The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday, Oct. 5, 2015 1-Zone bus fare anywhere-does it help you save some money?

kurtzfan

it's going to take them until 2017 to decide to copy TFL in London and do one zone bus fares at $3 and distance based on the train... lol

Hopefully they're smart enough to implement the daily caps which would equal a daypass using compass.

Well the trip planner doesn't help....

If I put in bus to skytrain it seems to think that I have to pay even MORE than I do know because of the fun I have from being just over the zone boundary in Coquitlam and the duel zone nature of Braid station.....

It's kind of funny. Translink and the planning community as a whole abhore the idea of putting park and rides near the skytrain, preferring we all take a bus there.

Then not only do they make the buses pathetic and not oriented towards getting to skytrain (in Coquitlam they are STILL oddly all routed via the library on the top of the hill) but they make the fare system convoluted. You would think their own website would have it correct.....

And people wonder why translink lost the vote.....

it's going to take them until 2017 to decide to copy TFL in London and do one zone bus fares at $3 and distance based on the train... lol

Hopefully they're smart enough to implement the daily caps which would equal a daypass using compass.

I'd reckon a similar system could be Melbourne's tram and train system. Comparable sized cities (Melbourne being smaller). A base fare of 3.85 for 2 hours of travel anywhere in Melbourne. They just recently started implementation of a free tram zone in the cbd to help alleviate the complaints of high cost short trips. It works quite well. Though both systems aren't perfect.

Archived