The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Rank your call-ups

Ossi Vaananen

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gaunce

Kenins

Grenier

Pedan

Biega

Picked Grenier over Shink simply because Grenier stuck to the system. In Shinks last preseason game against Calgary, he just started trying to do too much, especially in the last few mins, he was just on the puck, skating his ass off, not using his teammates.

Vey would have made the list, but he'd have to clear waivers when he gets sent back down. Vey is a little better than CDC gives him credit for. If he didn't have to clear, sadly, he'd be #2.

JENSEN IS A BUST.

Definitely depends on who is hurt. For example:

If Baertschi or Daniel are hurt, I want to see some skill on the LW, so probably Shinkaruk.

If Hansen, Burrows, Higgins are hurt, then I want to see Gaunce for his chippy-ness, speed and two-way play.

If Vrbata, Virtanen or Sutter are hurt, probably want to see Jensen because he can put the puck on net and paced for the most goals of any AHL Canucks prospect last year.

If Cracknell is hurt, I wouldn't mind seeing Friesen as a 4th line C.

If Prust or Dorsett are hurt, I'd like to see if Kenins can bring back some of the potential he showed last year.

It also depends on who is playing well in the A.

I think Biega is the number 1 defenseman call up regardless of who's hurt at the moment, but Subban could surpass him if he shows he can handle bigger players.

Archived