The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Make Baertschi, Horvat, and Virtanen a Permanent line?

ShinkarukisBeast

Baerstchi, Horvat, and Virtanen  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the Sedins ever get pressured to give up being the first line from a younger more productive line we are heading in the right direction. It's the right of succession. I hope that day comes in the next two years and maybe Horvat will be the new #1

Don't get me wrong I love Horvat as much as the rest but it's a sad day in Vancover when he becomes our top centre

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Sutter - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Dorsett - McCann - Prust

Higgins/Vey

Try it for the first 10 games or until Higgins gets back

This is the expectation for the majority I believe!

Y'all can quote me on this, in 4 years it will be:

1st line / C: McCann / RW: Boeser / LW: Lucic

2nd line / C: Horvat / RW: Virtanen / LW: Baertschi

3rd line / C: Sutter / RW: Cassels / LW: Shinkaruk

4th line / C: Gaunce / RW: Grenier / LW: Kenins

Realistically..I would say maybe 50% of those players will be in a Canucks uniform in 4 years...What about 2016-17-18 draft picks..?..A few of those will be knocking at the door.

Y'all can quote me on this, in 4 years it will be:

1st line / C: McCann / RW: Boeser / LW: Lucic

2nd line / C: Horvat / RW: Virtanen / LW: Baertschi

3rd line / C: Sutter / RW: Cassels / LW: Shinkaruk

4th line / C: Gaunce / RW: Grenier / LW: Kenins

Yup we will never acquire any new players in the next 4 years

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Sutter - Hansen
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Dorsett - Vey - Prust
Higgins

My first 10 game line up prediction for Start until Higgens gets back from injury,then Virt will be gone too.

In late November when players go down to injury an we have our first minor slump, as league teams start to play real D on our team ,This will be acid test as to see if this group can carry torch to play offs.I think not close but not gonna do it or get it done.

We are a team very close to Cap hell .We may have way too much money in our blue line right now an a few forwards an locked in

Its gonna be a tough year to watch especially when injurys start to nip away at this team.

It's the kid line! The Canucks haven't had one of those in a very long time.

I know it was against the oilers but keep it goin what hurt can it do

Sedin-sedin-vrbata (put them back together)

Baerschi-horvat-virtanen

Burrows-sutter-hansen

Prust-mccann-dorsett

Higgins-vey

Personally, I don't think mccann will stick just because why would waste a year of his entry level contract on centering a 4th line?

If they play together all year I wouldn't be surprised if next year that's our first line.

Gotta pretty good feeling by the end of this year Bo will be our best player. The kid looks poised for stardom early. He's the kind of player that makes his line mates 10 times better(kenins). It makes way too much sense to get jake and Sven on his wings now. We'll be that much better next year.

Yeah, at least for the first 9 games to see how Virtanen plays against full NHL line-ups and how three relatively inexperienced players can handle that.

The line makes perfect sense in theory: Baertschi has the ability to set up beautiful plays from the left side with creative, accurate and long passes.

The first goal tonight by Horvat is exactly what I keep harping on about Baertschi's ability to set up plays from that area. Would look great with two players with decent finish on his line - Horvat and either Vrbata or Virt provide just that.

It think it will be Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata for sure. Sedins will probably play with Burrows again and Sutter will center the 3rd line with Hansen and Higgy. Gaunce was sent down and am thinking maybe both Virtanen and McCann will be sent down too. Vey will probably center Prust and Dorsett for the 4th line. I hope am wrong but I think management will now send both McCann and Virtanen down too. Maybe Hutton might be staying

If they play together all year I wouldn't be surprised if next year that's our first line.

Gotta pretty good feeling by the end of this year Bo will be our best player. The kid looks poised for stardom early. He's the kind of player that makes his line mates 10 times better(kenins). It makes way too much sense to get jake and Sven on his wings now. We'll be that much better next year.

Too much to ask from 3 young guys, 2 of them rookies on the same line in a regular season game against stronger teams than the Oilers in pre season. I think this line has a better chance to stick next year. Too early and too young this year.

Too much to ask from 3 young guys, 2 of them rookies on the same line in a regular season game against stronger teams than the Oilers in pre season. I think this line has a better chance to stick next year. Too early and too young this year.

I think they missed the chance tonight to see if they can replicate what they did last game.

We don't know how they would fare against other teams yet but we won't know unless we try. So far, they are 1 for 1.

The reason why there is a chance it could work is that the trajectory of Horvat's improvement is unreal. He's been heads and shoulders the best player for the canucks this preseason. This is no fluke as he was also one of our best in the playoffs. His play is skyrocketing and as a centre, I think he can anchor s line of Baerstchi and Virtanen and bring out the best in both players who have amazing potential.

I think they missed the chance tonight to see if they can replicate what they did last game.

We don't know how they would fare against other teams yet but we won't know unless we try. So far, they are 1 for 1.

The reason why there is a chance it could work is that the trajectory of Horvat's improvement is unreal. He's been heads and shoulders the best player for the canucks this preseason. This is no fluke as he was also one of our best in the playoffs. His play is skyrocketing and as a centre, I think he can anchor s line of Baerstchi and Virtanen and bring out the best in both players who have amazing potential.

I'd love to see it tried again as well, Virt brings the physicality and hustle, Baer the skill and vision,(great pass to Bo tonight) and Horvat is more than we all expected both offensively and defensively. I'd love to see it tried again in the reg season and I'm sure they will. I just don't expect it to stick together permanently just yet.

I don't know if Baer is a board battle kind of person...

He won a great battle last night and got the puck back to McCann for a SOG. So he certainly has the ability...does he have the desire to do in every shift? Dunno.

Archived