The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN's Aaron Ward arrested for assault on female

Robongo

It is anyone's choice to do anything in life. I fail to see your point ? If a man or woman chooses to get aggressive or violent they should be aware of the consequences.

AS for the poster thinking the only time it is ok to fight a woman if she has an AK pointed at you is living in a fairytale of epic proportions. This notion a man cannot defend himself from an attacking female is quite possibly the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

If she is attacking you with an AK47, I would think you're dead no matter what you do.

Twist it to what ever you want bud :)

So women can play hockey n footbal and be in the military but cant get hit ? The double standard is more pathetic today than 20 years ago.

I know plenty of ladies that could kick my ass all over the place.

It offends me that such a numbskull can have Piff's picture on their profile.

Since when is it okay to shove a woman? The guy most likely out weighs her by 100 lbs. do you guys not realize just how much stronger we as men are compared to most women? A man should never raise his hand to a woman, unless critical circumstances occur. Was there not just some video of some rap singer (I don't know his name) who took many slaps and hits from his wife, and he took it all without hitting or pushing her back? God even if a girl hits you what might happen? A bloody nose, or a little cut? Where the heck is Deblovesthe Canuck's? If she can kick your ass, as some women probably ca, thenLEAVE.

Exactly. If a woman is coming at you with a knife or pistol, it's on.

But if a disagreement escalates to the point where physicality ensues with a woman, a real man steps back. She isn't armed? You either walk away or attempt to restrain her (although that could be misconstrued in our hyper sensitive justice climate as domestic abuse).

Exactly. If a woman is coming at you with a knife or pistol, it's on.

But if a disagreement escalates to the point where physicality ensues with a woman, a real man steps back. She isn't armed? You either walk away or attempt to restrain her (although that could be misconstrued in our hyper sensitive justice climate as domestic abuse).

I feel people who say this have never dealt with a legit situation involving a truly out of control woman. Pardon the phrasing but trying to restrain even a 100 pound out of control animal is hard for a large male.

Plus society is extremely biased towards the female in these situations and many girls will legit exploit it. When I was 19 I dated a girl who was one of those types and during an argument she started throwing punches at me while I was driving. Then when I told her to get out she threatened me with mace so I left the car and she ran after me spraying it but she ran into the mist of her own mace and blinded herself. I went back to help her and walked her to a house but seeing her blind and the bruises on my face (yes believe it or not small girls can cause damage) they called the cops and I ended up cuffed. Despite her being honest about what happened I still had to go to court to prove my innocence and was still fined a few hundred dollars for a public disturbance.

If you are male and a girl gets crazy just run away. People will always side with the girl.

People shouldn't hit other people no matter what sex/gender they are. Just because someone is male does not mean they are responsible for controlling the situation.

Twist it to what ever you want bud :)

So women can play hockey n footbal and be in the military but cant get hit ? The double standard is more pathetic today than 20 years ago.

I know plenty of ladies that could kick my ass all over the place.

You aren't supposed to hit anyone, man or woman. There is no double standard. The fact you don't know that might lead you to jail, but you'll probably be too stupid to realize why you are there.

You aren't supposed to hit anyone, man or woman. There is no double standard.

"Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09, the last year for which figures are available."

"Their plight is largely overlooked by the media, in official reports and in government policy, for example in the provision of refuge places – 7,500 for females in England and Wales but only 60 for men."

"Culturally it's difficult for men to bring these incidents to the attention of the authorities. Men are reluctant to say that they've been abused by women, because it's seen as unmanly and weak."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

Whatever you think of Aaron Ward, let's not think for one second that there is no double standard.

The fact you don't know that might lead you to jail, but you'll probably be too stupid to realize why you are there.

Personal insults make terrible arguments.

"Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09, the last year for which figures are available."

"Their plight is largely overlooked by the media, in official reports and in government policy, for example in the provision of refuge places – 7,500 for females in England and Wales but only 60 for men."

"Culturally it's difficult for men to bring these incidents to the attention of the authorities. Men are reluctant to say that they've been abused by women, because it's seen as unmanly and weak."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

Whatever you think of Aaron Ward, let's not think for one second that there is no double standard.

Personal insults make terrible arguments.

Wow, you need to try and make that more readable.

So what I got from what you posted is that men don't want to say they've been abused. Well if that's the case, then there is little the authorities can do to help them, therefore, no double standard.

Another thing I got is that the provision for refuge places differs for men and women. Hard to comment on that unless you know how much of that capacity is used up. It might be that more women seek refuge than men, in which case, it's common sense that more resources should be allocated where they can be used. Having the exact same allocation refuge places for women and men when only 30 are used by men and 6000 are used by women would make little sense.

The personal insult is not part of my argument but part of my conclusion, which flows logically from my argument.

It's very easy to quote random things from the internet, but you occasionally need to think critically about what they say.

I can tell you as someone who is a defence lawyer that women charged with assault do not have an easier time than men charged with assault, despite what the public perception is. Judges are often very bright people and can see beyond the genders of the accused.

I hate it when people act like women are innocent fragile china dolls and men are OP immortals who only abuse women xD

Like someone above mentioned, some people haven't studied or observes a woman going insane and simply turning the other cheek will not work.

But of course, this is a little off topic :)

Since when is it okay to shove a woman? The guy most likely out weighs her by 100 lbs. do you guys not realize just how much stronger we as men are compared to most women? A man should never raise his hand to a woman, unless critical circumstances occur. Was there not just some video of some rap singer (I don't know his name) who took many slaps and hits from his wife, and he took it all without hitting or pushing her back? God even if a girl hits you what might happen? A bloody nose, or a little cut? Where the heck is Deblovesthe Canuck's? If she can kick your ass, as some women probably ca, thenLEAVE.

Let's not get carried away. Generally speaking, a shove can mean a lot of things. And why that shove happened is also very important. Does anyone have more details?

In regards to the rapper, if he did not retaliate, then good for him but that doesn't mean another man has to take that abuse.

When you get physical and put your hands on someone, it's assault.

We have options and the one to walk away is the one to use...shoving someone is a form of aggression and there are alternatives.

We might disagree here but I'm gonna do my best. Everything you described is a form of aggression and certainly we can make better choices. However i don't think we should categorically place a shove and a punch under the same microscope. If this is a shove, then treat it as a shove. Some people here are getting a little emotional and treating a shove like someone just got knocked out.

Also, what led to the shove is crucial as well.

We might disagree here but I'm gonna do my best. Everything you described is a form of aggression and certainly we can make better choices. However i don't think we should categorically place a shove and a punch under the same microscope. If this is a shove, then treat it as a shove. Some people here are getting a little emotional and treating a shove like someone just got knocked out.

Also, what led to the shove is crucial as well.

Oh I agree in that an entire story has to be heard and considered before rushing to judgement. Especially with police, who should weigh out each situation on an individual basis (and sometimes don't).

I know, firsthand, that a complaint by a woman shouldn't be assumed to be the only story and that determinations based on both party's actions should be made. But the best method of addressing someone hostile is to remove yourself from them and allow a temporary or permanent cooling off. A shove means you've engaged and that's not the best route.

I also feel that men should get the same consideration when they file the complaint...that when a woman is the aggressor, it should be treated the same.

My point is that no one should use shoving or physical force as their method of addressing someone hostile (if possible). That, once you've done that, you've crossed over to become part of the problem, not the solution.

Anger Management 101.

Archived