The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good Woman with a Gun Shoots Up Home Depot Parking Lot

Jägermeister

...but if it was a costume uniform-wearing, on-duty police officer discharging their service weapon in an irresponsible manner, it'll be alright because they are ordained by a shiny badge making them superhuman with their marksmanship?

No... If a cop was shooting at somebody for stealing from a Home Depot then I'd be chastising them in the same manner.

The issue isn't even guns for me. It's just the complete lack of regard for human life that some (luckily it is a very select few) people have.

No... If a cop was shooting at somebody for stealing from a Home Depot then I'd be chastising them in the same manner.

The issue isn't even guns for me. It's just the complete lack of regard for human life that some (luckily it is a very select few) people have.

Very well, I fully concur with your sentiment.

And I'll include an example of police negligence with firearms...

Very well, I fully concur with your sentiment.

And I'll include an example of police negligence with firearms...

There certainly are trigger happy cops, just as this person with the CC permit was trigger happy. In fact, we've had several threads on this board, criticizing various police departments for their lack of common sense restraint.

Case in point would be Michael Slager, the South Carolina cop who shot a fleeing black man (Walter Scott) 5 times in the back and then dropped his taser beside him, claiming that he "feared for his life" after Scott "stole" the taser from him.

No-one here thought it was "alright". In fact, we all applauded, as for once, the US justice system got it right and Slager was charged with murder.

There certainly are trigger happy cops, just as this person with the CC permit was trigger happy. In fact, we've had several threads on this board, criticizing various police departments for their lack of common sense restraint.

Case in point would be Michael Slager, the South Carolina cop who shot a fleeing black man (Walter Scott) 5 times in the back and then dropped his taser beside him, claiming that he "feared for his life" after Scott "stole" the taser from him.

No-one here thought it was "alright". In fact, we all applauded, as for once, the US justice system got it right and Slager was charged with murder.

Meant to reply and not just quote. Dumb phone. Anyway, I know this topic is almost dead. Just wanted to say that these cops getting busted on camera now, really scares me. Not because they're getting busted... but because how many cops have abused their power in the past but it was their word against the alleged criminals? Thank God for iPhones.

Meant to reply and not just quote. Dumb phone. Anyway, I know this topic is almost dead. Just wanted to say that these cops getting busted on camera now, really scares me. Not because they're getting busted... but because how many cops have abused their power in the past but it was their word against the alleged criminals? Thank God for iPhones.

Not even in some cases, if the suspect is dead and no one was around, the cop could just make up whatever story they wanted.

Not even in some cases, if the suspect is dead and no one was around, the cop could just make up whatever story they wanted.

That's a sad fact. And I've been so guilty of this in the past before. Hey, they're wearing a police uniform. Other guy is just a criminal. Of course I'd believe the cop. Now... I question things that aren't on video. Sadly

Besides keeping an obvious loose cannon off the streets? You make it seem like she made some petty technical infraction. She tried to kill someone. If someone assaults you or armed robbers break into your house, defend yourself, sure. But shooting at freaking shoplifters? Is she insane?

probably

Archived