solid, but let's save our judgement after a few more games.z

Markstrom has looked good in preseason. Great. But let's see how he looks against a regular NHL lineup first before any talk of 'Miller is in trouble'. And how about letting Markstrom go through THE PROCESS of gaining experience as a backup at the NHL level before handing him the starting job?

Marks has a high ceiling and that's why we traded lack, miller is a great choice as a vet to train and show him the ropes. I'm not sure why people are trying to turn this into more then it is, miller is the teacher marks is the student. We are much better off with that combination then two students with no vet, name me great goalies that's weren't mentored be other capable tenders??? No reason to toss miller under the bus because marks is doing well.

Inb4 you get ripped apart for the title.

I think Marky needs to prove himself through the season to show he is capable of being a No1 tender. Love the way this guy has played this preseason though, I think we have something in him if he continues to play and develop like this.

Just one post too late unfortunately

NHL ready. You can see he is tracking the puck very good. Hes squared to the puck and absorbs the puck. Also his laterall movement seems to be improving as well. If Markstrom keeps playing the way he has so far he could be forcing lot of pressure on Miller. Do you think Miller is in trouble because of Markstrom becoming a strong option for number 1 goaltender?

Oh God, I hope so.

There was a time when he was hailed the next generational goaltender. If you are to look at all of our developing players, Markstrom probably has the highest ceiling. He is the only prospect we have that has had that consensus superstar hype.

buttttttttt what aboutt Demko!!! Lol :D I ovve me Demko!!!

He looks ready for now, but let's not forget that this it the pre-season and this game in particular was against one of the worst teams in the league.

They weren't the worst team on the ice last night for the first two periods. Markstrom made some quality stops and kept the Nucks in it. That's what you ask of a no. 1. Can he do it consistently in the grind, we'll see

Looks like Markstrom is... maybe, just maybe, showing potential glimpses of becoming Ben Bishop?

He's looked solid so far, but agreed that we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves. I'd rather wait and see if he could post Schneider-like numbers or even win against good teams before agreeing that he'll become a #1 in the league.

Marks has a high ceiling and that's why we traded lack, miller is a great choice as a vet to train and show him the ropes. I'm not sure why people are trying to turn this into more then it is, miller is the teacher marks is the student. We are much better off with that combination then two students with no vet, name me great goalies that's weren't mentored be other capable tenders??? No reason to toss miller under the bus because marks is doing well.

Amazing goalies have no vet teacher

Roy

Broduer

Hasak

Luongo

Lunquist

Above average goalies do need vet teachers

Price

Halak

Fluery

Mason

Ward

And so on

First category took over in first year

Second took over and either have slumped greatly or have lost starting job / taken longer to get back to elite

Markstrom id definitely in the second billing

Archived