The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN's Aaron Ward arrested for assault on female

Robongo

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don't ask me, ask your 130 lb. girl friend.  For certain the woman could be angry and aggressive.  The man SHOULD LEAVE.  Men, on the most part, are bigger, stronger, and physically more intimidating than women.  Ask women if they are not afraid when alone with an angry male partner.  Then ask men if they are afraid when alone with their angry female partner.  This is not some antiquated belief that women are delicate flowers.  This is the truth.  The man SHOULD LEAVE.  You really should have this discussion with your lady friend, in an open and honest way.  When alone with an angry man, most women become afraid.  

You have never met a truly angry woman I see, let alone one wielding a knife lets say.   Women are just as capable of inflicting damage and if you can believe be intimidating to some.

Women just like men come in all shapes and sizes and attitudes. Talk to a male who has been in a domestic abuse situation where he is the victim your opinion will begin to change.  Women are just as capable as men in every way and always have been.

This ancient double standard is actually completely ridiculous and I see it will take many generations to wipe it from society.

You have been trained well Alf. 

I asked my wife this question just now and she agrees in the case of an argument just don't let it get out of control like that walk away long before it gets to that point and settle it later. It is the responsibility of both people to make sure it doesn't get out of control not just totally put it all on the guy. Some women can get quite aggressive too......

1 minute ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

You have never met a truly angry woman I see, let alone one wielding a knife lets say.   Women are just as capable of inflicting damage and if you can believe be intimidating to some.

Women just like men come in all shapes and sizes and attitudes. Talk to a male who has been in a domestic abuse situation where he is the victim your opinion will begin to change.  Women are just as capable as men in every way and always have been.

This ancient double standard is actually completely ridiculous and I see it will take many generations to wipe it from society.

I will not agree with your beliefs about men and women being the same.  However, I do believe we can find common ground.  Your avatar sandwich guy, bouncing stuff on his head, is almost as cute as my furry assed alien. :o

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I will not agree with your beliefs about men and women being the same.  However, I do believe we can find common ground.  Your avatar sandwich guy, bouncing stuff on his head, is almost as cute as my furry assed alien. :o

All I am saying ALf is women are not fragile little things and can be just as savage, devious and reckless as men. Everyone has a right to defend themselves from harm.

On Friday, October 09, 2015 at 4:30 PM, LaBamba said:

You aren't official until you get into a shoving match. When the ole lady and I were younger, we'd get drunk, shove each other, spit on each other, then 9 months later....

Did you live above me in an apartment in Marpole? 

Archived