The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roster for Opening Night vs. Calgary ->

darkpoet

LOL!

Corrado doesn't have to be a forward. We need either 14 F and 7 D or 13 F and 8 D

That's up to the Canucks.

Wait...I am confused.

Why keep Corrado up until Higgins returns? Corrado isn't a forward.

Did you mean Hamhuis? I didn't know Hamhuis was injured. Is Hamhuis injured? :frantic:

What needs to happen is each team needs to be down to 23 player roster (whatever combination is up to each team) and be cap compliant. Any player that needs to be put on to the LTID needs to be on the opening night roster prior to them placing them on. Hence Higgins needs to be included for the 23 man roster. Hutton can be sent down and brought immediately prior to opening night line up.

Sedins - Vrbata

Baertchi-Horvat-Virtanen

Burrows-McCann-Hansen

Proust-Sutter-Dorsett

Vey

Elder-Tavev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Corrado-Bartkowski

Weber

Forget where the money is, this is what I think it should be. First line is a loaded veteran line. Second is kids who have speed, energy and can score. Third is speed and aggressiveness, good checking while potting a few of their own. Fourth is size to pound the opposition and defensively responsible.

Cracknell won't make it, easily sent down. Hutton should be here but until a trade is made on D (Hamhuis at the deadline?) there is no room. Hutton decision is about money and waivers unfortunately, not talent.

Well, I think from what I heard from WD, offense should be given:

Sedin, Sedin, Sutter

Baertschi, Horvat/McCann, Vrbata

Burrows, McCann/Horvat, Hansen

Prust, Vey, Dorsett

Cracknell

Virtanen recently was "good enough" per WD, which means Juniors as Gaunce per WD was also ready to play but still got sent down.

Not sure about Defense though.

Edler, Tanev

???, ???

Hamhuis, Weber

???, ???

Sbisa will be in. The side he'll play will depend on his partner though. Really hope that they'll reward Hutton and Biega for their strong camp. Corrado and Bartkowski looked really bad to me. They shouldn't be anywhere close our roster. With so many good defensemen on waivers right now there's no way they'd get picked up. And even if, it wouldn't be a loss.

Anybody have a look yet?

I'm not sure who's responsible for posting the lines but it's up and the kids are all in.

Sedins/Sutter

Baertschi/Horvat/Vrbata

Burrows/McCann/Hansen

Prust/Cracknell/Virtanen

Edler/Tanev

Weber/Bartkowski

Hutton/Sbisa

Hamhuis?

Anybody have a look yet?

I'm not sure who's responsible for posting the lines but it's up and the kids are all in.

Sedins/Sutter

Baertschi/Horvat/Vrbata

Burrows/McCann/Hansen

Prust/Cracknell/Virtanen

Edler/Tanev

Weber/Bartkowski

Hutton/Sbisa

Id like to see

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Baert Bo Virt

Burrows McCann Vrbata

Hansen Vey Dorsett

Prust

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Hutton

Sbisa Bart

Miller

Marky

To start at least,

Sedin Sedin Sutter <----------It looked good. I think Sutter needs a confidence boost.
Baertchi Horvat Vrbata <-----Vrbata needs to be in the top 6, and Horvat is still our 2nd best center

Burrows McCann Virtanen <-Burrows can teach these guys their own end, and they would be dangerous

Prust Vey Hansen <-----------Gritty, and they kill penalties
Dorsett

I don't know about the D, but whatever they do, I like our D. In fact I love the D.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Vrbata-McCann-Dorsett

Prust-Sutter-Hansen

Cracknell

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Hutton-Bartkowski

Corrado

Biega

Please, no Vey or Weber.

I concur. Great lineup. Now if only WD can get his head out of his arse.

II really want to seethis lineup. Once it happens I bet you it will stick.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Dorsett McCann Prust

Vey Cracknell

This way the veteran tough guys can take care of McCann so he doesn't get knocked into next year. Also don't think you will ever see Sutter centering the 4th line. Vey or Cracknell can slot in as the 4th line center if McCann gets sent back after 9 games, with out having to rework the entire line up. Which is most likely until JB trades a forward. Unless of course McCann just isn't ready yet.

In fact you could roll any of the bottom 5 in or out of the 4th line if WD wanted to. WD could also rearrange the bottom 3 RW as needs be too.

Edler Bartkowski

Hamuis Tanev

Weber Sbisa

Carrado

Hutton gets sent down until the first injury on D brings him back up or JB trades Hamuis or Weber to open a spot for him.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Dorsett McCann Prust

Vey Cracknell

This way the veteran tough guys can take care of McCann so he doesn't get knocked into next year. Also don't think you will ever see Sutter centering the 4th line. Vey or Cracknell can slot in as the 4th line center if McCann gets sent back after 9 games, with out having to rework the entire line up. Which is most likely until JB trades a forward. Unless of course McCann just isn't ready yet.

In fact you could roll any of the bottom 5 in or out of the 4th line if WD wanted to. WD could also rearrange the bottom 3 RW as needs be too.

Edler Bartkowski

Hamuis Tanev

Weber Sbisa

Carrado

Hutton gets sent down until the first injury on D brings him back up or JB trades Hamuis or Weber to open a spot for him.

Weber probably has no value. I wonder what Hamhuis would bring? If we could get a first rounder, he's as good as gone.

Weber probably has no value. I wonder what Hamhuis would bring? If we could get a first rounder, he's as good as gone.

Im ok with Hamuis leaving for a first round and maybe even a prospect but now Weber is just holding up our development of young guys, However he has looked better with his shot so far this preseason but that's about the only thing he brings to the table. I believe Hutton's shot is not too shabby either though.

I have never liked having Weber on our team from the get go. So I wouldn't be displeased to see him go either :)

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Dorsett McCann Prust

Vey Cracknell

Edler Bartkowski

Hamuis Tanev

Weber Sbisa

Carrado

The Sedins already indicated they thought they played better without Vrbata. If they really can convert Sutter, it opens up so many more options.

Anybody have a look yet?

Sedins/Sutter

Baertschi/Horvat/Vrbata

Burrows/McCann/Hansen

Prust/Cracknell/Virtanen

Edler/Tanev

Weber/Bartkowski

Hutton/Sbisa

So no Hamhuis in the opening lineup? Why? Is he traded or will be waived? Doesn't make sense...where is Dorsett, Vey and the goalies?

Archived