The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames vs Canucks 3-2 OT Loss

Hodgson!!

Like I said in 1st period of game 1. Vrby is in contract year. Hes having a hissy

fit playing with a rookie and sophomore. Vrby wants to be on sedin line to get points for a better contract next year.

didn't "virby" say he wanted to play with both before the season?

It's going to take the new guys around 10 games to get used to new linemates/team/system. The one mistake not made so far is too much line juggling. Look how foolish Edmonton looks for not playing McJesus enough in the pre-season - they don't know where to put him yet?

We will be fine, have faith in the coach. We definitely need another puck moving D though. Hopefully JB can pull some trade magic or catch something on the waiver wire.

didn't "virby" say he wanted to play with both before the season?

No he stated he wanted to know who he was playing with since he was always having new line mates during the pre-season.

He wanted to know in order to have time to create chemistry with his new line mates.

I thought they'd work well together since they both play a give and go game. So far it hasn't been working too well.

Vrbata's game is more suited to the Sedins line. He knows how to get to open ice and get his shot off quick. With Horvat and Baertschi he seems to be waiting for them to get the puck to him but it never comes.

Bo usually takes it to net himself, which is why Sutter is probably a better winger for him. He knows how to get in traffic and pick up rebounds.

They need to practice some give and go plays at speed to get used to each other. It seemed to me that Baer was trying to get it to Vrbata to much...when Bo was open on the wing for an unobstructed pass Baer would cross ice it to Radim but get it picked off on the way.

I like Jake on that line instead of Radim but then where does Radim go and if it's in Sutter's place, then where does McCann go?

I guess McCracken or Prust could come out...Jake's in next game anyway...hmmm.

J.R. made essentially that point in another thread, though his solution was different. See http://forum.canucks.com/topic/372516-2nd-line-forechecker/

Not sure I'd take Burr off Canners line. Hes a young C just getting his feet wet. That line has looked good and I'd leave it be. Putting Baer on that line would expose it on the D side of ice. Perhaps switch Vrby and Sutter but then you're rewarding Vrby for his hissy fit.

Gotta figure out a way to get Virt in the lineup too so who knows. JR'S lineup might be tried next game.

No he stated he wanted to know who he was playing with since he was always having new line mates during the pre-season.

He wanted to know in order to have time to create chemistry with his new line mates.

before preseason they asked vrbata who he wanted to play with in an interview. He said bo.

Also there is this

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=11428637

We can make stuff up and speculate like little girls, or we can find the truth.

before preseason they asked vrbata who he wanted to play with in an interview. He said bo.

Also there is this

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=11428637

We can make stuff up and speculate like little girls, or we can find the truth.

Okay. Here's the truth.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Vrbata+getting+antsy+about+linemates/11406622/story.html

Don't know why you'd call any of us little girls or state that we're making stuff up.

Okay. Here's the truth.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Vrbata+getting+antsy+about+linemates/11406622/story.html

Don't know why you'd call any of us little girls or state that we're making stuff up.

don't see anywhere in there saying that he is throwing a hissy fit because he's playing with a rookie and sophomore. Or that he wants to play with the twins so he can pad his stats in his contract year.

Thatso what I'm referring to.

don't see anywhere in there saying that he is throwing a hissy fit because he's playing with a rookie and sophomore. Or that he wants to play with the twins so he can pad his stats in his contract year.

Thatso what I'm referring to.

Never stated any of that of what you said.

I pretty much summed up that interview link I posted.

Like I said in 1st period of game 1. Vrby is in contract year. Hes having a hissy

fit playing with a rookie and sophomore. Vrby wants to be on sedin line to get points for a better contract next year.

Right here man. This is what I'm talking about. I didn't quote you to begin this. I was referring to WHL the entire time.

Didnt't I say that Vrbata is useless when he isn't producing? If he delivers a regular season like he did last season, then he's a valuable piece to the team. So far with zero productivity, he's been useless...maybe he's deathly afraid of playing against the Flames? Maybe Johnny Gaudreau makes Vrbata shat his hockey pants? And no, he's not one to apply any offensive pressure. His game is designed to find open seams for feeds from other players doing the heavy lifting (you know, puck pursuit, retrieving it, finding the open man).

Vrbata playing passionately? Now that's about the funniest thing I've read in a long time. There's many good things about Vrbata, but playing with passion isn't one of them.

Did you just ignore that I said he is underrated defensively? Scoring is not the only thing to his game, and he makes a lot of smart plays. He's gotten chances, and just needs to get it up and over the pads.

Puck retrieval is Bo's job on the line. The main thing I think is going wrong is that Baer is forcing it to Vrbata too much. They looked good together in the preseason, and when Sutter was between them it was he who looked out of place. I think once that line gains chemistry they'll be fine, but perhaps Vrbata should be put with the Sedins to get going.

Vrbata has been skating hard to get open, and his shot count indicates he has been. He's not the kind of guy to go rahrah and hit everybody, and if that is what you equate with passion then okay.

It's been two games. He will start producing.

The Sutter experiment with the Twins deserves more time. Same with Horvat's line with Vrbata and Sven B

as wingers. As Horvat said they are working on their plays.

Vrbata was moved to the 2nd line last year to spread the offensive threat but also because he had dried

up with the Twins. Burrows went back with the Twins and reenergized the line. Vrbata is a vet and I

suspect he will engage.

Right here man. This is what I'm talking about. I didn't quote you to begin this. I was referring to WHL the entire time.

I was referring to vrby complaining about not knowing who he's playing with and also as most people have noticed Vrbys lack of effort out there the last 2 games.

I noticed it 1st period of 1 game and mentioned it. His apathetic play tells me he's unhappy. He was promised he'd play with the Sedins when he signed. Now going into UFA year no way he wants to play with a soft rookie in Baer and do all the heavy lifting on that line.

And no ones crying ike little girls. To me it's not a big deal if canucks don't win. I said yesterday in PGT no big deal they lost. I enjoyed watchkng the kids play well. We're just discussing a subject, that's all. I enjoy watching the game and discussing the game.

Dib, it better not come to that. McCann's speed up and down the ice has been one of the team's better assets in the first 2 games. It's obvious he's not one of the players causing problems. If the coaching staff starts going full-coward here and starts curtailing the kids, I'll be downright pissed.

I hope it doesn't come to that either but I will not be surprised if it does. JB and WD seem to see Higgins as a key player while I see him as redundant and a road block to the likes of Gaunce getting in the line up. We have enough of the defensively responsible type of interchangeable players. We need more offensive threats.

Archived