The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

** Will CDC explode on Wednesday October 28,2015**

WestlockWarrior

How much will Vey's game really change in 3 weeks?

At this point Gaunce is ahead of Vey. Even Grenier outplayed Vey IMO.

Ehhhh, I don't think so.

Grenier was great with Utica last year but he just seemed really slow this pre-season. Looked like he had Hansen-type hands as well.

Who's to say McCann won't be the new Linden Vey by the time October 28th rolls around?

I'll say he won't even be close to Linden Vey. 2 completely different players at different points in their careers. McCann is just beginning his, and it looks like it could be off to a great start already. Vey, on the other hand, is having a difficult time getting his started.

McCann and Virtanen could swap every other game

They could, but they play different positions. It would require them not only switching virt and McCann but also rotating the line up to accomplish it. Not saying it won't happen but it's probably not going to happen.

The real comparison at this stage of our young players is the compete level they bring every shift and every game. I think with the help of the vets (from what I've been reading about their mentoring) McCann and Virt will surprise us and not worried about Hutton he checks like he's got a cigarette in his mouth back there ;)

McCann is the real ???? deal. He's staying.

Haha. I think McCann is gonna be great, and looked great this pre-season. But he's not strong enough to handle a 82 game season yet. Maybe 20-30 games max.

But we'll get better insight into that over the first 9 games. Like I've said, I hope I eat my words and he can impress all year.

Of the three, I think Hutton probably gets sent down first. Defense is harder to play than forward and he can be sent down to Utica, other two has to go back to jr.

Actually, Trevor said yesterday that Hutton was the easiest decision of the three. Hutton would have to fall off pretty significantly to not stick.

Your topic title is a question that's written as statement. It irks me.

To answer your question, no. While many might freak out, the majority of regulars here have more reasonable expectations of McCann, Virtanen, and Hutton.

Archived