The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Scott Walker named Canucks player development consultant

-Vintage Canuck-

A borderline NHL player who had to keep adapting to stay in the game..like Crawford..I remember when he started scoring for the Preds (a 25 goal season!!) where did that come from?!He went from a checker/fighter to a offense guy. He might have something here that will help the club long term hopefully ie how to crack a line up and earn your roster spot.

I remember when I was young kid, I was at a Vancouver Grizzles game sitting 1 row behind floor seats. During one of the timeouts, I noticed Scott Walker (who was then a real "Glue guy" on the Canucks) sitting a few seats over. With an anticipatory excitement, I walked over to him with small notepad I had from school with me, and asked him if he was Scott Walker.

With a smile, he answered yes, and asked if I'd like an autograph, since I was holding a pen and a notepad. I was a bit star struck and just nodded rapidly, and he was great about the whole thing. He chuckled, asked my name, and asked if I wanted the guy sitting next to him to autograph the notepad too. I said "yes please" admittedly not knowing who it was, and it turned out to be Esa Tikkanen.

It was my first time meeting a professional athlete, he really made my day, and I'll always cherish that moment.

Welcome back to Vancouver Scott, you were a class act.

That's actually a really cool story.

I too, have a Scott Walker story. He was in the Canucks camp as a d man after being drafted by them. It was a pre-season game but believe me, he made the team that night. He threw a devastating hit at center ice, is the one thing I remember about the game. Long story, short, he was the first star of the game. At the time, the first stars were interviewed by NW's Ron Barnett. Well Barney, introduced Scotty, did his interview, and all, then Scotty walked around to all the tables and introduced himself to all of us in the room. I couldn't believe it when the Canucks traded him away. Welcome back to Vancouver Scott Walker.

Archived