The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 5 - Flames 1

TheRussianRocket.

Great start to the season. In my mind, the three key issues heading into this game were:

-Miller had to be good

-Sbisa had to be kept on a leash, everyone else does their job

-Resolve drama with Bollig (Canuck killer lol) and Ferland (big bad bully lol)

Saying "Sedins should be dominant and Sutter had better fit in" is a no-brainer, but that is another thing that will have to keep up if the season was to go well. That final dagger goal by Henrik was absolutely incredible, with Sutter using smarts and grit to get it to Daniel, to Henrik.

As for my other points, Miller kept the Canucks in it early on.

Dorsett fight off the bat I thought was great. Get the artificialness over (but on a player to "deserved" it) and just focus on playing the game. The Prust one felt unnecessary, but I thought it did make the whole Bollig hot streak look like a joke. Once that was done, the game was surprisingly clean.

Lastly, Sbisa was absolutely horrible. In the final minute and a half when he got the puck, I was so full of anxiety. But, he managed to make a decent play in the last 2 minutes of the game. Other than that, simply a horrible pizza on the sole goal, and I was SO pissed during the scrum when he wouldn't settle down when it was all basically over. Ugh. Something must be done.

So, my three keys seem to have been resolved. I think this season vs. Calgary is a fresh start. Screw last year.

Great game!

Hutton and McCaan with their first assists, Sedins working magic and Bart looked great.

Horvat looked good despite not putting up points, Baer with a couple nice dishes. Vrbata was invisible which kind of neutralized that line though.

Also PP looked great. No goals but lots of shots and what looks like a legit 2nd PP unit

What an excellent way to start the season. By kicking the team that eliminated them last year. Hopefully the momentum builds right away and the Canucks work towards an excellent season and playoff run. With any luck the cup could be within reach.

one%2Bword%2Bscoreboard.jpg

Sedins' = top 10 scorers like usual

Miller = on point

McCann = beast...Burrows goal was all because of his 2way play, coming back and stealing the puck

Hutton = beauty

Sutter = solid

Bartkowski = smooth puck moving dman, nice passes

Sbisa = sound

Uhh....

Anyways, my thoughts...

Sedins and Sutter- Great game by all. Who would have thunk it?

Tanev- +4. Nuff said

Horvat was good. Books still out on Bear Cheddar. Has some offensive creativity, though. Vrbata looked absolutely uninterested, though.

3rd line was solid. McCann really found his footing as the game went on, and was absolutely key in the burrows goal.

Hutton- Looks like he's going to fit right in.

Sbisa- Prett bad. Was coughing up the puck left, right and center.

Miller- Very good game.

4th line was meh. Noticed Crackers and Prust a lot more than I noticed Dorsett.

Bart looks great. Amazing skater.

Archived