The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferklund - what will be the Canucks response on opening night?

HarryCanuck

I see. So Ferland will get his bell rung. Within 60 days. Will he be out of the league then? Dead? Maimed and disfigured for life? Or will he get back on his feet and continue doing his job?

He's a tough kid, I don't think he'll be easily deterred. He wants a long career in the NHL just like everyone else.

Guy reminds me a lot of Steve Moore with his headhunting. If he doesn't clean up his act, he'll suffer a similar fate and the league will be better for it.

HNIC hyped this plug up so much that the refs allowed him to get away with blatant charges. This scrub charged us left and right with impunity. But when we returned the physicality we got penalized. The Burrows hit on that midget Goodroe clean shoulder on shoulder was a great example of bias.

I dont believe the Lames were better than us in the 1st round. If the refs called the game fairly that ferklund would've been a non factor like he was in the 2nd round. I guess karma got to him when he got injured trying to pull the same $&!# he did with us.

Now to Wednesdays game. I think he will start running our players again because the media will remind him of how great he was against us and no doubt that little rat Hartley will make him do it.

I believe Dorsett will go after him after the very first big hit he throws. Then Bollig or Engelland will come to the rescue and thats where i expect Prust to intercept.

But forget this scrub, im more interested in Virtanen taking runs at that Oompa Loompa or Mr 19 yrs old.

This isn't anything new. Matt Cooke is 37 years old and has been doing it since he was 21. Rats are nothing new. If you want, you can still grab a hold of one and punch his face in if you want to and are able. Would I like to see some 220lb gronk grab a hold of Brad Marchand and lay an enormous beating on him? Absolutely. That card is still on the table, but nobody seems to use it. It just costs you 5 in the box. Might not be a bad price to pay, huh?

I would love to see any rat get a good beat down. Usually, like rats are, they are hard to catch. Plus, if the beat down is too severe, the guy sues - Steve Moore. I'm not saying he deserved the damage he got, but he refused to fight, so what are the big guys supposed to do? There just is no way to live trap these rats. It's either beat them down, and risk doing too much damage, or go get yourself a star player with a dirty hit of your own.

I agree. He played his role well. He was annoying to watch at the time, but he did what he was supposed to.

Was it charging? Probably. Was it cheap? Maybe. But it wasn't called. Deal with it. If our guys didn't like it so much they should've done something about it. It's not like you can't see it coming when he's launching from 40' out. The refs didn't call it so if you don't like his "dirty" hits, stick out your elbow the last minute. He won't do it again. "Oh but that's cheap!!" Well if cheap calls aren't called and we sit and bitch about it, then do something about it. Or just randomly ask dorsett to fight him and if he deckines then just ragdoll him for a minute. still too cheap? then shut up and play. We did the latter, and lost to the better team. Get over it.

This isn't anything new. Matt Cooke is 37 years old and has been doing it since he was 21. Rats are nothing new. If you want, you can still grab a hold of one and punch his face in if you want to and are able. Would I like to see some 220lb gronk grab a hold of Brad Marchand and lay an enormous beating on him? Absolutely. That card is still on the table, but nobody seems to use it. It just costs you 5 in the box. Might not be a bad price to pay, huh?

In spite of all the things wrong with Evander Holyfield Kane, this is why I like the kid...

We need a few more players on the Canucks that can beat you up with their fists and beat you up with hockey skills.

HNIC hyped this plug up so much that the refs allowed him to get away with blatant charges. This scrub charged us left and right with impunity. But when we returned the physicality we got penalized. The Burrows hit on that midget Goodroe clean shoulder on shoulder was a great example of bias.

I dont believe the Lames were better than us in the 1st round. If the refs called the game fairly that ferklund would've been a non factor like he was in the 2nd round. I guess karma got to him when he got injured trying to pull the same crap he did with us.

Now to Wednesdays game. I think he will start running our players again because the media will remind him of how great he was against us and no doubt that little rat Hartley will make him do it.

I believe Dorsett will go after him after the very first big hit he throws. Then Bollig or Engelland will come to the rescue and thats where i expect Prust to intercept.

