The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jordan Schroeder

Remember the time he scored against us and was the Wild's most dangerous player that game? Gillis was right!

Yeah I remember, he popped up for a couple of good plays and a goal and then disappeared for the rest of the game. Don't re-write history. Wild's most dangerous player, my ass.

Schroeder was really good last year in a third line role.

When he got scratched I remember the coaches saying he didn't deserve it, and that scratching him was the easiest way to maintain the form of each of the lines. I believe he had 8 points in 15 games when given the minutes and decent linemates.

The problem is he isn't a legit 2nd line centre, doesn't work well on the fourth line, and the three spot usually goes to checkers. Same thing happened in Vancouver. He looked great between Raymond and Hansen, but when a checking line was formed Raymond moved up to the second line, Hansen to the checking line, leaving Schroeder stuck on the fourth.

On top of that he has had horrible luck with injuries.

He is a solid step up from Vey, offensively and defensively. Better skater as well.

If you had to pick one who would you go with?

Schroeder or Vey?

Schroeder and a 2nd round pick vs vey you mean.. Obv take Schroeder and a pick.. But I'd do it straight up to. Thought he played decent the few wild games I watched last season

With the benefit of hindsight...

I would have Schroeder back over Vey. With or without the 2knd. Speed!

But lets not forget; Vey outperformed Schroeder in their combined AHL years. Schroeder wasn't horrible by any means. Just not exciting. Vey and his line were feared, imposing and he was a solid contributor. There were reasons he jumped up depth charts.

I readily admit endorsing the experiment.

Archived