The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks - Saturday, 10/10/2015 7:00 PM PT

canucksnhl

Going to be a tough game for Vancouver. No way Hartley lets them get beat up 2 games in a row.

Would be amazing if we could get 4 points up on both the Flames and Kings to start the year, especially with the grueling schedule on the way.

Prediction: 4-3 Canucks in OT Horvat (2), Vrbata, Dorsett 2 apples for Baertschi Vrbata with the OT winner

The canucks are going to do everything they can to extend Virtanen's and McCann's 9 games to the World Juniors

Get used to them not playing every game

UNLESS they are Bo Horvat exceptional when they get games in

I actually thought Mcann looked "real good" on Wednesday, like for serious

If he can continue to improve that could be a very special 3rd line, burrows-McCann-Hansen, lots of speed decent grit and stellar two way play with enough offensive potential to provide some secondary scoring

The canucks are going to do everything they can to extend Virtanen's and McCann's 9 games to the World Juniors

Get used to them not playing every game

UNLESS they are Bo Horvat exceptional when they get games in

Was going to mention this if someone didn't. I'm under a similar impression as Spotted Zebra on the Canucks' intentions of not playing Virtanen and McCann continuously.

We have a (single game) winning formula so I doubt they'll change up the line-up but watch JV:18 and JM:91 swap in and out of the line-up in favour of others over the next little while to stretch their stay with the big club.

Willie has sure grown as a coach in just one year he has gone from not really wanting Bo on the team but JB said to keep him...to playing Bo 4 minutes a game for a good chunk of the season ...to playing Bo on the 3rd line...to making that 3rd line play 2nd line minutes...to just yesterday calling Bo a veteran who they expect to generate offence and playing McCann 12.5 minutes in his first game!

WD adjusts quick...the kids will be fine...we win again 3-0, McCann with his first.

Virt needs to find the right balance of hitting and skating for puck possession sometimes the better choice would be to go for the takeaway over the hit. Plus if he can get the puck he's got the speed and skill to do something with it.

Needs to play with linemates that can keep up and also understand how to play to his strengths

For some reason I thought the game was yesterday...I rushed home and spent 10 exasperated minutes trying to find the channel before I bothered to double check my assumption online. :picard:

GO CANUCKS GO! :towel:

Haha I spent half an hour Tuesday at work trying to get the audio to go on the Canucks app before realizing it was in fact Tuesday, not Wednesday.

qqrVW17F_normal.jpg

Vancouver Canucks VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png@VanCanuckstwitter_bird.png

#Canucks will not make any line-up changes tonight vs. Flames, according to coach Desjardins.

Great. Should mess with what worked so well.

I know it's game two but this is a must win. Make sure we kick the Flames down while we have the chance.

These games could be the difference between winning the pacific and proving we are the class of the division vs 2nd place.

Great. Should mess with what worked so well.

I know it's game two but this is a must win. Make sure we kick the Flames down while we have the chance.

These games could be the difference between winning the pacific and proving we are the class of the division vs 2nd place.

I hate the Flames, and don't care how we win - just win.

Archived