The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Palestinian Flag Raised at UN for First Time Ever - Canada was one of the 8 countries out of 172 to say no

TOMapleLaughs

LOL. Surely if they had god's favour they wouldn't be in this position.

Regardless, I do not understand why other nations bend over backwards for Israel. It's just one little country with little value or interest, relative to other nations.

Being in God's favour I don't think equates to a free ride. No where does it say free pass.

You want to bring back the death penalty, bring back monarchy, what century would you like us to return to in an ideal world?

I never said I wanted to bring back the death penalty. I only said "perhaps we should." It's a terrible practice tbh imo.

And again, a monarchy won't work today as people are too entitled.

I never said I wanted to bring back the death penalty. I only said "perhaps we should." It's a terrible practice tbh imo.

As much as I disagree with you, props for all the jimmies you rustle. :)

So, when you say 'perhaps we should do something', you mean 'actually it's terrible and we probably shouldn't'.

Makes sense.

I don't even know what you're trying to say with your last sentence.

So, when you say 'perhaps we should do something', you mean 'actually it's terrible and we probably shouldn't'.

Makes sense.

I don't even know what you're trying to say with your last sentence.

For the death penalty, it's terrible morally and we should avoid going back at all costs. But if it needs to be done, so be it. I brought it up because perhaps that was the way we should have gone. I was corrected, which, thank you, and we moved on.

With my last sentence... people want everything to be their way these days. Just take a look at all the politically correct language, civil rights groups, Kim Davis, etc. This is the society we live in. Everyone feels like they have a right to do whatever it is they want to do. Which is why, under the current circumstances, a monarchy would never work. If you switched to it now, the people would just have a revolution and revert back to democracy, because after years of it, they feel entitled to vote. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's why a monarchy would never work.

For the death penalty, it's terrible morally and we should avoid going back at all costs. But if it needs to be done, so be it. I brought it up because perhaps that was the way we should have gone. I was corrected, which, thank you, and we moved on.

With my last sentence... people want everything to be their way these days. Just take a look at all the politically correct language, civil rights groups, Kim Davis, etc. This is the society we live in. Everyone feels like they have a right to do whatever it is they want to do. Which is why, under the current circumstances, a monarchy would never work. If you switched to it now, the people would just have a revolution and revert back to democracy, because after years of it, they feel entitled to vote. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's why a monarchy would never work.

There would never be a revolution in Canada.

We are way too latte.

Archived