The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Pavelski named Sharks Captain

thejazz97

The San Jose Sharks named forward Joe Pavelski the club's new captainMonday.

Forwards Joe Thornton and Logan Couture will serve as the team's alternate captains, the team announced.

The team went without a captain during the 2014-15 season after Thornton, who served as captain from 2010-2014, was stripped of the role.

Speculation on who would don the "C" for the Sharks ramped up after head coach Peter DeBoer announced that he had made his decision, but was waiting to reveal it.

Pavelski has spent his entire 10-year career with the Sharks posting 228 goals and 485 points in 643 games. He led the team in goals and points last season with 37 and 70 respectively.

http://www.thescore.com/news/846990

NMC

Joe has been very vocal about how much he likes San Jose and how he sees himself finishing out his career there, but in 2014, after the Kings crushed the Sharks, he came out and said that if he wasn't wanted he would reconsider moving on. Nothing happened. Then the press fight of words between Wilson and Thornton. Nothing happened. There have been off season reports 2 years in a row that the Thornton camp has never even been approached about him waiving.

Capital bold letters don't tell the whole story, and I'm sure there is more to it than I've hinted at here too.

Wilson should have been fired a long time ago. Jumbo Joe is a tool.

I like Pavelski though. He's a good choice.

Wilson's easily one of the worst GM's in the league. Now that Todd's gone, he's out of scapegoats. Should've been canned after blowing that 3-0 lead.

Joe has been very vocal about how much he likes San Jose and how he sees himself finishing out his career there, but in 2014, after the Kings crushed the Sharks, he came out and said that if he wasn't wanted he would reconsider moving on. Nothing happened. Then the press fight of words between Wilson and Thornton. Nothing happened. There have been off season reports 2 years in a row that the Thornton camp has never even been approached about him waiving.

Capital bold letters don't tell the whole story, and I'm sure there is more to it than I've hinted at here too.

Is he even worth that much at this point?

Wonder how much teams would give up for Thornton/Marleau. Definitely worth significantly less than like 2/3 years ago.

Archived