The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL general managers, coaches rank Canucks' Ryan Miller as third worst starter in league

Stix

Lol, clearly they're on crack.

Yea Miller is about to reach the end of his prime but he's still better than 20 starting goalies in the league. And regardless of what they say, he did us well last season so who cares, it's just their opinion at the end of the day.

In no way, shape or form is Ryan Miller a top 10 goaltender in the league.

dubnyk is crap he had one good yr and is a one hit wonder

This is wrong, Dubnyk had success on multiple teams last year.

Dubnyk earned 9 wins in 19 games for the Coyotes. Smith only had 15 wins in 62 games.

Dubnyk was winning games for a bad team before being traded to Minny and finishing the regular season in beast mode.

Considering how well Dubnyk did for both Arizona and Minnesota, he was *AT LEAST* a two-hit wonder last season.

It's obvious he re-invented himself in the offseason.

My favorite part is how the stanley cup winningngoalies of last 6 years (minus thomas) are all rated below top 10. Lolololololololol. Quick is top 5 goalie and crawford is top 10.

Are you kidding?

No way Quick beats out one of Price, Bobrovsky, Lundqvist, Schneider, or Holtby.

And the only top 10 goalie in my list Crawford beats out is Rask, maybe.

I'm pretty surprised how many people are putting Bobrovsky in the top 5. He had the one amazing Vezina year, but has he been THAT great since? It seems his numbers have been going down. He's a good goalie, but I don't think top 5.

I don't think Miller is as bad as bottom 3, but I think he's in the bottom 15 starters in the league. I'd rather have Schneider or even Luongo at this point.

I could see Miller losing his job to Markstrom either this season or next. His rebound control isn't great and he seems to get beaten through traffic a lot. I'm also concerned that at his age he is on the decline and may be more injury prone.

Everyone was on Millers D last year. When Gretz said "he may be the best signing in the last 15 years" no one batted an eye. He got hurt a month before playoffs, creating yet another stupid goalie controversy for this team. He obviously wasn't 100% when he came back, and if out offense had done its job vs Calgary we may have gotten a chance to see what he could have done for us in the next round. People need to chill out with these stupid big board rankings. Our goalies have been demonized the last few years, when our predominant problem has been offensive production (at least in playoffs).

What a bullcrap list.

IMO

Carey Price

Henrik Lundqvist

Pekka Rinne

Jonathan Quick

Ben Bishop

Cory Schneider

Corey Crawford

Roberto Luongo

Sergei Bobrovsky

Braden Holtby