The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian involved in early morning car wreck...

Spare the young man all the judgement. Big deal - he was a passenger in a car accident. What guilt!

Who here didn't/doesn't like to hang out with young women when you were/are that age (or any age for that matter).

Day off. Of course he's going to be out chasing a life - he's hardwired to do so.

Hope the injuries aren't serious.

call me a saint if you'd like but I usually have good judgement on when not to let someone drive and when to not jump in with someone who has been drinking that intends to drive. It's common sense to me but apparently it's difficult for others. It's definitely a skill I have honed during my early twenties.

He's a millionaire he has no excuse to be jumping in with a drunk driver.

Of course this is resting solely on the speculation that the youngovernment lady was intoxicated.

Spare the young man all the judgement. Big deal - he was a passenger in a car accident. What guilt!

Who here didn't/doesn't like to hang out with young women when you were/are that age (or any age for that matter).

Day off. Of course he's going to be out chasing a life - he's hardwired to do so.

Stop downgrading the obvious, he is messed up. I don't know too many 20 year old girls with a Ford super duty power stroke so let's safely assume it's his truck.

It was like he was implying that he woke up early and innocently went for breakfast with 2 young girls.

The texts would look like this.

Zack - Hey girls wanna get a booster juice before we hit the yoga studio?

18 year old girl - "Sure Zack, but when you come and get us can my older sister drive your truck?

Zack - Absolutely.

Lol...just hoping that he really wasnt driving...who knows.

Perhaps try sparing the young man the judgement? Big deal - he was a passenger in a car accident. What guilt!

I think the problem is that he's now been traded twice in a young and promising career and the 2nd time was definitely due to party issues.

Yes its a day off but with that kind of reputation and being given a 3rd chance on a new team, do you really have to chase tail til 6 in the morning?

When he was out with a bad back with the Canucks there were multiple reports of him partying it up at clubs.

He's a pro athlete that lacks the commitment to become an actual pro.

Despite not knowing the full context, it appears as hr was partying Saturday night until the wee hours of the morning and ended up getting involved in an accident.

Sorry no sympathy here. He's a pro with God given talents that's just pissing it away.

Not going to say much because, well....speculation. Will say that driving a big truck and rounding a corner (the picture would suggest it was near one), you could encounter a parked car, animal, etc. causing a swerve. We don't have much info yet, so will wait to decide.

But I really am pulling for Zach in this life...he's a likable guy. The stuff with his Grandma sold me on him and I can't help but hope he matures and reaches his full potential. Hope the bleeding head/confusion doesn't impact him too much, but likely will in relation to hockey (at least initially).

Sad news but glad everyone's ok in the big picture of it all. Hitting a tree vs a pedestrian, another car, etc.

EDIT: treated for minor injuries (at least that part's turning out in his favour)

call me a saint if you'd like but I usually have good judgement on when not to let someone drive and when to not jump in with someone who has been drinking that intends to drive. It's common sense to me but apparently it's difficult for others. It's definitely a skill I have honed during my early twenties.

Of course this is resting solely on the speculation that the youngovernment lady was intoxicated.

I think we've all run into a tree sober. Usually when you're the only car on the road.

yeah - I was a bonified Saint - and nevertheless we did all kinds of sh!t like that - all the time. but it was a different era - and everyone 'knows better' now.

in any event, we don't really know what happened. for all we know, they'd been in bed for 5 hours - going out to refuel - and swerved to miss a bunny rabbit.

the fact it is legal to ride with a drunk driver has always seemed stupid to me.

how is riding with a drunk not being an accessory?

the fact it is legal to ride with a drunk driver has always seemed stupid to me.

how is riding with a drunk not being an accessory?

never thought of it that way.

It's illegal to not wear a seat belt but legal to jump in with a drunique driver. Seems legit.

How did they hit the tree at 6 am Sunday morning but the guy who intervened tweeted about it at 4 am? I'm thinking the time's off.

Assuming you are looking at the original tweet. Twitter automatically adjusts the time of the tweet to your location - 7am Montreal time is 4am Vancouver time.

Archived