The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Make Baertschi, Horvat, and Virtanen a Permanent line?

ShinkarukisBeast

Baerstchi, Horvat, and Virtanen  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know its early but that line was very good looking. The energy, the excitement reminds me of the old WCE line. Just scoring with ease and being super creative and hard working. Its a little too early to say if the line should stick we need more of a sample size but I think they should give these kids a long look together. Give them the next pre season game and maybe the first 2-3 nhl games to see if they can get some consistency. Love the way they played! :)

he just did last night against what would be the opening night roster for the Oilers minus a couple players

people until you actually get the words out of his mouth that he hates young players you can just stop with this bs logic claiming he hates young players with nothing to back it up

Last year I am pretty sure he said he wasn't a fan of playing teenagers. So having a 20 year old and 19 year old on the same line is pretty out of the question. Unless Horvat has made him a believer in young guns.

hahaha oh man. 1 pre-season game against the worst team of the modern era and this is the reaction.

cdc you cray

1 pre-season game against a previously undefeated pre-season team with 4 number one draft picks including one who even Wayne Gretzky said was the best player to come into the NHL in the last 30 years. They iced their starting line-up and yet still the line of Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen managed to skate circles around Edmonton and to top it off score 10 points between the 3 of them. Yup definitely not worth any mention as it's "only one game". Move along.

Sedins-Burrows

Hansen-Sutter-Vrbata (Someone plays off wing)

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Purst-Mcann-Dorsett

Vey, Higgins

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bartkowski

Weber-Sbisa

Corrado

Markstrom

Miller

I would put McCann up on Sutters wing with Vrbata for 9 games. Lst night McCann and Sutter looked good in the limmited time they had. Add Vrbata on the other wing and you have 2 shooters and a good playmaker in McCann as well as speed and a good defensive center in Sutter. McCann can take draws as well as being pretty reliable in his own end.

I can see this as Jake has shown most games he is ready!McCann I highly doubt makes the team and hutton should be on the team.McCann should get atleast a year if not two in the AHL before coming up and will be put in ahead of vey.I do like vey just seems we dont have room on the team for him right noe less theres an injury or something.but saying this if we bring up players gaunce is the oddball who has played very well but less a tradr or two happens he will be sent down which is a shame for sure!

This post isn't aimed specifically at you, but this is what confounds me about my fellow Canucks fans. Why are we settling for "he's a decent hockey player" type of guy? Vey has never shown anything special in his entire time here. Oh sure he has the skills, but what good are they if he never uses them?

We should be striving for every player on every line to be in the mold of the likes of Bo Horvat. I know it's not realistically possible, but why settle for a somewhat capable player, why not shoot for the stars and raise our expectations of our players?

We continuously are ok with middle of the road players up and down the line up. We need to stop coddling players who "might" have potential and move on to new ones if they aren't good enough. We gave up quite a bit to get him, but he's not working out and we have players waiting in the wings who are better.

Everyone seems to be so afraid of losing something for nothing that we end up with something that does nothing. Drives me crazy.

You can't be afraid to add youth to your lineup if they are your best players! It doesn't matter if they are 18 or 24 if they can play they should make the team. Calgary was expected to be in the McDavid sweepstakes last season and had no problem throwing in an 18 year old Sam Bennett. Along with Monahan and Gaudreau they will be fun to watch for years to come. Edmonton has screwed up lots of their prospects because they weren't insulated by good veterans. We have the Sedins, Hamhuis, Burrows, Dorset, Prust. This team is set up to add youth to the lineup. I'd love to see WD give a line like Horvat, Virtanen and Baertschi a chance to start the season. If we have the same lineup as last year without any youth... I will probably watch or go to a lot less games this year. The fans are screaming for youth!!!! Come on WD and JB... give us the hope we desire.

willie has said that some players who have shown they can play in the nhl, will have to go first to uttica or their junior teams...he said they have shown that they will be canucks in the future...and they don't consult cdc to make their decisions...

You know this is a forum right? We understand management most likely does not read what we have to say.. it's amusing to discuss ideas and read the opinions of other fans and all that jazz, c'mon..

I for one am just hoping the Bearcheese can keep up whatever line he's on, then maybe we can all forget about the 2nd we gave for Vey in place of the one we gave for him.

You know this is a forum right? We understand management most likely does not read what we have to say.. it's amusing to discuss ideas and read the opinions of other fans and all that jazz, c'mon..

I for one am just hoping the Bearcheese can keep up whatever line he's on, then maybe we can all forget about the 2nd we gave for Vey in place of the one we gave for him.

His favourite line is "everyone shut up I trust management not some wannabe GMs on a forum... Benning knows more than all of you..". It's better not to pay attention.

If this isn't a line this year, it will be next year. They found seemingly instant chemistry. I like how Bo and Virtanen can open up room for Bart. Good stuff.

Sven Baer has all the makings of a guy who will put up 40 or so points in the 35 games he actually shows up in, and be an absolute ghost the other 47.

We'll see how that line fairs against the Kings or Ducks.

How so? All training camp he has almost been producing, last night it just clicked. He was a ghost on paper, but he was definitely noticeable in the games.

In the combined regular season and playoffs for Utica, Baertschi was noticeable every game and setting up line mates even more than his number suggest (pretty good numbers too, 30 points in 36 games). Plus his numbers in the WHL playoffs are pretty outstanding. Baertschi is the real deal if he's given an opportunity.

They looked good but let's see them up against the Getzlaf, Kopitar, Seguin, Toews, or Backes lines night after night. If they can hold their own then let's get real about that combo together. Every line on every team has had their way with the Oilers over the past 8 years.

Horvat and Virtanen are two pretty strong kids ...are they not exactly the kind of guys you would put up against Getzlaf,Backes,Kopitar etc...?

Archived