The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa being a boss.

I don't have too many favorites but I always liked Kevin Bieksa.

The heart is sad...but the head says better in a Ducks jersey than a Canucks jersey. For Bieksa's sake, I hope he re-discovers his game in Anaheim. During the Canucks' cup run, Bieksa was a beauty.

Yup he deserves success and it was good for his sake that he didnt end his career in the cluster&^@# that will be happening here.

I guess you never watched the game when Luongo returned.

Luongo was cheered after every single save he made on a Canuck player. This included shots taken by the Sedins, Burrows and other players.\

I remember Dorsett and Richardson mentioning how miffed they were at hearing a home crowd cheer for an opposing goaltender. They had never heard that before. Only in Vancouver.

I thought the tribute to Luongo was really well done, and have always admired the guy as an athlete. But any fan that cheered for Luongo the panther making saves on their own team, really needed their head examined.

Bieksa deserves a standing ovation and a tribute video for the years he put in here. He is a true original and deserves that acknowledgement.

Once the games on though, he is a Duck and cheering him after a hit on Henrik or Burrows would be pathetic on the fan base.

I watched it. It made us look classy and welcomed our best goal tender we ever had back letting him know we appreciate everything he did. The way he got ran out of town by media and some fans was disgusting.. Are we not aloud to cheer for most likely every canucks fan favourite goalie?

I get it. He fought someone and you somehow found a way to comment about Lucic. One trick, pony. Try learning another.

I just hope that when the Ducks come to Vancouver, this fanbase doesn't embarrass itself again by cheering for the returning player every time he touches the puck. Luongo's return was a true low point for this fan base last year.

Once a player leaves, through whatever occurrence, they are no longer a Canuck. I'll stick to cheering for the players in this jersey. And even if that player is Linden Vey, I'll cheer for him.

I agree, once they are no longer a Canuck, no more cheering them - but unlike some peeps, I don't hate on them neither.

Actually, that's more of the problem with this fan base, peeps tend to hate on our players.

One think to be critical, another to be no different than a hater that cheers for another team - like a Flamez fan.

I watched it. It made us look classy and welcomed our best goal tender we ever had back letting him know we appreciate everything he did. The way he got ran out of town by media and some fans was disgusting.. Are we not aloud to cheer for most likely every canucks fan favourite goalie?

Right over your head. No surprise.

Read carefully now.

Luongo was a great goalie for Vancouver.

He endured a lot here, especially from the fans.

He returned to Vancouver and was given a hero's welcome and touching video tribute.

Those things made sense and were, as you said, classy.

You fail to address (again, no surprise) the fact that the fans cheered for him the entire game. Every save. Essentially the Canucks were treated like the visitors in their own building, by the bipolar fan base.

Was that classy?

I agree, once they are no longer a Canuck, no more cheering them - but unlike some peeps, I don't hate on them neither.

Actually, that's more of the problem with this fan base, peeps tend to hate on our players.

One think to be critical, another to be no different than a hater that cheers for another team - like a Flamez fan.

What Bieksa, Luongo, and even Kesler did for this team during their time here was really something else. They played with amazing skill and heart, and stuck it out for a long time. I respect those players, even though Kesler did kind of pull a dick move (although he had an NTC, can't really blame him).

Once they don another jersey (Team Canada aside), I ain't cheering for them. They aren't Canucks. End of story.

Right over your head. No surprise.

Read carefully now.

Luongo was a great goalie for Vancouver.

He endured a lot here, especially from the fans.

He returned to Vancouver and was given a hero's welcome and touching video tribute.

Those things made sense and were, as you said, classy.

You fail to address (again, no surprise) the fact that the fans cheered for him the entire game. Every save. Essentially the Canucks were treated like the visitors in their own building, by the bipolar fan base.

Was that classy?

All they did was Luu everytime he saved the puck.. it wasn't that bad. We boo Kesler tho :D as we should with his 2 team list bullshiiet. I think Bieksa will get lots of love his first game back but i dont think it will last through out the season. I agree when its game time all that love should go out the window and its all about destroying em in everyway possible. Only Ex canuck i got a soft spot for is Lu.

All they did was Luu everytime he saved the puck.. it wasn't that bad. We boo Kesler tho :D as we should with his 2 team list bullshiiet. I think Bieksa will get lots of love his first game back but i dont think it will last through out the season. I agree when its game time all that love should go out the window and its all about destroying em in everyway possible. Only Ex canuck i got a soft spot for is Lu.

and what did Luongo do?

he limited the Canucks to just 1 team this is the crap from this fanbase i can't stand you boo Kesler for handcuffing the team yet you cheer for Luongo when he clearly handcuffed the team even worse than Kesler

and what did Luongo do?

he limited the Canucks to just 1 team this is the crap from this fanbase i can't stand you boo Kesler for handcuffing the team yet you cheer for Luongo when he clearly handcuffed the team even worse than Kesler

Both had NTC's and both used them.

My hate for Kes came from that dirty elbow to Dorsett.

Vancouver has a bipolar fanbase, which stems from alternating between bridesmaids and ugly ducklings.

Luongo, Kesler, and Bieksa were essential players in the Canucks most recent ascension to greatness. Kesler and Bieksa also being long term Canucks who did their time in the system and sacrificed a huge amount for the team.

I respect what they have done for the team, but they are no longer Canucks. Merely large predatory cats and round beaked waterfowl.

One man's "cheap shot" is another man's "standing up for his teammates". Personally, I covet anyone who does so, especially when the teammate is one of the best players in the game and is being picked on by a 4th line goon.

picked on by a 4th line goon ? Perry started the whole thing by slashing Clifford and then did it again followed by a cross check. If Perry wants to use his stick like that against a player, then he should stand up for himself as well.

I understand what Bieksa was doing though... new to the team, brought in for leadership and toughness and you see one of your best players in a scuffle with there tough guy.

picked on by a 4th line goon ? Perry started the whole thing by slashing Clifford and then did it again followed by a cross check. If Perry wants to use his stick like that against a player, then he should stand up for himself as well.

I understand what Bieksa was doing though... new to the team, brought in for leadership and toughness and you see one of your best players in a scuffle with there tough guy.

This is Perry though. He's as gutless as a zombie's lunch.

and what did Luongo do?

To be fair, Luongo gained way more hate than Kesler by this fanbase

If he was willing to be a better player he might still be here.

He was willing to. He did a lot of work on his game over the years.

Sure, he stumbled a bit in the recent past..happens. These aren't machines, they're men. I don't believe for a second that there was an unwillingness of any sort. Just not who he was.

I get it. He fought someone and you somehow found a way to comment about Lucic. One trick, pony. Try learning another.

I just hope that when the Ducks come to Vancouver, this fanbase doesn't embarrass itself again by cheering for the returning player every time he touches the puck. Luongo's return was a true low point for this fan base last year.

Once a player leaves, through whatever occurrence, they are no longer a Canuck. I'll stick to cheering for the players in this jersey. And even if that player is Linden Vey, I'll cheer for him.

There is nothing wrong with supporting and cheering for players that gave their best years, and heart and soul, to this city and team. Just because they have moved on, for whatever reason that may be, doesnt lessen what they did for us, this team and this city.

The fact that you think giving recongition to players that did those aforementioned things is embarrassing or "a true low point" is pretty gross tbh

Archived