The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferklund - what will be the Canucks response on opening night?

HarryCanuck

I admired the way Ferkland played; that's playoffs, pal. Wish we had a guy like him.

The Canucks have nobody on their roster who can/will deal with him.

That was cheap and dirty hockey, he deliberately tried to injury people, don't see what there is to admire.

Ferland played hard while too many Canucks did not. Canucks fans don't like Ferland because he played well.

Yeah because leaving your feet at 200 mph is playing well in hockey. The commentators were saying I cant believe he hasn't been called for charging yet ? Actually saying he is taking 40 foot runs that always get called but for some reason the refs are letting it go ?

Gimme a break

I don't know why I'm always surprised at how many CDC'ers get absorbed in thinking about small and meaningless battles.

The Canucks aren't going to do anything special to deal with Ferlund because he isn't that great of a player. The only reason he played well in the playoffs is BECAUSE the Canucks reacted to him and let Ferlund push them off their game.

Ferlund will be invisible against the Canucks if they focus on their game and don't get involved in his antics.

That was cheap and dirty hockey, he deliberately tried to injury people, don't see what there is to admire.

It was tough, physical hockey. He wasn't out to deliberately hurt people, because if he was, he failed badly because he didn't take anyone out of the Canucks lineup. You're just upset because a kid with 30 NHL games under his belt ran roughshod over your little, cowering team who had no antidote or him.

Go and look at how the Ducks played him. They ignored him and put points on the board. He's not that good that we should be taking extra measures.

Imo it wasn't Ferland that gave us problems it was fatigue coping with too many injuries during the regular season.

The Ducks D actually got out of his way when he was barreling down on them in the fore check. They moved the puck quickly and didn't give Ferland a chance to do what he does best.

Yeah because leaving your feet at 200 mph is playing well in hockey. The commentators were saying I cant believe he hasn't been called for charging yet ? Actually saying he is taking 40 foot runs that always get called but for some reason the refs are letting it go ?

Gimme a break

Same thing Kenins was doing for his first month here until he couldn't keep it up anymore. And now that Kenins refuses to hit he has lost his job here. Understand? It's a tough job, and Ferland did it well.

I don't know why I'm always surprised at how many CDC'ers get absorbed in thinking about small and meaningless battles.

The Canucks aren't going to do anything special to deal with Ferlund because he isn't that great of a player. The only reason he played well in the playoffs is BECAUSE the Canucks reacted to him and let Ferlund push them off their game.

Ferlund will be invisible against the Canucks if they focus on their game and don't get involved in his antics.

Reacted? Watch the video I posted, you cannot miss Ferland. The HNIC panel were loving him, mainly because HNIC love to hate the Canucks.

If we take your approach, I'd be willing to place a bet there will be another concussion to one of the Sedins. Somehow, the way our roster is shaping up, I do not think this years team (assuming Virtanen, Cracknell and McCann make it) will tollerate dirty play like that.

Reacted? Watch the video I posted, you cannot miss Ferland. The HNIC panel were loving him, mainly because HNIC love to hate the Canucks.

If we take your approach, I'd be willing to place a bet there will be another concussion to one of the Sedins. Somehow, the way our roster is shaping up, I do not think this years team (assuming Virtanen, Cracknell and McCann make it) will tollerate dirty play like that.

Yep, Jared McCann will straighten Ferland out. That'll work.

Archived