The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames vs Canucks 3-2 OT Loss

Hodgson!!

I would be fine with Baerschi sitting a game or so in order to display Virtanen's skills. I don't think Baer has been much of a factor out there.

I thought he had a decent game actually. He does need to work on a few things for sure, but overall he played alright.

I still really get the feeling like its McCann thats on the hot seat once Higgins returns. he NEEDS to keep up his play and continue to find ways to get on the score sheet.

Vrbata doesnt really seem to fit that line right now. Id like to see the kid line again and give Vrbata what he really wants, to play with the twins. (Which is the reason why he signed here).

Once Higgy is healthy, Id like to see this lineup.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Higgins McCann Dorsett

Prust

Cracknell

drb9sx.jpg

Love the "19 year old" Jared McCann (twice). Sam who?

A good game and when Calgary had a do or die energy and pushed back it could have gone either way. What I did like was that our guys didn't run around, "chasing" them and stayed the course and fairly sound positionally. Fun that an old rivalry is being revived. These points are so important, so glad we managed to grab most of them in the back to back.

Clearly Baertschi is a perimeter player and while his passing is not bad, even NHL calibre, his "presence" in the game is lacking. If Virtanen replaced anyone, it should be him. Or at game 10 do the posters start saying "gifted" if he continues at his present pace? It is still way early yet.

Best Canuck last night was Miller. Game would have been a bloodbath without him.

Way too many passengers last night. When did this become a non-hitting league?

Still a pretty entertaining game and Hutton appears to be the real deal as well. Impressive.

Defence pairing should have been:

Hamhuis (Defence) - Weber (Offense)

Bartkowski (Offense) - Tanev (Defence)

Hutton (Offense) - Sbisa (?)

It should have been 1 good Dman pairing with a bad Dman...

Instead we get Sbisa and Weber together on PK....who is the defence pairing coordinator?

If anything the vets showed why we need youth tonight.

Veterans making rookie plays all night.

Willie needs to review some video with these guys. Blown coverage all night long.

They're better than that.

Hopefully just early-season syndrome but yes, they should know better on a couple of those at least. Calgary definietly wanted to puck more in the third.

Defence pairing should have been:

Hamhuis (Defence) - Weber (Offense)

Bartkowski (Offense) - Tanev (Defence)

Hutton (Offense) - Sbisa (?)

It should have been 1 good Dman pairing with a bad Dman...

Instead we get Sbisa and Weber together on PK....who is the defence pairing coordinator?

That makes sense until you concider the fact that matchups and ice time are not the same for all lines.

That makes sense until you concider the fact that matchups and ice time are not the same for all lines.

Good point, but a balanced defence should be able to counter various situations.

That Hamhuis & Bartkowski pairing caused the 2nd goal because both are left handed defenceman trying to cover the same point, then ran into each other realizing they left a forward open.

Management should be looking for a right handed shutdown defenceman in a trade, since we have like 3 left handed puck-moving defence.

Suter was terrible on the play and miller blew that...

To be fair it looked like Sutter had strippes johnny hockey of the puck and almost send Daniel in alone. Wideman made a beauty play to keep it in. I wouldn't blame that one on Sutter, its 3 on 3. If its not an odd man rush one way it is the other.

Archived