The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Being a Canuck in Toronto.

Bavley33

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I live in Timmins, Ont. and have been a Canucks fan since I was a kid (grew up in Peterborough, fell in love with the Nucks thanks to Roger Neilson and the run of '82). Timmins is a bilingual community and split largely with Leaf and Habs fans, a growing number of Sens fans and the usual number of bandwagon jumpers for whatever team is hot.

I proudly wear my Canuck gear everywhere (jacket, jerseys, t-shirts, etc) ... just added a garden flag to our front yard. My rec room is painted blue, white and green and is fully decked out.

Went to see the Nucks play the Laughs last year in TO and was impressed with the large number of Canuck jerseys in the stands.

The toughest part is the fact that all our "national" networks and media are so Toronto oriented with sports coverage (probably because these talking heads all live and work in Hogtown).

Keep on cheering for the Nucks, no matter where you live!

I wear my Canuck hat to Calgary every time I go.

Ran into Rodger Millions in a superstore liquor outlet....had to laugh out loud when he gave me a dirty look.

You might want to point out who that is? I ran into Lanny Macdonald once at a Northwest Co-op gas bar. He gave me a dirty look too.

OP is 100% right. I don't know what it is about the Canucks but they almost don't even count as a Canadian team to everyone else. When I was cheering for them in 2011, almost everyone I knew (i'm in toronto) was cheering for Boston. It kinda sucks but it'll just make it even sweeter when we finally win a cup way before the maple laffs even make the playoffs again.

I'm cheering from down the road here in Seattle. It's a melting pot of different team fans. For some reason, there's quite a concentration of Chicago fans here. Who knew? I became a fan after the 2010 Olympics. I grew up going to Seattle Thunderbirds games, then kind of fell away from sports in general for awhile. I make it to one or two Canucks games a season, but I'm a season ticketholder for the Thunderbirds. When it comes to crappy fan bases, I think any junior fan can agree, WE ALL HATE PORTLAND FANS!
OP, I feel your pain with the merchandise hunt. I have to either order online, or make a day trip up to YVR. (Of course, I'd never complain about "having" to make a trip up to YVR). I know once we finally do get a team here, many people will jump ship. I most certainly won't jump ship. Once a Canuck, always a Canuck.
I applaud everyone else that joins us in cheering from a distance. I'm looking forward to yet another exciting season.
*Edit: I even got my mom addicted to watching when we're on CBC, since most of western WA gets it on cable. Every Saturday, I'll get messages from her: "Are we on tonight?!" or "What the hell? Where's our game?" Sorry we don't play every Saturday, Mom.

Dude, you opened me up with this post. I immigrated to Canada in 2007 and moved in Toronto. I didn't like Leafs at that time. Why, I don't know. I played field hockey back home during my school years. But in field hockey there're so many restrictions like if ball touches your feet, it's a foul. If ball goes too high in air, it's foul. When I moved to Canada I liked the rough and tough ice-hockey. man o man. it was fun. You don't like the guy, you beat em' up. LOL

Anyways, I moved to Yukon a year later. Due to regional restriction I could only see Canucks. I loved Sedin's cycling game and Burrows finish. I'm not too old of a Canucks fan like rest of you guys who're following it from 70s or 80s. But atleast i'm a Canucks fan since i was exposed to the game. But that our Cup run was just soo amazing. I would be screaming at TV because of enjoyment alone in my living room in those dark Yukon winters. good old times. LOL

Anyhow, i'm moved back to Toronto recently. I wear my Canucks gear all the time here in Toronto, my work etc. Yea, people make fun of our riot but i hit them back by saying that you guys weren't able to defend 4-1 lead over Bruins in playoff. We at least were just one win away. But honestly I couldn't care less of what people think about me cuz all I care about is Canucks. Go Canucks Go.

