The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa being a boss.

If he was willing to be a better player he might still be here.

He was willing to. He did a lot of work on his game over the years.

Sure, he stumbled a bit in the recent past..happens. These aren't machines, they're men. I don't believe for a second that there was an unwillingness of any sort. Just not who he was.

Fans sometimes (often) blur the line between a player playing poorly and a player not putting in effort. As if effort alone is enough to be elite night in and night out. Players have off games, weeks, months and seasons. Or sometimes they just lose a step. It's not always cause their heart isnt in it anymore.

Fans sometimes (often) blur the line between a player playing poorly and a player not putting in effort. As if effort alone is enough to be elite night in and night out. Players have off games, weeks, months and seasons. Or sometimes they just lose a step. It's not always cause their heart isnt in it anymore.

Belief in being able to win every game can go a long ways in a players motivation and confidence. He has that again in Anaheim.

Kesler will pass the cup to Bieksa to finish this season.

I've seen the future, had a feeling years prior that juice would end up with the Ducks.

Man do I miss him, off ice, and on. Never had to worry about our guys getting messed with when Juice was around

Nah he's gonna score an own goal in OT of game 6 of Western Conference Finals against the canucks.

This time a slapshot from the point hits the cross bar, shoots up into the air and rebounds off the glass infront of the net where it then ricochets off Juice's head into his own net.

picked on by a 4th line goon ? Perry started the whole thing by slashing Clifford and then did it again followed by a cross check. If Perry wants to use his stick like that against a player, then he should stand up for himself as well.

I understand what Bieksa was doing though... new to the team, brought in for leadership and toughness and you see one of your best players in a scuffle with there tough guy.

Doesn't matter what started it. Bieksa saw what he saw and did what good teammates do.

And no, Perry should not have stood up for himself. He's far too good a player to be taken off the ice for 5 minutes by a scrub like Kyle Clifford. Is he a prick? Yes. But he's a Hart Trophy winning prick. You don't want those guys fighting, whether they asked for it or not.

There is nothing wrong with supporting and cheering for players that gave their best years, and heart and soul, to this city and team. Just because they have moved on, for whatever reason that may be, doesnt lessen what they did for us, this team and this city.

The fact that you think giving recongition to players that did those aforementioned things is embarrassing or "a true low point" is pretty gross tbh

The fact that this is your response shows how little you comprehend through reading. I'd pry open your eyes and phonetically spell it out for you, but I'm sure that the message would still evade you.

Here's an excerpt from a previous post I made that you obviously missed.

" Luongo, Kesler, and Bieksa were essential players in the Canucks most recent ascension to greatness. Kesler and Bieksa also being long term Canucks who did their time in the system and sacrificed a huge amount for the team.

I respect what they have done for the team, but they are no longer Canucks. Merely large predatory cats and round beaked waterfowl."

Hopefully it should be a bit clearer to you and your easily offended sensibilities that I have nothing but admiration and respect for Bieksa.

He was a vital and important player for the Canucks when he was here. Is that clear?

I'm sure the Canucks will do right by him and create a great tribute to him and his decade (and then some) of time with the team. Still with me?

But, he was traded, and accepted said trade to Anaheim, where he will have a legitimate shot at the Stanley Cup. What that means is that he is no longer a member of the Canucks.

As a fan of the Canucks, I feel it best to cheer for the member of the team versus players who have left and joined different teams. Just like Bieksa.

So when Bieksa comes to Vancouver, I'll be on my feet for his tribute video and salute what he did as a leader and defenceman for the team. Once the puck drops though, he is the opposition and will remain that way until his contract is up.

Don't you think that wearing a Canucks jersey at Roger's Arena and cheering for a Duck's defenseman scoring a goal on a Canucks goaltender or levelling a Canucks forward with a hit would be a pathetic way to show my support for the team?

Reading your post, I'm convinced that you may not have a clue though.

Doesn't matter what started it. Bieksa saw what he saw and did what good teammates do.

And no, Perry should not have stood up for himself. He's far too good a player to be taken off the ice for 5 minutes by a scrub like Kyle Clifford. Is he a prick? Yes. But he's a Hart Trophy winning prick. You don't want those guys fighting, whether they asked for it or not.

I have no problem with Bieksa jumping in. It was the right thing to do regardless of who started it from his position .

If Perry doesnt want to stick up for himself then he shouldnt be starting stick work and cheap shot players. Clifford had every right to go back and get into Perry's face regardless of what line he plays on. Its not gonna take too many punches to face with players like Perry for him to smarten up and not start stick work with opposing players

I dont think people realize how much this team will miss his heart and leadership .. gonna be a loooong season .. Im cool with that though . Its gonna be an adventure .

Just a chance for new leadership to emerge.

I've seen alot of young players with heart so far this preseason. I'm ready to look toward the future.

AND as predicted.

Fights an actual fighter and comes up on the losing end.

Not only that, he jumps Clifford too and starts throwing before Clifford even has his gloves off.

Classic Bieksa, so happy he is gone.

I thought he held his own and Clifford is cheap too so he deserves anything he gets.

lol at people saying he kept the other team in check when he played for us.

Ummmm he did nothing when Ferland was running about abusing our guys in the playoffs.

I was not unhappy to see Bieksa traded.

That aside, he is doing his job in Anaheim, bringing an edge to that team.

As to whether he won the fight or not... I didn't see the bigger Clifford land anything.

And Bieksa did get a few shots in to start.

Bottom line, next time another team's goon decides he is going to go after Perry, that player will need to accept that fact he'll be looking over his shoulder for Bieksa for the rest of the game.

I have no problem with Bieksa jumping in. It was the right thing to do regardless of who started it from his position .

If Perry doesnt want to stick up for himself then he shouldnt be starting stick work and cheap shot players. Clifford had every right to go back and get into Perry's face regardless of what line he plays on. Its not gonna take too many punches to face with players like Perry for him to smarten up and not start stick work with opposing players

Yeah and if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. I already said that Perry is a jerk. He is who he is and sometimes the job of an NHLer is to stand up for the team's meal ticket, even if he doesn't deserve it.

The conversation isn't about Perry's character, (because he doesn't have any) it's about Bieksa stepping in to protect his team's star player against a bigger, tougher guy and the fact that a few mental midgets in this thread see fit to ridicule him for it.

lol at people saying he kept the other team in check when he played for us.

Ummmm he did nothing when Ferland was running about abusing our guys in the playoffs.

You sure about that? As I recall he was the only one who did something about it.

7sdpb0Y.gif

Archived