But forget this scrub, im more interested in Virtanen taking runs at that Oompa Loompa or Mr 19 yrs old.

And 6'2" - 215lb Ferland is worried about 6'0" - 192lb Dorsett? I highly doubt it.

Guarantee'd Virtanen will nail this guy with a solid check if he's running around like a chicken with his head cut off..

Keep the puck moving. Like others have said, the best way to counter Ferland is to keep him chasing the play.

Don't really hate him, although he should have been called for charging a couple of times in that series.

My thoughts as well.. not sure how he got away with it all series but he did what he was allowed to do can't blame him.

If a guy like Kassian was running players like that in the playoffs he would have been called for charging several times.

Flames fans think this guy is a legit power forward. I think we are giving this Ferklund plug way to much attention. Anaheim handled him the right way...he charged at some guy , that guy lifted his elbow, and taddaa...Ferklund was out of it...

Speaking of attention, at least we dont have a thread thats hundreds of pages long obsessing about the Flames, like the do over at CalgarySchmuck . com. They have dedicated hundreds of pages discussing how "vancouver is no good". If you ever have an inkling to ever cheer for the flames you should pay a visit to see how that fan base hates our city and team. Talk about an inferiority complex , i know our city is world class compared to that strip mall in the outback, and our team has used them as a doormat for nearly a decade

(with the resulting effect that they were able to finish low enough to draft 18 year old chinup champ along with boy band Monahan)...but they are carrying it a little too far!

If a guy like Kassian was running players like that in the playoffs he would have been called for charging several times.

Flames fans think this guy is a legit power forward. I think we are giving this Ferklund plug way to much attention. Anaheim handled him the right way...he charged at some guy , that guy lifted his elbow, and taddaa...Ferklund was out of it...

Speaking of attention, at least we dont have a thread thats hundreds of pages long obsessing about the Flames, like the do over at CalgarySchmuck . com. They have dedicated hundreds of pages discussing how "vancouver is no good". If you ever have an inkling to ever cheer for the flames you should pay a visit to see how that fan base hates our city and team. Talk about an inferiority complex , i know our city is world class compared to that strip mall in the outback, and our team has used them as a doormat for nearly a decade

(with the resulting effect that they were able to finish low enough to draft 18 year old chinup champ along with boy band Monahan)...but they are carrying it a little too far!

They were even talking about us during their own GDT. Cant stop talking about Beartschi too even though they insist he will be a nobody.

They were even talking about us during their own GDT. Cant stop talking about Beartschi too even though they insist he will be a nobody.

The obsession is almost comical....they even talk about Vancouver during the off season....that one thread is like 200 pages long...they had a thread going about the 2011 cup riots for like 3 years....they compare their prospects to ours, when there is no reason to compare, the latest is how Monahan is so much superior to Bo. Who really cares? Of course they will have some prospects that are highly touted, they did miss the playoffs for nearly a decade and this resulted in higher draft picks.

Guarantee'd Virtanen will nail this guy with a solid check if he's running around like a chicken with his head cut off..

My thoughts as well.. not sure how he got away with it all series but he did what he was allowed to do can't blame him.

Id really prefer they didn't use Virt as a sheriff.

And 6'2" - 215lb Ferland is worried about 6'0" - 192lb Dorsett? I highly doubt it.

He's not 6'2 he's like 6'0

and i never said he would be worried but Dorsett would give him a good scrap. he cant use the "coach told me not do drop the gloves" excuse like when Dorsett challenged him in the playoffs.

The obsession is almost comical....they even talk about Vancouver during the off season....that one thread is like 200 pages long...they had a thread going about the 2011 cup riots for like 3 years....

They gotta deflect from the fact that their fanbase is full of ignorant rednecks who can't stop harassing women. I guess at least it was giving the livestock a break.

The obsession is almost comical....they even talk about Vancouver during the off season....that one thread is like 200 pages long...they had a thread going about the 2011 cup riots for like 3 years....

They have one for Toronto as well if i remember and Edmonton lol they are an arrogant fan base that believes they're one of the top franchises in the NHL.

Archived