The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 5 - Flames 1

TheRussianRocket.

The way McCann showed it looks like a great idea to put Sutter up with the Sedins. He drives the net, can shoot and has a right handed stick. He'll rejuvenate the Sedins and put up goals.

Vrbata didn't look like he wants to be on the line with Horvat and Baer, he looked disinterested at best but both Baer and Bo showed energy for that line.

Love the 3rd line. McCann with a great back check on Burrows' goal hopefully Cannner gets the assist on that as he should.

Can't be happier with the 4th line. Did exactly what you'd want the 4th line to doe

Hutton was great. He's a great skater with speed and passing ability. Love his size too. What a pleasant surprise on this team

Bart also great showing.

Things look great after 1st game of season, can't wait for game 2.

Seems that Bob Hartless & The Furby Band will be singing the blues at the local tavern tonight.

Love my team, this felt good. Hello hockey, I have missed you.

We seemed composed in comparison to their flighty play. Worked. Like the infusion of some youth coupled with some good ol' reliable boys. And Miller was stellar.

Our defense is looking way better this year. Between Bart and Hutton and take out Bieksa's dumb plays we are just so more solid back there. Only one game I know, but god damn it feels good with how everyone thought the Flames would just steam roll us. Gotta have the same effort on Saturday.

Oh and take out Sbisa's one dumb play, he actually played pretty well tonight IMO.

And while Miller didn't have an overly challenging night, he played real damn well and made some pretty tough saves.

A wonderful start for the Canucks. Play like this most nights and we won't have to deal with the grinding pessimism we've had to deal with on these boards all summer.

I love the fact that the Canucks are supposed to be crap this year. I know it's only one game, but it sure feels mighty good. Nice to see Hutton play well in his first real game.

The only sore point for the Canucks tonight was Sbisa's turnover. Other than that they had a pretty flawless night.

I still think Sbisa has good potential but he really needs to play with some passion. The turnover was pure laziness on his part.

I think Dorsett needs to practice fighting.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good fighter, but he loses a lot if fights because he has a hard time staying on his feet. I believe this is partly to do with his height, or lackthereof, but he needs a better stance.

If he can learn to stay on his feet, he'll win a lot more fights.

The way McCann showed it looks like a great idea to put Sutter up with the Sedins. He drives the net, can shoot and has a right handed stick. He'll rejuvenate the Sedins and put up goals.

Vrbata didn't look like he wants to be on the line with Horvat and Baer, he looked disinterested at best but both Baer and Bo showed energy for that line.

Love the 3rd line. McCann with a great back check on Burrows' goal hopefully Cannner gets the assist on that as he should.

Can't be happier with the 4th line. Did exactly what you'd want the 4th line to doe

Hutton was great. He's a great skater with speed and passing ability. Love his size too. What a pleasant surprise on this team

Bart also great showing.

Things look great after 1st game of season, can't wait for game 2.

Vrbata might find himself traded before the deadline if he wants to pout.

Virtanen proved he could play with them.

But Virby's like that. He disappears for stretches then wakes up. He's done that his whole career. Last year was no exception either.

while everyone praises hutton, and the twins with sutter, i think tanev had his best game as a canuck. he really showed that he's the defensive general on this team. hammer had a good game-- getting shots on goal, and was a lot more aggressive offensively. he made a couple mistakes, but thats the risk you take when you decide to open your game up. i liked what prust brought. he silently just did his thing and was great on the PK when asked. getting scoring from everyone is a breath of fresh air. people questioning burrows coming into this year, because, like the twins, is aging, but these guys are well conditioned to compete. burrows was everywhere

great game

Archived