The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2nd Line Forechecker?

aGENT

The twins flat out said they prefer to play with a forechecker who can help them dig out pucks from corners/boards and go to the net 5 on 5. It more readily allows them to play there game, puts less wear and tear on them and also spreads the scoring around more keeping us from being as much of a one line team. With Vrbata on their line, the twins have to do more of the grunt work getting him the puck than vice versa.

That people still make line up proposals with him on the first line with the twins is down right comical at this point. Short of injuries, penalties or maybe loading up a line trailing in a game etc, Vrbata will almost certainly be on another line until he's traded.

does anyone have the link where they said this? I must have missed it.

I don't recall anyone wishing for dorsett on the second? I saw people asking for Hanson, burr, jake, but dorsett... No

No doubt. I mean I get the line of thinking (I created this very thread on this very subject) but WD picking Dorsett over Burrows, Hansen or Virtanen...

Apparently the original 'kid line' is back together at practice. I'm surprised WD is willing to let them play together this early but I guess against Edmonton there's less of a risk lol.

Don't be surprised to see him break that line up again against better teams though. No matter how well they play tomorrow.

Yeah it was just a little joke, I know nobody (I hope?) was actively calling for DD on the 2nd.

I got a little chuckle picturing Willie D checking out CDC late one night.

"Forechecker? I'll give 'em a forechecker all right!"

willie.jpg

Lmao

Archived