The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferklund - what will be the Canucks response on opening night?

HarryCanuck

I admired the way Ferkland played; that's playoffs, pal. Wish we had a guy like him.

The Canucks have nobody on their roster who can/will deal with him.

What are we paying Prust for? If he can deal with those players, then he should just GTFO

A lot of bitter people here. He played his arse off. Its the playoffs and he gave it his all. Hes no sniper, or play maker, so he did what he could. Hats off to him, but he is not the reason we lost the series.

Not bitter, I am concerned he is a liability to the Canucks organization. Ferland gives very little thought to how or who he hits - best word to describe him is "headhunter". I'm concerned first about Miller and second the Sedins. Significant injuries to either one is a season changer for Vancouver.

Therefore, he needs to understand he is not allowed to pull that kind of play this year.

Not bitter, I am concerned he is a liability to the Canucks organization. Ferland gives very little thought to how or who he hits - best word to describe him is "headhunter". I'm concerned first about Miller and second the Sedins. Significant injuries to either one is a season changer for Vancouver.

Therefore, he needs to understand he is not allowed to pull that kind of play this year.

Well reality is he got away with it for the most part, and if you're not getting stopped, why stop? He pushed the line a bit, but never really faced the consequences. In my mind, that is something our team has to stand up to, especially of the refs put away the whistles like they did with Ferland. Hopefully there is more of a "push back" this year and less acceptance to players like Ferland.

What are we paying Prust for? If he can deal with those players, then he should just GTFO

Well we are NOT paying him to take needless penalties. Why can you people not accept that Ferland did a job and did it well instead of bitching about it.

The Canucks were already fatigued in the playoffs due to the strain the massive injuries put on players. Ferland capitalised on that and we need to accept it. Go watch how the Ducks handled him. No big deal.

Ferland's best accomplishment is just how much he is in the heads of the Canucks fans. These same fans who bitch about the Sedins being soft and the first signs of bogeyman Ferland and they all start reaching for their comfort blankets and heading under the bed. Hilarious.

The way I see it, you probably don't have a lot of perspective on what "headhunter" actually means.

Youtube "Scott Stevens best hits" and then tell me if you think Ferkland is still headhunting. Oh heck, here's the link for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U7jUbKQYdw

All I know is I'll be watching, and hoping it happens. We'll see if Ferland has any smarts, or if he gets goaded into a scrap. I wish we had Lucic. Then you know Ferland would get a good beating:)

A little off topic but how would lucic fit into our lineup next year and would we still want him with youth filling our lineup?

Tough hockey? You mean dIrty hockey. Wait till this guys makes a name for himself with the refs and the league.

hkn-canucks-flames-20150419.jpg

The hit on Juice should have been a suspension.

https://twitter.com/CapitalistChris/...136449/video/1

The guy is a clown. In the reg season he's going to get called and cost his team games, he will soon find himself a healthy scratch. With that said Even without Ferlund flames still beat us, canucks didn't up there game like is needed when playoffs start.

I've always found it a bit amusing, if anything. Furlump looks like he has some NHL game, but I have to say that Bieksa was completely warranted for clobbering him for some of the dangerous stuff (like above) that he was pulling. You cannot let that go on, especially when penalties aren't being called let alone suspensions given.

I think your prediction is correct. Prust will fight Ferland. Prust will rough up another Flame, and Ferland will come into the scrum. Prust will then make Ferland dance.

Ferkland doesn't drop the gloves...he's a piece of sh!t that runs guys blindsided.

Yeah because leaving your feet at 200 mph is playing well in hockey. The commentators were saying I cant believe he hasn't been called for charging yet ? Actually saying he is taking 40 foot runs that always get called but for some reason the refs are letting it go ?

Gimme a break

Wow, this guy is good. Being able to skate roughly 6 times plus the fastest players otherwise in the game is a real advantage for the guy and to be able to do that from 40 feet away (another zone in fact), is indeed awe inspiring.

Too bad the Canucks don't have players who can shoot the puck, say, 600 mph or have a 36 foot tall goalie to compensate in the same manner of scale.

Ferklund would have been called in the regular season for charging, but people need to realize it's the playoffs and this is hockey. American referee's aren't going to call those penalties in the playoffs plain and simple.

When I get nervous about the changes this year, I just think about how pathetic we looked in the playoffs. Love Bieksa, but he looked putrid out there, and so did our entire defense. I also recall never wanting to see Higgins play again in a Canuck uniform.

Benning and Linden addressed our biggest problem: physicality. That's something that is needed in the playoffs. Getting Prust, Sutter, Bartkowski addressed that. Even getting Virtanen too because of his playing style. Those guys will stick up for their teammates. People also forget we didn't have Kassian that series. He would have knocked the crap out of Ferlund.

So, in summary, I think we responded already by the acquisitions we made.

Archived