Dude, you opened me up with this post. I immigrated to Canada in 2007 and moved in Toronto. I didn't like Leafs at that time. Why, I don't know. I played field hockey back home during my school years. But in field hockey there're so many restrictions like if ball touches your feet, it's a foul. If ball goes too high in air, it's foul. When I moved to Canada I liked the rough and tough ice-hockey. man o man. it was fun. You don't like the guy, you beat em' up. LOL

Anyways, I moved to Yukon a year later. Due to regional restriction I could only see Canucks. I loved Sedin's cycling game and Burrows finish. I'm not too old of a Canucks fan like rest of you guys who're following it from 70s or 80s. But atleast i'm a Canucks fan since i was exposed to the game. But that our Cup run was just soo amazing. I would be screaming at TV because of enjoyment alone in my living room in those dark Yukon winters. good old times. LOL

Anyhow, i'm moved back to Toronto recently. I wear my Canucks gear all the time here in Toronto, my work etc. Yea, people make fun of our riot but i hit them back by saying that you guys weren't able to defend 4-1 lead over Bruins in playoff. We at least were just one win away. But honestly I couldn't care less of what people think about me cuz all I care about is Canucks. Go Canucks Go.

I feel ya. Where did you move from?

I'm cheering from down the road here in Seattle. It's a melting pot of different team fans. For some reason, there's quite a concentration of Chicago fans here. Who knew? I became a fan after the 2010 Olympics. I grew up going to Seattle Thunderbirds games, then kind of fell away from sports in general for awhile. I make it to one or two Canucks games a season, but I'm a season ticketholder for the Thunderbirds. When it comes to crappy fan bases, I think any junior fan can agree, WE ALL HATE PORTLAND FANS!

OP, I feel your pain with the merchandise hunt. I have to either order online, or make a day trip up to YVR. (Of course, I'd never complain about "having" to make a trip up to YVR). I know once we finally do get a team here, many people will jump ship. I most certainly won't jump ship. Once a Canuck, always a Canuck.

I applaud everyone else that joins us in cheering from a distance. I'm looking forward to yet another exciting season.

*Edit: I even got my mom addicted to watching when we're on CBC, since most of western WA gets it on cable. Every Saturday, I'll get messages from her: "Are we on tonight?!" or "What the hell? Where's our game?" Sorry we don't play every Saturday, Mom.

Right on man! Some of the best Sports fans ever come from Wash and every time Im down there I love how you all get behind you're team. Good to hear!

Great post man! i also live in toronto as i happen to work here. I was born in van and i proudly wear my gear to any event here all year long. Hate the leefs. The biggest issue that i have is watching the games as the people here do not belive that there is a world outside of thier borders. I was watching crapty online feeds forever but they prove unreliable. i just recently bought the nhl package for my ps4 so i am set!! Go Canucks Go!!

I live in Seattle, and get really excited when I see others wearing Canucks gear. It's like - who are you :)?! It's easily accessible to go to games. I can either fly, bus, or take a train to Vancouver. I don't drive. I am super excited about the Canucks!

• 1 year later...
On 10/7/2015 at 1:59 PM, wasteofskin said:

Great post man! i also live in toronto as i happen to work here. I was born in van and i proudly wear my gear to any event here all year long. Hate the leefs. The biggest issue that i have is watching the games as the people here do not belive that there is a world outside of thier borders. I was watching crapty online feeds forever but they prove unreliable. i just recently bought the nhl package for my ps4 so i am set!! Go Canucks Go!!

Wow great stuff!! i am glad they do have somewhat a voice of reason on the CDC. I attended a number of games during the world cup and was amazed to see how many Canucks jerseys were in the stands!! yay us. so i am wondering if i do not go the the game on the 5th at the ACC, if some of us in toronto can meet a a local establishment and take it over. But saying that there is a chance i may attend the game. a few weeks ago, i tryed to get tix but they were sold out so i might find a third party agent. Just wondering what the interest would be in toronto for us canucks fans that have to live/work here

Go Canucks Go!!

Archived