The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's arm

WHL rocks

Well, Dubai would be cool if you're a billionaire.

Buddy of mine works in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Hes been living over there for 8 years now. He makes a lot of money, yes, but its not a particularly expensive place to live or visit unless you want to be all Yachts and Bugatis all the time. Its hot as hell tho, regardless of season. The caste system works well for westerners. Only the royals get better treatment.

Buddy of mine works in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Hes been living over there for 8 years now. He makes a lot of money, yes, but its not a particularly expensive place to live or visit unless you want to be all Yachts and Bugatis all the time. Its hot as hell tho, regardless of season. The caste system works well for westerners. Only the royals get better treatment.

Not necessarily. It works for whites, but if your skin is any other colour, then you fall below some of their average castes. Saw it on a documentary about an pharmacists who went to work there from Canada, who happened to be a Sikh.

Have you been to Saudi?

Look, media cannot change certain truths. Their laws speak for themselves. Mexico and other countries might be more dangerous, but those danger come from the law-breakers not the law-enforcers.

There are a lot of people working in Saudi Arabia from other countries (men as drivers since women cannot diver and women as maids) and some have had pretty horrific experiences.

Your experience in Saudi Arabia (coming from a first-world country) would not mirror that of an ex-pat from a third world country. If you think it does, then you are delusional.

Inferior culture doesn't mean they are sub species or subhuman.

Deeply religious or fundamentalism is bad in any culture. When European were like that back in the Roman, Greek, middle ages and colonial days, they were quite a savage culture. They also held slaves, exploited other civilization, etc. The Christians killed tons of people all in name of their god.

What Christians have done in the name of God is still bad - considering the Bible says that "our war is not against flesh and blood...", but I still don't think it's as many as muslims did for theirs.

http://www.politicalislam.com/tears-of-jihad/

Deeply religious or fundamentalism is bad in any culture. When European were like that back in the Roman, Greek, middle ages and colonial days, they were quite a savage culture. They also held slaves, exploited other civilization, etc. The Christians killed tons of people all in name of their god.

Sure they did, but the civilized world has evolved since then. Arab world lacks humanity, they are barbaric and inhumane. They lack empathy and sympathy for other humans. They will cut your neck off with a kitchen knife because they read a book from the last millennium that tells them they should do that. Arabs can't think for them selves. Their society frowns upon and even punishes having independent thought. They lack compassion. In the civilized world only the mentally ill behave this way. A mentally ill serial killer may decapitate his victims in your country, in the Arab world your son or nephew is probably doing it cus he's trying to get to heaven.

Look at the world and look what is common in that part of the world. They may not be sub human scientifically but they sure are in all practical purposes.

Still has nothing to do with the kinda people that live there.

This guy is an engineer.

You think he beats up his fellow "white" expat co workers at the office? I doubt that very much.

But this is what he does to laborers.... The kicker is this victim was working on expansion of grand mosque in Mecca and the guy beating him up is an engineer at the same project. They really have a good grasp on what GOD likes...

I don't know. Buddhist fundamentalists tend to be pretty ok.

I don't know. Buddhist fundamentalists tend to be pretty ok.

If Christian fundamentalists stuck to scripture more often, they'd be okay too.

I'm probably guilty of straying from scripture though - just so you guys know I'm not just pointing fingers.

Archived