The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferklund - what will be the Canucks response on opening night?

HarryCanuck

Tough = willing to do the job asked of him, especially in a physical sense.

Now, please define "accountable for your actions" for me. He was out there on the ice plenty in all 6 of those games...seems pretty accountable to me. He wasn't in hiding.

I'm not getting excited. You're the one saying he's about to receive some career-defining comeuppance. Please elaborate. One big hit is going to send him back home never to be heard from again? A fight? A bloody nose? Is that what it will take? If you think that, you're selling that kid short.

Again, the Canucks had their chance to lay a solid, open-ice hit on him. But who did it? Nobody.

So his play will not be missed by the NHL. Is he going somewhere? I haven't heard that.

Ferland might be the next version of Dustin Brown; a guy who spent a decade nailing guys with oft-borderline hits. You'd better warm up to the idea that this guy might be around for a while.

Ferland = accountable. Now I can't take you seriously, I am starting to think you may share the same IQ as Ferland. At least you provided me with a laugh today, well done.

They have one for Toronto as well if i remember and Edmonton lol they are an arrogant fan base that believes they're one of the top franchises in the NHL.

I guess thats what happens when you have 100 cold weather shut in days at the oil patch....

Guarantee'd Virtanen will nail this guy with a solid check if he's running around like a chicken with his head cut off..

My thoughts as well.. not sure how he got away with it all series but he did what he was allowed to do can't blame him.

That's not the way to make him pay. Go after their top skill guys, and make them pay for Ferland.

Guy reminds me a lot of Steve Moore with his headhunting. If he doesn't clean up his act, he'll suffer a similar fate and the league will be better for it.

Wow. The guy hung a knee. About a 3 of 10 on the dirty scale (if you have 10 Naslund posters in your room, never mind). We actually had Cooke on our team for a looong time. And Torres.

Guarantee'd Virtanen will nail this guy with a solid check if he's running around like a chicken with his head cut off..

My thoughts as well.. not sure how he got away with it all series but he did what he was allowed to do can't blame him.

Exactly. It was anti-Canuck reffing as usual. The Canucks responded poorly, as usual. Ferland read the lay of the land and played his guts out. I think he will be running us for a lot of years. The answer is not retribution but toughness. I hope Prust knocks him out, but in a hockey fight, not an attack, I hope no one really wants to see a Steve Moore thing again.

Id really prefer they didn't use Virt as a sheriff.

A thousand times this. Please don't let them turn him into a useless goon. Please show him Corey Perry video.

Yep, Jared McCann will straighten Ferland out. That'll work.

Yup.. He will help put the puck in the net. I think having JV out there to forecheck and play with an edge is part of the answer ( keeping teams in their zone.) . JB has it right on D (sbisa might be the exception), speed, quick puck movement will help neutralize the physical punishment we have been dealing with in our own zone. Quicker on D with Hutton, Bartkowski. Let's see if JB made the right call.

Meh, overhyped. Anyone can run around throwing hits and charging guys...thing is, not everyone gets away with it.

I wouldn't really focus on him because primping his feathers is what guys like that feed off. He'll have to pay some dues and might have to rein it in a bit soon. People do take numbers.

Sorry, nope. Not convinced he's anything to worry about. He'll end up being another Raffi and bring more heat than he's worth if he keeps that gameplan.

If I was Proust I'd challenge home first shift centre ice just to set the tone.

But I'd be shocked if something like that happened

I think your prediction is correct. Prust will fight Ferland. Prust will rough up another Flame, and Ferland will come into the scrum. Prust will then make Ferland dance.

I think your prediction is correct. Prust will fight Ferland. Prust will rough up another Flame, and Ferland will come into the scrum. Prust will then make Ferland dance.

It's a tough one for prust as he has no history with ferland and as well is settling in on a new team he may not be emotionally attached to yet. Hard to start a fight under those circumstances. But he was brought here to fill a role and as far as pugilistic endeavours go I give him the belt over Dorsett.

Prust would be making a statement and a rallying point to his new team meanwhile sending a message to the flames and the rest of the division.

Interesting: shades of Kassian/Eager potential.:)

It's a tough one for prust as he has no history with ferland and as well is settling in on a new team he may not be emotionally attached to yet. Hard to start a fight under those circumstances. But he was brought here to fill a role and as far as pugilistic endeavours go I give him the belt over Dorsett.

Prust would be making a statement and a rallying point to his new team meanwhile sending a message to the flames and the rest of the division.

Interesting: shades of Kassian/Eager potential.:)

All I know is I'll be watching, and hoping it happens. We'll see if Ferland has any smarts, or if he gets goaded into a scrap. I wish we had Lucic. Then you know Ferland would get a good beating:)

You won't find a bigger Sedin lover in the world. I just really think they're better off with a fast winger. Pass on Looch.

I think we all have the greatest respect for the future HOF players. I just don't want to see them have to put up with crap any more. They deserve better, and Milan would bring that.

Archived