The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks make final cuts, roster set for 2015-16

Georgie Best

The waiting game is over! exactly the moves most of us were hoping for, I love this team now, bring on the youth , these kids are gonna give us a big push from the bottom.

Now, what will our lines look like? exciting times!!!

Sedin-Sedin-Suttter ?

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Mccann-Hansen

Prust-Cracknell- Dorsett

Virtanen?

The waiting game is over! exactly the moves most of us were hoping for, I love this team now, bring on the youth , these kids are gonna give us a big push from the bottom.

Hell yeah! I just hope that McCann and Hutton can keep up their good play throughout the season. Also, McCann needs to make sure he keeps his head up. During the summer, he got demolished with his head down. I don't want to see that happen again.\

Yes we McCann!

Hutton also has that Brad Doty spin move. Love it. I'm pretty happy with Benning right now. If only he didn't sign Sbisa and Dorsett to those contracts. I'm still extremely happy that he drafted McCann though. It's about time we get a GM that drafts players that actually have good shots. I remember in the playoffs where we'd just stop scoring goals. The Sedins are incredible players but most of their goals are based off of incredible passing plays. I remember the Hawks always having a lot of players that had good shots. It definitely makes a big difference.

In before, "We wasted a 2nd round pick".

regards,

G.

ya, I know this will be the common response but the Canucks did get one NHL season out of that pick which is more than a lot of 2nd round picks ever amount to.

I'm good with the moves, Vey and Corrado need more time in the minors, if someone else takes them and want to develop them in the NHL then all power to them. I've said it before and still hold to the idea that the NHL is not a developmental league, you want to ice the best team possible and I think Benning and company are trying to do just that. It is a bit risky, maybe a bit bold but good for them charting their own course.

remember that playoff game Frankie played in stead of Ballard?

that is why Corrado is waiver eligible this year not next.

Its the curse of AV

I do, I was pissed at the time because it wasn't going to help us much and thought it may come back and get us at some point.

Well, this is it. The youth movement has taken place.

I expect some struggles early on, specifically from McCann, Virtanen and Hutton. But maybe they will find their ways. The playoffs, in my opinion, rests solely on the Sedins, Horvat, and Miller's shoulders. How much can they carry?

It's in process.......nothing is set yet, until after 9 games for Virt and McCann, and Hutton can be sent down anytime. Even then, they can still be sent to Jr. If Vey and Frankie clear waivers, they can easily be brought up if the kids can't handle the grind. I think one of them will get claimed, but I was wrong about exposing them to waivers in the first place.

Archived