The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN's Aaron Ward arrested for assault on female

Robongo

You shouldn't even hit a women to defend yourself. Learn restraint from that food manager and punk who wanted his mac n cheese (other thread).

Remember that college football player (Florida State QB) who was caught on video defending himself after that girl hit him first at a bar. Public does not look very favourably on this.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13252899/dismissed-florida-state-seminoles-qb-deandre-johnson-apologizes

lmao ok so if a woman is trying to kill, beat injure someone you just let it happen ? So much for gender equality ?

he needs to grow up even if it was just a small push doesn't matter he is responsible for his actions!

He is. And he's paying the price as we speak. 48 hours in holding.

Point is, there are two sides to every story.

More controversy at TSN?

Didn't Barnaby get booted as an analyst in the last few years for doing something stupid as well?

If these kinds of shenanigans keep up they may need a panel to discuss their panel soon.

Yeah, Barnany got a DUI, so they canned him, and I've no doubt Wardo's as good as gone too. TSN's really gone down the crapper recently, and this is not going to help.

lmao ok so if a woman is trying to kill, beat injure someone you just let it happen ? So much for gender equality ?

Look Piff, maybe you should stick to your silly magic tricks. Why didn't you use the example of a woman with an AK47 pointing at you? The context here is domestic altercation. The point is ... don't hit your wife back even if she hits you. If you don't agree with that, then say so ... no need to use example of woman trying to kill you.

Here is TSN's own post of the incident - http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-analyst-aaron-ward-arrested-1.374662. So the police thought the shoving match was serious enough to arrest him.

Former NHL defenceman and TSN analyst Aaron Ward was arrested Friday in Cary, N.C., and charged with two misdemeanors, including assault on a female.

Sgt. Jeff Ward (no relation) of the Cary Police Department said Ward was allegedly involved in a "pushing and shoving match" with his wife, Kelly, inside their home in Cary.

"They had a domestic disagreement that rose to the level we thought required a charge," Sgt. Ward said. "It got a little out of control."

A TSN spokesperson said, "We are aware of the situation and the seriousness of the charges. As a result, Aaron Ward will not appear on-air until further notice."

Ward, 42, was also charged with "interfering with emergency communications," after allegedly taking his wife's cell phone while she was on the phone with emergency dispatchers.

He remains in custody in Wake County until bond and conditions of his release are set by a judge, which is likely to occur on Sunday, according to Cary Police.

Ward played 839 NHL games and won three Stanley Cups, including one in 2006 with the Hurricanes. He was hired by TSN in 2011.

Just a shoving match? Sounds a bit overblown if that's all it was.

Since when is it okay to shove a woman? The guy most likely out weighs her by 100 lbs. do you guys not realize just how much stronger we as men are compared to most women? A man should never raise his hand to a woman, unless critical circumstances occur. Was there not just some video of some rap singer (I don't know his name) who took many slaps and hits from his wife, and he took it all without hitting or pushing her back? God even if a girl hits you what might happen? A bloody nose, or a little cut? Where the heck is Deblovesthe Canuck's? If she can kick your ass, as some women probably ca, thenLEAVE.

Look Piff, maybe you should stick to your silly magic tricks. Why didn't you use the example of a woman with an AK47 pointing at you? The context here is domestic altercation. The point is ... don't hit your wife back even if she hit you. If you don't agree with that, then say so ... no need to use example of woman trying to kill you.

Here is TSN's own post of the incident - http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-analyst-aaron-ward-arrested-1.374662. So the police thought the shoving match was serious enough to arrest him.

Former NHL defenceman and TSN analyst Aaron Ward was arrested Friday in Cary, N.C., and charged with two misdemeanors, including assault on a female.

Sgt. Jeff Ward (no relation) of the Cary Police Department said Ward was allegedly involved in a "pushing and shoving match" with his wife, Kelly, inside their home in Cary.

"They had a domestic disagreement that rose to the level we thought required a charge," Sgt. Ward said. "It got a little out of control."

A TSN spokesperson said, "We are aware of the situation and the seriousness of the charges. As a result, Aaron Ward will not appear on-air until further notice."

Ward, 42, was also charged with "interfering with emergency communications," after allegedly taking his wife's cell phone while she was on the phone with emergency dispatchers.

He remains in custody in Wake County until bond and conditions of his release are set by a judge, which is likely to occur on Sunday, according to Cary Police.

Ward played 839 NHL games and won three Stanley Cups, including one in 2006 with the Hurricanes. He was hired by TSN in 2011.

Twist it to what ever you want bud :)

So women can play hockey n footbal and be in the military but cant get hit ? The double standard is more pathetic today than 20 years ago.

I know plenty of ladies that could kick my ass all over the place.

Yes it is just shoving a woman. What the hell is that supposed to mean? If it was the other way around would it be 'just showing a man'? Pushing someone is not assault. Punching someone is. Not a god damn push. Jesus Christ. God people today are so frickin sensitive.

Should you just push people? No. But god damn pushing someone should not be enough to ???? jail someone for 48 hours. My god.

When you get physical and put your hands on someone, it's assault.

We have options and the one to walk away is the one to use...shoving someone is a form of aggression and there are alternatives.

So women can play hockey n footbal and be in the military but cant get hit ? The double standard is more pathetic today than 20 years ago.

What you're missing is that it's their choice when they engage in football, hockey, etc.

No one has a right to put a hand on us (male and female). It's pretty simple and designed so that we use more constructive alternatives when we're angry.

You would probably like it... sicko. :bigblush:

What you're missing is that it's their choice when they engage in football, hockey, etc.

No one has a right to put a hand on us (male and female). It's pretty simple and designed so that we use more constructive alternatives when we're angry.

It is anyone's choice to do anything in life. I fail to see your point ? If a man or woman chooses to get aggressive or violent they should be aware of the consequences.

AS for the poster thinking the only time it is ok to fight a woman if she has an AK pointed at you is living in a fairytale of epic proportions. This notion a man cannot defend himself from an attacking female is quite possibly the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

Archived