The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks - Saturday, 10/10/2015 7:00 PM PT

canucksnhl

I'm thinking there are a couple reasons Jake will not be in yet.

Energy of the crowd, push back of the flames, his eye not fully healed yet, and finally perhaps they want him skating and practicing a little more before they slot him in.

It might be best to wait for the first road game after tonight. That'll be the least amount of pressure and hopefully Jake can focus on his game and not get caught up in the hype.

I'm thinking there are a couple reasons Jake will not be in yet.

Energy of the crowd, push back of the flames, his eye not fully healed yet, and finally perhaps they want him skating and practicing a little more before they slot him in.

It might be best to wait for the first road game after tonight. That'll be the least amount of pressure and hopefully Jake can focus on his game and not get caught up in the hype.

I think it is actually a good sign that Jake is not playing. He can stretch his 9 games out and they will not have to make a decision until later. In the meantime he gets to practice with the team and work with the skills and conditioning coaches. I thought they would do a similar thing with McCann.

Calgary will be angry with their last performance, so I see a closer game.

4-2 Canucks win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

Disappointed to not see Virtanen in the line-up. I know its only been two games and they won their first game, but I don't see the point of keeping him up here if he's going to be sitting in the press-box.

I thought they would have slotted him into the 4th line for the home opener considering he is a Vancouver native...

Disappointed to not see Virtanen in the line-up. I know its only been two games and they won their first game, but I don't see the point of keeping him up here if he's going to be sitting in the press-box.

I thought they would have slotted him into the 4th line for the home opener considering he is a Vancouver native...

Didn't know we had a confirmed lineup, do you have a link?

Archived